Akunin

Firearms

15 minutes ago, Macarena Man said:

Very nice . . . . looks somewhat similar to our Model 60 Cooey firearms from Coburg, Ontario.  Later bought out by Winchester.

An older El Paso Weaver ?

yes it has a older age correct weaver scope on it, and the scope is like brand new clear and all LOL
 which you don;t find often anymore!  on these old one's!

and it also has    the original scope mounts made for it, they only made them with checkering for 4 yrs, 1936-1939 if memory is correct yet!

and then her is another older shotgun, this is from I think about 1914, a Rem, model 10 ,, 12 ga bore

rem model 10 010.JPG

rem model 10 001.JPG

Edited by mrbb
  • Like 6

and another older shotgun LOL

here is a nice pretty clean Ithaca Lefever grade A  12 ga as well

from  1940

I think I have a bunch of pre war guns like these, just a few I have pic's handy

last few yrs I think I sold about 50+ or so, all before the 1940 age mark

and still selling some more LOL

lefever shotgun 004.JPG

lefever shotgun 008.JPG

• Like 7

Winchester peaked in the late 50’s. Their 22’s (52, 61, 62, 63, 69, 72) from that era are unmatched.

Remington 5-teens are nice too. So are the 12 and 121 pumps

Marlin 39A is the nicest lever RF, IMHO.

Anything made in the mid- 20th century beats the rough plastic and cheap designs of today.

8 minutes ago, mrbb said:

and another older shotgun LOL

here is a nice pretty clean Ithaca Lefever grade A  12 ga as well

from  1940

I think I have a bunch of pre war guns like these, just a few I have pic's handy

last few yrs I think I sold about 50+ or so, all before the 1940 age mark

and still selling some more LOL

lefever shotgun 004.JPG

lefever shotgun 008.JPG

Beautiful 

Jeep, I can agree with you some of the older win's were pretty accurate rifles in .22's
 but I shot a few things better , all the more so when I get into the .22 mags
 my old Mossberg Chuckmaster 640 , was and is amazing for how old  and how many rounds down the barrel, it out shoots all my newer one's

as for lever guns, well, I have/had a few
 here are two I just let go of  to a fellow down south( Louisiana)
last month!

one was a Old Marlin 336, (30/30)from 1949, second yr production and the other is a older Marlin 1889, from 1890, second yr gun as well
 never shot either to say how accurate they were however, but are classic guns in my eye's and I love aged wood on them, and all the more so, I knew the whole story on both of them, the 1889 was bought by a friends grandfather NEW< and he bought the 336 new himself in 1949
 which to me adds value to things as honestly these days, these old guns,  most times have been sold several times over, so finding them from original owners is getting hard to do!, or just finding the old owners still alive to tell the stories of them

sorry not a great pic of the 30/30, but was pretty darn clean for the age! new owner is very happy with both of them and a shotgun he took off my hands as well

a beretta 687 ultra light deluxe, also a  low produced gun, but of modern times, or late 90's any how
 more likely one I rill regret letting go over a lot of the others I sold recently! LOL
 as they are almost impossible to find, and this was like new in box yet, not a mark on it, yet  used on a  few great hunts out west
also used it on the first hunt with my last dog and his last hunt , but  cannot keep em all!

gun pic's 002.JPG

marlin 1949 021.JPG

beretta 687 ultra light 032.JPG

beretta 687 ultra light 065.JPG

beretta 687 ultra light 067.JPG

beretta 687 ultra light 025.JPG

019.JPG

059.JPG

• Like 9

Marlin has gone downhill, along with Remington after Cerberus ran them into the ground. Love the older JM marked Marlins!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Marlin has gone downhill, along with Remington after Cerberus ran them into the ground. Love the older JM marked Marlins!

well remington owns marlin now LOL

and I sort of agree, but they both still do make some nice one 's yet

very few gun makers still make guns of the same high quality bluing and wood as they used to in normal lines, now its all custom shop over priced , for what your getting as to what they did yrs back IMO!

I'm just glad we don;t have boat loads of made in chine cheap junk flooding stores, like we do with all other sorts of things from ATV parts, to carbs to cheap knock off everything!

so I can at least say I am glad the firearms were DO get from other places tends to be of GOOD quality!

and hope it stays this way,!!

Some nice shootin' irons here guys! 

Have a pair of Savage 99's, and a pair of Winchester 94's . . . .

These are Cooey firearms. Pair of Model 60's and a Model 75 (26" barrel)

They're as Canadian as maple syrup!  I think everyone owned one at one time.

Decent shooters.

IMG_1539.JPG

• Like 7

On 12/23/2019 at 4:56 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Almost all of mine were lost in a tragic boating accident. Very unfortunate. 

Before that I did a little smallbore shooting, and Dad did a lot of pistol shooting when he was in the Army.

Did shoot down some mistletoe this weekend with the kids

41B795DB-B8E7-4089-A306-47C01F873C75.jpeg

802B98D5-5B3B-452D-A030-336993918EFC.jpeg

I shot an arrow into the air...it fell to earth....on my neighbors Nissan  (LOL)

On 12/23/2019 at 7:41 PM, jeepwm69 said:

I've read online about people claiming this... My one Marlin & Remington are fantastic shooters! Keep in mind I guess that I've modified both... but the quality of both were great & accuracy was good prior... 

I've only owned 1 Marlin in the past that was made after the merge that I personally wasn't happy with accuracy.. I sold the rifle to a guy at work, & he LOVES it.. go figure...

9 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

I've read online about people claiming this... My one Marlin & Remington are fantastic shooters! Keep in mind I guess that I've modified both... but the quality of both were great & accuracy was good prior... 

I've only owned 1 Marlin in the past that was made after the merge that I personally wasn't happy with accuracy.. I sold the rifle to a guy at work, & he LOVES it.. go figure...

I wouldn't say that ALL of them are bad, just a much better chance that you'll get a bad one.  https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-rant-forum/

Remington is definitely worse post-Dupont days.  They still go bang, most of the time, but the materials, fit, and finish have gone way down.  Same with the Remlins.

I've seen some that looked ok with a cursory glance, but I've also seen a lot that should never have left the factory, and wouldn't have before the Cerberus acquisitions.

• Like 1

Nice guns guy’s!  I love the Browning Citori’s. I have 5 of them.  I compete with most of them in Skeet, Trap & 5 stand. I have a Citori XT For Trap, a XS for skeet both in 12ga and a 725 sporting in 20 ga for skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays. For small bore competition I have a 28ga Citori 525 Upland Special that is number 22 of 100 total ever made. This is the prettiest gun of the bunch, it has 5 pheasants Total on the receiver all in gold. For upland hunting mostly pheasant I have a Lightning Feather 2 barrel set combo that has 20ga & 28ga barrels.  The first picture is my Ruger 10-22 that I customized my self, the only thing that is from the original gun is the receiver. 

7DA3FFBE-CA30-4232-BA4A-69FB47A1B1C1.jpeg

291ECDE0-8063-458B-8223-D9C95C0F6AF3.jpeg

AA11EF97-70DA-4FEA-9834-997BE1841D4B.jpeg

69B136BA-C03E-4AF5-8D4D-6EFA9631B2FB.jpeg

4B1CAFE5-2A85-462F-B82F-92E5F75CFC87.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

01RUBY500 is that a Richards stock or Boyds on that 10/22?

Neither, It’s a Fajen stock. 

• Like 2

my favorite to throw on my 300 and take with me is a New England Handi-rifle 223 caliber with a Nikon buck masters scope on it, and my glock on my hip

• Like 1

2308AED0-8322-4038-8A6D-5514D4667099.jpegA couple of bear guns usually ride along, although not at the same time. A Ruger Alaskan 44 mag. A Marlin 45-70 Trapper. A couple of rifles for hunting both Winchester Mod 70s one in 375 H&H, one in 30-06. A couple of auto-pistolas 1911 45 and a 22 Mag. One 1100 Rem Mag 12 gauge. These are the ones I can talk about...

spacer.pngspacer.png

673AC918-443E-48DD-A4CD-52706B9C03D4.jpeg

Edited by Nanook
  • Like 4

I usually take my Kimber Raptor with me as my carry gun. Or if I need more horse power I take my 44 mag S&W 629 in a chest holster. 

49DA17A3-6174-407F-B56F-AE29C6DBBE6D.jpeg

AE3FCC37-E672-4668-BAFD-C888CFE84435.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macarena Man said:

Nanook . . .  is your Model 70 / .375 an older pre USRA model?  Blue / wood?

I have 5 Model 70's . . . . 

blue/nice wood ‘Alaskan’ maybe 5 years old? Fabrique National... The Alaskan had the longer barrel as opposed to the ‘Safari’ and the forward sling attach is on the stock not the barrel. You probably know that already...

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 8:18 AM, jeepwm69 said:

I wouldn't say that ALL of them are bad, just a much better chance that you'll get a bad one.  https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-rant-forum/

Remington is definitely worse post-Dupont days.  They still go bang, most of the time, but the materials, fit, and finish have gone way down.  Same with the Remlins.

I've seen some that looked ok with a cursory glance, but I've also seen a lot that should never have left the factory, and wouldn't have before the Cerberus acquisitions.

The newer Rem versions of Marlins are looking and working fine. I don’t remember the dates now that Remington took over? But the ones from the last few years have been top notch. It was the first 6 months that Rem took over Marlin, where they had QC problems. The Marlin I have now, which is a 2018 model (I think), works better/smoother than the Marlin I bought 20 years ago!

i got an H&R Topper 20 ga., full choke,  when i was 14. a few years later my cousin convinced me it wernt worth much. he were like that.. i sold it to him for $20.oo. what a liar.. E got me again later, before i realized this.. we will never be even in this life.. business, aint just business.. i can hold a grudge. though that shotgun be a single shot, i still liked it. rabbits, 1 in the barrel, 2 in the hand. i been hunting with the Partner model, similar, though not quite. still a single shot 20ga. doves, i can get off two shots, score two doves, never got past the 3rd shot.

always something strange going on, when i am involved, perhaps gremlins. i could not shoot a squirrel, with the Partner model. 4 shots to kill a red squirrel. i can not get this out of my memory. a red squirrel, on the side of a tree, bout eye level., fussing at me. the scull cap was missing. i could see the brains/brain., the 4rth., shot killed him. it was depressing, for me, no doubt for the squirrel.

not the 1st. time.. something about that gun, and squirrel's.. that single shot, didnt fair well with rabbits. just leave some fur.

i know ya think it was me. my other guns worked quite well though. i'm telling though, its some king of spirit thing.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:03 PM, mrbb said:

Jeep, I can agree with you some of the older win's were pretty accurate rifles in .22's
 but I shot a few things better , all the more so when I get into the .22 mags
 my old Mossberg Chuckmaster 640 , was and is amazing for how old  and how many rounds down the barrel, it out shoots all my newer one's

as for lever guns, well, I have/had a few
 here are two I just let go of  to a fellow down south( Louisiana)
last month!

one was a Old Marlin 336, (30/30)from 1949, second yr production and the other is a older Marlin 1889, from 1890, second yr gun as well
 never shot either to say how accurate they were however, but are classic guns in my eye's and I love aged wood on them, and all the more so, I knew the whole story on both of them, the 1889 was bought by a friends grandfather NEW< and he bought the 336 new himself in 1949
 which to me adds value to things as honestly these days, these old guns,  most times have been sold several times over, so finding them from original owners is getting hard to do!, or just finding the old owners still alive to tell the stories of them

sorry not a great pic of the 30/30, but was pretty darn clean for the age! new owner is very happy with both of them and a shotgun he took off my hands as well

a beretta 687 ultra light deluxe, also a  low produced gun, but of modern times, or late 90's any how
 more likely one I rill regret letting go over a lot of the others I sold recently! LOL
 as they are almost impossible to find, and this was like new in box yet, not a mark on it, yet  used on a  few great hunts out west
also used it on the first hunt with my last dog and his last hunt , but  cannot keep em all!

gun pic's 002.JPG

marlin 1949 021.JPG

beretta 687 ultra light 032.JPG

beretta 687 ultra light 065.JPG

beretta 687 ultra light 067.JPG

beretta 687 ultra light 025.JPG

019.JPG

059.JPG

the color of that stock?? still trying to think of what kind of wood it is. bought a flattop guitar, ibanez., made in china. the wood is pretty. the sound it plays, i've yet to make up for it.. that gun stock, could be walnut,.. i seen white walnut, mixed with dark, some trees cut down, around here.

not by me. the in-law has no discrimination., lives next door,.. 2 sets of rules. his rules, an his rules..

sorry to get carried away, been a long 3 days.

01Ruby500 , that is a fine 10R22 ... 

I have a 10R22 Ruger , it is a fun gun to shot  , have some 10 and 30 round magazines  and a 100 round barrel , laser pointer under the barrel and a scope on top --- only thing about for me is I need to shot premium bullets or it will get hung up  , seems that cheap shells don't have enough kick to full eject the spent casing sometimes ------  Any of you'll with 10R22s have that problem , wonder if the gun smith could fine tune it for me , as I have a wheel barrow of low volacity .22 shells 

• Like 1