Akunin

Firearms

I have the M&P Sport AR-15 223 cal. it is a shooting machine. I have dropped it and picked it up and squeezed the trigger and it goes boom. a lot of the officers I worked with bought the S&W AR.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

I have the M&P Sport AR-15 223 cal. it is a shooting machine. I have dropped it and picked it up and squeezed the trigger and it goes boom. a lot of the officers I worked with bought the S&W AR.

Nice , I just did one review of it 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I wouldn't mind having one of these ^^^ , I got to shot son in law's last weekend , .22 bullets are cheap , the gun  was  $500 in basic form  , bet they are more now days 

I have the M&P 15-22 Sport. It has a round barrel shroud with full pic rail on top - easier on the hand. Comes with Magpul MBus flip up battle sights. I added a Vortex Crossfire red dot which co-wittnesses with the battle sights. Extremely accurate and funner then all get out. Paid $435 for it new and $120 for the red dot.

• Like 1

I been looking around this morning for a MP15 22 and every where is out of stock so far 

7 hours ago, shadetree said:

same goes for anyone else, please leave politics out of this thread, want to talk about fire arms ?, have at it !..want to talk politics ?, take it down the hall or out side, not here !.

ive noticed the political talk has made it's way into a few threads .... even on my firewood thread ...(which i stopped) I'm guilty as all get out!  ... but it's gotten WAY out of hand IMO .... it was voted ... in mybb  forums ... it would be a ban .... topic .... yet ... it's been allowed here... strange how those who said no political talk... didnt back the words they spoke..... as i stated before .. i thought it was best to take this topic to PM, or private email... maybe even the chat room ... i think each of us who have  created / started there own thread should be responsible for keeping the topic MOSTLY on the rails ... and IMO it's had an effect on guest viewing the forums .... and deciding whether to joiner not....not to mention our memebers from outside the United States ... probably do not wish to hear about our countries political issues .... sence I've not seen much complaints from outside our country .... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

I own a GSG-16 (MP 5 Clone) awesome .22. I love it cause it’s short with collapsing stock. 

2FC0B405-D8E5-438D-9365-5F73989EC468.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, shadetree said:

what's strange in me buying my hand gun ?, it had nothing to do with this mess we are in, i've wanted a beretta 9m ever sense i first watched lethal weapon with mel gibson.

LOL...agree...and I've wanted a big dually pickup truck ever since I watched the 2nd Lethal weapon where Mel chains the post of the beach house to the bumper of his truck and yanks that sucker down!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Nice , I just did one review of it 

agreed..I purchased the sport II not long after it came out...just under the $600 pricepoint it was a good value rifle. Did upgrade the grip, but other than that, left the rifle stock...so typical trigger lbs and iron sights...figured if I were to ever pull it into service it would be for backyard "get off my lawn" work, nothing more precise than that. I've got about 600rds through it..never once experienced a failure of any kind..shoots as accurate at 100yds as my eyes can go on irons only....just an easy decision for folks that want a good standard rifle in the home..definitely recommend it to anyone...and I suspect if folks really wanted to enjoy some 50-200yd target fun, then a decent budget scope like the Nikon P223 and a $100 trigger upgrade..and you should be happy all around.

haven't checked to see what availability is like out there right now on these..but even at, say, $700, in today's panic'd market, I'd still consider this to be a good value rifle.

18 hours ago, Bighanded said:

that's the mode we are in.... couple neighbors ran out and bought new pistols back in May...and you could hear them range practicing in their backyards...they'd go through that box of 50 and stop...then this past month..the neighborhood has gone silent..nobody has  ammo to shoot...

I sure am glad I loaded up on Suprema 00 buck when walmart marked it down to $2.50/box.....that would be 25 round boxes too.  Can't find buckshot now around here.

18 hours ago, Dredd said:

Taking advantage of people in desperate times. What a strange brag. 

I used to hear this a lot.  People have money for a new SUV and truck every other year.  They have money to take 4 vacations a year.  They have money to throw around on this and that, but they keep one box of ammo at the house.  THEN, when there's fear, be it social unrest, a pandemic, or a bad election, they start asking to buy ammo from me, or even more often from a buddy of mine that is a BIG TIME shooter.  They want to buy ammo and pre-panic prices, because all of the sudden it's either unavailable or really expensive.

So do you, the ant, sell your supplies to the grasshoppers at your cost, because they didn't prepare?  Do you sell your stuff cheap knowing you can't replace it without paying twice as much?

After the 2008 elections I got a lot of those calls.  Some of my close friends I helped out...a little bit, and as soon as prices dropped back down (albeit years later) I said "Now look, the stuff is cheap now, you better buy your own because I'm not giving you squat in the future!".  They heeded my advice.  Every one of them.  The guys that I haven't spoken to in 5 years, who only call me when they need something?  They can pound sand.

Kind of a pet peeve of mine, because it's happened to me several times over the years.  Aside from Jeeps, ATV's and shooting, I don't spend much money (and those are PLENTY to keep my wallet empty).  I drive old beater vehicles.  I take ONE vacation a year, which is for my family, not me.  I'm also fairly well prepared.  When someone else fails to "adult" and then wants me to bail them out, and especially when it's repetitive, and the people have been warned......that is consequences for their inaction.  The guy who has a lake house but doesn't want to pay current market price for ammo right now, I have ZERO sympathy for him.

It's not taking advantage.  It's not allowing someone else to take advantage of you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I wouldn't mind having one of these ^^^ , I got to shot son in law's last weekend , .22 bullets are cheap , the gun  was  $500 in basic form  , bet they are more now days 

is this what an ar-15 is suppose to look like ?.

2 hours ago, Bighanded said:

LOL...agree...and I've wanted a big dually pickup truck ever since I watched the 2nd Lethal weapon where Mel chains the post of the beach house to the bumper of his truck and yanks that sucker down!

rofl, yeah..and it was a chevy too !..lol.

1 hour ago, Bighanded said:

agreed..I purchased the sport II not long after it came out...just under the $600 pricepoint it was a good value rifle. Did upgrade the grip, but other than that, left the rifle stock...so typical trigger lbs and iron sights...figured if I were to ever pull it into service it would be for backyard "get off my lawn" work, nothing more precise than that. I've got about 600rds through it..never once experienced a failure of any kind..shoots as accurate at 100yds as my eyes can go on irons only....just an easy decision for folks that want a good standard rifle in the home..definitely recommend it to anyone...and I suspect if folks really wanted to enjoy some 50-200yd target fun, then a decent budget scope like the Nikon P223 and a $100 trigger upgrade..and you should be happy all around.

haven't checked to see what availability is like out there right now on these..but even at, say, $700, in today's panic'd market, I'd still consider this to be a good value rifle.

I just missed 7 of them , they were sold  last week at  $439 each ---- I see the norm price  around is $479 now days , I just drove 150 miles round trip , was on the phone the whole way , got people searching for me 

25 minutes ago, shadetree said:

Internet says they have 3  -----  dealers I called today , showed  they had them on the net , but none in stock when you call ----looks like with that Gun Broker , you have to go to a local dealer and have it transffered to them , would bet there is a fee for that , I checked the shipping and that isn't bad at  $15 to Slidell  ---- never did find a phone number to talk with someone at GunBroker 

13 hours ago, shadetree said:

please leave the politics out of this thread, title is fire arms, not who is the best president. 

Let's see some pics! Especially if there is a story to go with it, I love hearing the history of a gun especially heirlooms

• Like 1

I got a S+W MP-15-22 in transit , all the way from the top of Minnesota -------   if anyone else wants one right now , act fast  , there are 2 left and they are rare as elephant crap in a canary cage right now .....  all the local dealers in 100 miles of me couldn't even order one for me 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Akunin said:

Let's see some pics! Especially if there is a story to go with it, I love hearing the history of a gun especially heirlooms

i would post pics of my dad's guns ?, but seeing how some one liked them more than me ?, i can't !. but what i can tell you is, he had a rem 30-06, 742 woods master, paid 32 bucks for it way back in the day when he was in his 20's while he was in the air force, try buying this same gun today at that price !. my gun was a marlin 30-30, very old model, do not remember the model ?, but both were stolen from my house. i have a pretty good idea who did it ?, but..as you and me both know..proof needs to be here !. regardless, KARMA GOT 2 OF THEM !, THEY ARE BOTH DEAD NOW...NOOO..I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT...LOL. so now i have this 9m beretta, and i also have another marlin 30-30 that i traded a trx350fm rancher for that i restored, before you say wtf ???..i had no choice back then, i wont get into the details..but lets just say i could not own/carry..lol. I CAN NOW THOUGH !!!. hence the reason i bought the 9m.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Akunin said:

This belonged to my great grandfather.  He passed it down to my great uncle (my grandmother's brother).   My great uncle recently passed it to me.  .32 rimfire Remington Elliot

We haven't exactly gotten along over the years, but he knows I appreciate and value family stuff, so he knows that by passing it to me it will stay in the family.

elliot.png

elliot2.png

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i would post pics of my dad's guns ?, but seeing how some one liked them more than me ?, i can't !. but what i can tell you is, he had a rem 30-06, 742 woods master, paid 32 bucks for it way back in the day when he was in his 20's while he was in the air force, try buying this same gun today at that price !. my gun was a marlin 30-30, very old model, do not remember the model ?, but both were stolen from my house. i have a pretty good idea who did it ?, but..as you and me both know..proof needs to be here !. regardless, KARMA GOT 2 OF THEM !, THEY ARE BOTH DEAD NOW...NOOO..I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT...LOL. so now i have this 9m beretta, and i also have another marlin 30-30 that i traded a trx350fm rancher for that i restored, before you say wtf ???..i had no choice back then, i wont get into the details..but lets just say i could not own/carry..lol. I CAN NOW THOUGH !!!. hence the reason i bought the 9m.

nuttin shabby about a nice Berry pistol...served this man's Army well for many many years.  congrats on the new purchase!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

This belonged to my great grandfather.  He passed it down to my great uncle (my grandmother's brother).   My great uncle recently passed it to me.  .32 rimfire Remington Elliot

We haven't exactly gotten along over the years, but he knows I appreciate and value family stuff, so he knows that by passing it to me it will stay in the family.

elliot.png

elliot2.png

oh very nice! That's what I'm talking about! 🙂

I appreciate and value family stuff, so he knows that by passing it to me it will stay in the family.

exactly!! 

I've had a few old ones passed downed to me ... as well as other family members.... my father has two very old Civil war long guns ... he keeps in a safe ...he's only brought them out twice ... as for the rest of the stock ... all kept in a gun safe ... so i decline on posting pics ... hardly anyone knows of these old rare guns ... 

• Like 1

Shade,I like that Marlin. Always had a thing for lever guns. My father has a pre 64 Winchester Model 94 in .32 Special, he already told me I can’t  have it until he dies. Lol 

• Like 2