Akunin

Firearms

I have a few. Concealed carry depends on my mood. I have a Springfield Arms XD-9 sub-compact, a Taurus 40 Cal slim, a Keltek PMR-30 in 22 mag. I really enjoy carrying it. Very light weight and holds 30 rounds in the mag. 

Long guns, I have a few more. 30-06, 270, 243, 22-250, 223, 22 mag and 22 LR. A 12 and a 20 gauge shot gun. As well as an 1860 Enfield 577 caliber muzzle loader and a 50 cal Optima muzzle loader.

Xross bow and 5 or 6 long bows, most custom made

45 minutes ago, Mr. Brian said:

I have a few. Concealed carry depends on my mood. I have a Springfield Arms XD-9 sub-compact, a Taurus 40 Cal slim, a Keltek PMR-30 in 22 mag. I really enjoy carrying it. Very light weight and holds 30 rounds in the mag. 

Long guns, I have a few more. 30-06, 270, 243, 22-250, 223, 22 mag and 22 LR. A 12 and a 20 gauge shot gun. As well as an 1860 Enfield 577 caliber muzzle loader and a 50 cal Optima muzzle loader.

Xross bow and 5 or 6 long bows, most custom made

I only conceal carry my S&W m&p shield .45 single stack. primary use is for when i'm in the woods while bow hunting or shady craigslist transactions lol.... it's still a little big for my liking but i want the knockdown because some day, i'll be face to face with a bear and i don't want a .22 in my hands. mine still holds 8 or 10 depending on the clip. I have some +2 clips.

Lol. I just wanted to try to be fair while bidding on it. I  didnt get it, a little to much for my pocket book went for 1800.00

Just now, Freedomflyer said:

Lol. I just wanted to try to be fair while bidding on it. I  didnt get it, a little to much for my pocket book went for 1800.00

i wasn't too far off then. My cousin was just saying that he was at a gun show and everything is going for about %20 more than they should be. People are buying older used guns for the same price as new just to avoid tax and registering them.... I guess. That's all we can think of.

4 minutes ago, sled_22 said:

I only conceal carry my S&W m&p shield .45 single stack. primary use is for when i'm in the woods while bow hunting or shady craigslist transactions lol.... it's still a little big for my liking but i want the knockdown because some day, i'll be face to face with a bear and i don't want a .22 in my hands. mine still holds 8 or 10 depending on the clip. I have some +2 clips.

Not alot of bears in my neck of the woods. BUT, we do have alot of hogs and some gators. Modern self defense rounds are pretty limited in knockdown. This is due to the desire to keep rounds from going through walls. Unless a controlled expansion bullet and custom loaded for heavy game you MAY fin them a bit light for bear.

Did you know that in most cases even CAT IV Body Armor will not stop a 22 magnum. they are not really given the credit they deserve. I kill wild hogs regularly with my 22 magnum on out to 50 - 75 yards. This is dependent on shot placement of course. I am pleased with my Springfield handling and consistency. My 40 cal is VERY impressive and easily concealed, especially this time year when it's colder.

Anyone ever hear of the Hunt Group Arms MH-12? I just picked one up. It’s in the mail. Looking forward to this lil beast!

Ordered a Fab Defence PTK Foregrip as well. Have one on my UTS-15 & love it. 

14” double barrel pump .12 gauge.  Similar to the DP-12

86C2C1B2-0BD9-4D82-BBD6-F3DDEBFF89ED.png

5C906E7D-A24C-433E-BC31-5401BC812318.png

069722AC-5C78-4D67-BE71-CA4749A33E72.png

A02608D5-5183-4CBE-B908-87E0C66E0701.png

C29EB491-935C-471A-B891-CDC33CB6C9BF.png

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 6

Picked me up an early x-mas gift. Rock island vr80. Semi automatic 12 gauge. Man this thing is sick. 1/2 the kick of a normal 12 gauge.

20201126_133957.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SlammedRanger said:

Picked me up an early x-mas gift. Rock island vr80. Semi automatic 12 gauge. Man this thing is sick. 1/2 the kick of a normal 12 gauge.

20201126_133957.jpg

that’s sweet!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just ordered the boys some 5.56 and 7.62 rounds for Christmas. Dayum! The price skyrocketed and they were near impossible to find, especially the 5.56. Finally found some plinking rounds on true shot

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, slowindown said:

I just ordered the boys some 5.56 and 7.62 rounds for Christmas. Dayum! The price skyrocketed and they were near impossible to find, especially the 5.56. Finally found some plinking rounds on true shot

what kind of 7.62. I was getting Hornady SST 50rds for $40 (Redbox) NOW... Hornady Black 20rda $40! UNREAL!

x39, not .308.  One boy built a ar in 5.56x45 and one in 7.62x39.  I just got them some cheap (well, not cheap compared to a year or two ago)  tulammo and red army standard FMJ's for plinking.  They can buy their own fancy rounds.  I bought six boxes (20 rds) of 5.56 and 4 boxes of 7.62 and with shipping it was $150. Crazy!

• Like 1

Did any of you'll read the article  came out of  the " might soon be " new administration , it is about  a preposed $200 per year gun tax  , also a tax on magazines over 10 shots , reading in between the lines , it is really a registration fee , would guess so they know who has the guns and where to come and get them , also mentioned was if you are caught with a unregistered  gun or high capacity magazine , it then it would be a felony and the gun/mags  confiscated -----also read that mags over 10 shots are going to targeted as being illegal in legislation  and manufacturers required to quit production of them for the civilian market , also mentioned was flat out outlawing mags over 10 shots ---wish I would have saved the link to the story 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My gun has 5 round mags and can be blocked down to 3 for hunting. It is classed as a shot gun. I cant see them taking guns you use to "hunt" with away....lol

I also plan to get a 9 round mag for it. Still under there 10 limit and 9 rounds of 00 buck is more than plenty to protect me and my family.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

fish, glad you brought this up, i just was thinking what kind of BS those nuts are going to come up with. 

Lets not get political with it , stick to the law 

The guys  on the radio station Walton and Johnson , Billy ED  said , he was out in his flat boat , he took every gun he owned  with him to do some target shooting , the boat flipped over and all his guns were lost , that's his story and he is sticking to it , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the ammo shortage, where does that come from? lack of specific ammo? sometimes i dont think its from buyers of ammo. supply and demand, says no.

more want to buy, more is made. commerce question. has nothing to due with politics.

many of the components used in making rounds, and of course much of our ammo itself, comes from overseas and those countries have been under covid crunch as well..so it's been a perfect storm of market panic due to anticipated political changes, civil unrest this past year, and covid shutdowns.

most of us on here are likely old enough to have lived through the 10 years of what we termed the "Clinton ban"..which included those 10 rd mag capacity limits.

so the precident has already been set. Tax laws...again, look at the cigarette industry..for the good of the kids, we need all sorts of programs that inform our citizens of the dangers of smoking, enact laws to prevent access to products and basically implement a "sin tax" so that the manufacturers and consumers who want to continue to smoke will have a much higher cost.

Obamacare, same thing...in order to pay for it, they even tax "appliances"...ie toothbrushes.

so, yes, we have a number of laws that have made it through legislation and even gotten past SCOTUS.

and, no, nobody is coming to our doors to take our guns. They will much more easily leverage law to ban sale, then possession, and use the arm of the IRS etc to gain compliance.

again, guys, this is not political either side, it's just talking about the mechanisms.

I've been a tad disappointed at some of the calls I've gotten from family (inlaws) and friends...they know I'm a gun guy, lots of advanced training over the years, etc. They are just now looking at getting a gun for themselves out of fear of civil unrest etc. Or they have owned firearms for years but just realized they have all of a 50 round box in the closet or maybe only what's in their magazine.

so they want to know where they can even find ammo, etc. I feel for them, but help from me was out there years ago..and was ignored. 

They heard me preach it over the years, they imagine I might have a stash someplace to share, whatever the case..the ship has sailed.

I'm old, and old school, so my preferred pistol platform has always been 1911...compacts for conceal carry as well as fullsize.

by design, those are7 or 8 rd pistols. so the mag capacity limit thing never really crossed paths with me

Long guns...same thing..a decent shotgun for bird, rabbit, even slugs for deer. or the old winchester 30/30 lever rifle was all I ever felt I needed.

It was only when politicians start showing up on camera telling me I shouldn't be allowed to have 11 rounds or a rifle with certain characteristics that I start to take note.

for years, (since 1998) the coyote rifle has been an old mini 14 ranch rifle...and yes, I have 5, 10, 20, 30 rd capacity magazines for it..silly old laws thought that rifle was just fine, but an AR style platform that shoots the same caliber, same mag capacity, looks like an evil weapon of war and so I should not own one..guess who went straight down to the store.

now I have no delusions of my one bitty cannon standing against a professionally equipped and trained force. and at 64 yrs of age I'm not looking to go to battle.

But I'm also not in a panic, chasing over priced junk ammo, etc...guess I'm just the guy that makes sure there's some gas in the tank before I go on a ride on the Fourtrax, or that there's some extra food in the pantry and batteries in the flashlight before the hurricane or winter ice storm arrives..same with firearms...had no doubt that the tide would once again shift on guns and I'm not at all unhappy with the $ I've spent before we got to today.

ya'll stay safe...n keep yer powder dry.

ET

• Like 5

None of this is new news if you are an avid gun guy. I've been an NRA member for years and we have spent lots of time and money fighting for everybody's rights. It's funny how many people didn't give a crap until they feel personally threatened. As far as I'm concerned the only reason the first amendment still stands is because of the Second Amendment. Liberal media can say anything they want right or wrong with no consequences. Yet firearms owners are held to the highest standards of anyone. If you don't join those who speak out against this abuse of our rights then you don't have a dog in the fight.

• Like 3

Tomorrow is opening day of PA deer season.  This is the gun I'm hunting with.  Remington 7600 in 308 caliber with Redfield 3X9 scope.

IMG_0584.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/26/2020 at 11:51 AM, SlammedRanger said:

20201126_133957.jpg

I had a VR60 then went to the VR80. Great gun! It was a stepping stone to my latest which I got strictly for target and emphasis on home defense 

12 gauge, shoots 2 3/4 or 3" and four five round magazines.

20201127_213145.jpg

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Akunin said:

I had a VR60 then went to the VR80. Great gun! It was a stepping stone to my latest which I got strictly for target and emphasis on home defense 

12 gauge, shoots 2 3/4 or 3" and four five round magazines.

20201127_213145.jpg

They had a rock island version of that called the bull pup. I just cant get over how goofy they looked. The vr60 just looks like any .223 ar and then it really blows people away when it shoots 12 gauge lol. Just picked up a 9 round mag for my vr80. Went through and cleaned and lubed it and polished the feed ramp. Shes ready for the 100 round box i got to feed through her. I also found out today that its a limited edition rural king exclusive gun. So picking it up for 540.00 is looking like even a better deal now. If you look real close at my picture the safety says "pew" and "no pew" lol. Got a big kick out of that. Cuz this gun does anything but pew.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

They had a rock island version of that called the bull pup. I just cant get over how goofy they looked. The vr60 just looks like any .223 ar and then it really blows people away when it shoots 12 gauge lol. Just picked up a 9 round mag for it. Went through and cleaned and lubed it and polished the feed ramp. Shes ready for the 100 round box i got to feed through her. I also found out today that its a limited edition rural king exclusive gun. So picking it up for 540.00 is looking like even a better deal now. If you look real close at my picture the safety says "pew" and "no pew" lol. Got a big kick out of that. Cuz this gun does anything but pew.

Great gun and you can't beat that price. I like the bullpup for home defense, easy to sweep corners and narrow doors without having to drop the barrel as much as a traditional long gun, but at the range I prefer to keep the action a little more away from my ears and face. Lol 

The one I posted is a ATI Bulldog, can be found retailing for $499.

• Like 2