Akunin

Firearms

Not looking for a political debate. Just looking to see what everyone has.

Hunting

Heirlooms

Self defense

Let's see them! 

• Like 1

I'll have to edit with pics. I'm not partial to just any one brand, I like a variety. but we grew up with a few around the farm. A couple shot guns, .22's and some .308's.

My last purchase was a long time coming, wanted this one for awhile- IWI Tavor X-95 .223/5.56. It's a bullpup I bought for target shooting and home defense.

Next might be the Springfield Hellcat, looks like a pretty sharp little gun. 

These kind of threads can sometimes cause issues...

I'll leave it here for now, if it gets heated in anyway it will be deleted, I hope you understand my reasons. 

Feel free to PM me though, I'm more than happy to explain further 🙂

Oh, we should be able to share our other tools/toys without any issues. I happen to have a few myself. I don't know if I have any pics if my favorites but here are a couple of the kids plinking (targets are out far enough the tables are not an issue). 

IMG_20160501_171517545.jpg

IMG_20150927_102838612.jpg

• Like 9

I have several rifles and several pistols. the rifles are hunting and work and the pistols well all work.

I have 2 guns. One for conceal carry. Other for home defense. Dont have a picture of the home defense. But lets put it this way if someone enters my home with me here and threatens me or my family they will meet something like a war zone lol. I have a masterpiece arms mp-30. Chambered in 9mm. Uses glock magazines and i have a full drum or 2 or 3 lol. It also has a 350 lumin strobe light on it. A silencer and a red dot. LoL. Like i said war zone haha.

My carry firearm is a ruger lcp 2. 380 i do have a picture of that. It has only left my side 3 times since having my ccw. Every single one was to fly in an airplane.

20161226_220654.jpg

• Like 3

my everyday carry in the winter is a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm. my summer carry is a Glock 42 in 380, carry both IWB. sorry no pics. Home defense is a  short barreled Remington 870 with 00 buckshot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

I’ll play... all this plus some handguns!

697890A3-4EC2-4016-82F5-013E06889567.jpeg

Man that's a nice collection.My 2 favorites you have are bottom left and top right like those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wall hanger here. Found it digging in a fence post years ago. Cleaned it up just enough and let it be what it is. I think it would actually function if needed. 

20191219_213526.jpg

20191219_213637.jpg

• Like 7

Well I have a Savage model 11 .308,Savage 6.5 Creedmoor,CZ .22 semi-automatic mag.and a couple handguns.

• Like 2

after my house was broken into, and mine and my dads guns were stolen ( yes..i knew who did it, but can not prove it ! ), I dont even have any pic's of them, but I do know what all I had !, rem 12ga semi auto, rem 30-06, 742 woods master that my dad paid 30 something bucks for from a air base wayyyyyy back, PRICELESS TO ME!! , marlin 22, and mine,,,marlin 30-30 that was passed down to me from my grand father. needless to say, they are all gone, and has yet to be found to this day ( sigh&cry ). so, today I own another marlin 30-30 ( I fav the marlin 30-30's ! ) I traded a '04 trx350fm rancher for it, and as soon as I did this, I did two things, bought a gun safe, and lined my house with security camera's !. here is my marlin 30-30 that I traded for.

marlin 30-30, ser# 01030971, bushnell scope 002.JPG

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, riverc said:

Man that's a nice collection.My 2 favorites you have are bottom left and top right like those.

Thanks.

Bottom left is my Marlin SBL .45-70 with Happy Trigger, Bear Proof Ejector, Wolf Hammer Spring & Aluminum Follower. 

Top right is my freshly completed Rem 700 7mm mag. Magpul Stock & box mag, Timney Teigger set at 2.5lbs.

• Like 1

I also have a small collection of, IMO, nice Smith & Wesson revolvers here are a couple. A 22 Outdoorsman from 1939 un-fired after leaving the factory, a 44 Magnum from late 1957 and a 4" 44 Magnum from early 1957. The last two pics are stocks  that I have made for a K-22 out of road kill elk antlers and some american black Walnut for a model 27. 

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1236.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Wall hanger here. Found it digging in a fence post years ago. Cleaned it up just enough and let it be what it is. I think it would actually function if needed. 

20191219_213637.jpg

Have that gun . . . . called a 'rat gun'.  Yours is missing part of the trigger guard.  The barrel is sheet metal tube with a rifled insert.  

well, I don't tend to post pic's of my guns, heck don't even have many of most

as I well, have a LOT of em

had a gun shop for yrs and collected a LOT from there, and cannot tell you how many folks have contacted me  when a loved one passed away and asked me to buy there collection off them, which REALLY added to the amount of things I have, as picking up 10-40 at a time, , things got a little out of hand.

the past 10 yrs or so, I think I sold about 200 or so, and still have way too many! LOL

I seem to have some I call safe queens I have a few safes  to boot) that were picked up more as collectible/investments and never shot, as well as a lot of things in doubles,, one for using, one for leaving new or?

I never seemed to have any one type I liked,  I like a lot of types, from old to new, from classic's to more modern,!

I was also a long time competitive shooter in about every class there was, my fav was Long range , but I dabbled in most types at one point or another!

was also a class III dealer, so got to enjoy a lot of them as well and there other devices!

I never found anything wrong with guns , its the people using them that can be a problem, but I never feel a gun or a type of gun(firearm) is a issue's

there just a  tool like anything else, used right they do what designed for, when used wrong, anything can happen

• Like 5

As I live in Ireland, firearms ownership for self defence is not permitted. The commonest firearms licenced here are shotguns for bird shooting and .22 rimfire rifles for small game. A lesser number of people have centrefire rifles for deer and fox shooting. Since 2008, no applications for short centrefire firearms ( pistols and revolvers) are accepted here.

My main firearm is a 1902 Cogswell and Harrison 12 bore side by side assisted opening boxlock ejector. Turbo and I also each have Lanbar over and under single trigger multichoke shotguns with adjustable comb raisers. 

Turbo has a Brno model1 .22 rimfire made in 1947, and I have a CZ 452 made in 2009. We use these for rabbit shooting.

I attach pictures of the Cogswell and the Brno. The Cogswell is now in better condition than it was when I took the attached pictures in 2015. It broke both of its firing pins in 2016 and when I had new ones made I had all of the metalwork reblued. 

1902Cogswell.JPG

Cogswell Rib.JPG

Cogswell.jpg

Brno Model1.jpg

1947BRNO Model1.JPG

Brno#1 proofmarks.jpg

Edited by Bluezulu49
Typo.
  • Like 8

oh my...that 12 bore Harris...!!!   very cool..  and I appreciate you sharing the gun laws status in your beautiful country.  I won't get into that, lest I get in trouble here for rabbitting down a political thread...but it is both a pleasure to see the older treasure guns and realize they are still in use, albeit out of necessity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bighanded said:

oh my...that 12 bore Harris...!!!   very cool..  and I appreciate you sharing the gun laws status in your beautiful country.  I won't get into that, lest I get in trouble here for rabbitting down a political thread...but it is both a pleasure to see the older treasure guns and realize they are still in use, albeit out of necessity.

We can get new guns ok. I use the Cogswell because I shoot better with it than with any other gun I have tried. Turbo uses the Brno for similar reasons.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluezulu49 said:

Turbo has a Brno model1 .22 rimfire made in 1947, and I have a CZ 452 made in 2009. We use these for rabbit shooting.

Brno Model1.jpg

Nice musket!  If you were in Canada you could try out your shooting skill on our western 'jackrabbits'  (snowshoe hare) . . . . they can run 45 kph and weigh 1.7 k.

Probably the toughest meat you could try to eat.  If ground-up they taste pretty good.  

Almost all of mine were lost in a tragic boating accident. Very unfortunate. 

Before that I did a little smallbore shooting, and Dad did a lot of pistol shooting when he was in the Army.

Did shoot down some mistletoe this weekend with the kids

41B795DB-B8E7-4089-A306-47C01F873C75.jpeg

802B98D5-5B3B-452D-A030-336993918EFC.jpeg

Edited by jeepwm69
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I have a few older .22's and you'd be surprised how accurate they are compared to a lot of the so called NEW one's made today

here is a 1930's savage Model 5

513.JPG

• Like 4

Very nice . . . . looks somewhat similar to our Model 60 Cooey firearms from Coburg, Ontario.  Later bought out by Winchester.

An older El Paso Weaver ?