Akunin

Firearms

8 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Time to round up a shot gun for the house

that's the favored for in home pertection for a few people around here, including myself, 12 gauge rounds have been replenished here, plus better chance of hitting the target with a shotgun blast with less chance of a strey bullet striking a inoscent neighbor, or there house. 

• Like 2

870 super mag ? that's what i have, i love that gun! the rest of my guns stay locked in the gun safe, had a neighbor a while back who was on a trip, and was cleaned out, soo i don't talk too much about what guns i have pistols, rifles, and especially the antique models, i have ammo for all, but where i get my ammo, usually it's just too expensive to stock up much, (for now)  but 12 gauge shells are very plentiful here again.

• Like 1

my grandfather had an 8 gauge, i was too young to recall much, he ended up trading (with boot) for a 20, and 16 gauge both semi auto, those i have, but sure would like to have his 8 gauge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's the favored for in home pertection for a few people around here, including myself, 12 gauge rounds have been replenished here, plus better chance of hitting the target with a shotgun blast with less chance of a strey bullet striking a inoscent neighbor, or there house. 

Agreed.  We have a shorter barrel one here.  I'll probably get my own but my wife's home defense is the 12 gauge and her single-stack .380.

• Like 1

I've read several times the favored is a short 870, i had one at one time, and like free flyer (idiot me) sold it, the one i have now is a tad longer, I'd like to have a super mag shorty. like i had before, i know the guy who i sold it to, chances are he'd never sell it back, but he also lives in a rental property we own, so, i haven't pushed it, he's always been a great renter, and those are hard to come by this day in time, so... I'll just chalk that up to a good deal. 

Just bought 100rds 00 Buck & 10 slugs. $130. 

Taking my UTS-15 (favorite.12gauge) & MH-12 Double Barrel Pump, (plus 4 more guns) hog hunting next week. Hope the new MH-12 works as good as it looks! 

09DA9CA5-95E4-423D-A16C-2E8D44D6CF2A.jpeg

6A5F3333-B754-4D1C-A5D8-4145EE49E5FD.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, WonderMonkey said:

Agreed.  We have a shorter barrel one here.  I'll probably get my own but my wife's home defense is the 12 gauge and her single-stack .380.

My wife's standard response to any emergency is to panic, completely lose her mind and scream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PROV said:

My wife's standard response to any emergency is to panic, completely lose her mind and scream.

My wife can be a screamer too , sometimes , if you catch my drift >>>  LOL 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Taking my UTS-15 (favorite.12gauge) & MH-12 Double Barrel Pump, (plus 4 more guns) hog hunting next week. Hope the new MH-12 works as good as it looks! 

i bit more high tech then what i have, i reckon I'm just the old schook type, but a very impressive collection, anytime you wish to take a trip down south, I'm sure the people here would enjoy having the wild hog population thinned out. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wheeler said:

How's your supply of primers?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

How's your supply of primers?

my personal supply is very well stocked, along with powder for now. I haven’t been out & about scouting for any in a while... 

@_Wilson_™ be nice if they ever reopen the border!!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

my personal supply is very well stocked, along with powder for now. I haven’t been out & about scouting for any in a while... 

@_Wilson_™ be nice if they ever reopen the border!!

I don't know if I'll claim very well stocked but I have enough components to reload another 6k on hand.  Pretty well balanced but since primers aren't available at anything near a reasonable cost, my shooting has been bulk 22 and the pellet guns here lately.  

I figure when I die one kid gets the vacation condo on the beach and the other gets my reloading supplies.   May have to add the convertible to the condo to even things out.

• Like 1

Ok, well I can’t reload 6k rds but for my shooting requirements I’m good until next spring. I “mainly” reload for just hunting, but do target shoot/practice in the summer while camping. The .22s get shot lots i. The summer. 7mm just for dial in & refresher before the fall hunt. 45-70 gets shot more than 7mm. Camp bear Defense, Annual Hog hunt, & general practice. Just live the SBL!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i bit more high tech then what i have, i reckon I'm just the old schook type, but a very impressive collection, anytime you wish to take a trip down south, I'm sure the people here would enjoy having the wild hog population thinned out. 

That would be a hoot. Got quite a few around?

• Like 1

oh yeah Prov, plenty, too dang many, there mostly in the northern part of Maury county, but have been spotted less then a mile from  where i live now, so there advancing further south, i haven't seen any signs on this place as of yet. 

• Like 2

Friday a buddy of mine called to say Academy had the most and best selection of ammo he as seen there in a long time , that I should get over there and get some before it was all gone  ----- so I went and sure enough they had a lot and all kinds of stuff I have not seen in the stores for a while , 562 and  223 in 200 round boxes  , 45 , 44 , 22mag , 357 , 9mm , and the prices were ok with me , 50 box of CCI 9mm FMJ for $17.99 a box , limit 2 boxes , so I got 2 boxes of 9s ------ I was going to go back and get some more till this happened 

the place was packed with people mostly buying bullets as the word must have gotten out , there are 10 cash out lanes and 5 were open with 6-8 people in each line , the guy ahead of me was paying with cash and the cashier asked him for his drivers license and she scanned it , so I pulled my license  out and got it ready , when it was my turn I gave the lady my drivers license and debt card , she didn't even look at the license and said she didn't need it was I was using a debt card ----about 3 hours later I get an alert from my bank saying my account was locked for suspicious activity and to call the bank asap , so I thought it was a scam at first , I called the bank and sure enough my account was locked , talked with a representative and she asked if I made a purchase at Academy and I said yes , so she lifted the block 

maybe I am a conspiracy thought type , but it sure seems weird to me how that went down  ---- they never had ammo like that in a long time , major traffic on sales and now they ask for and scan a drivers license on a cash sale , now the guy a head of me that was asked for his license was older , no way could he have been mistake for some one too young to buy ammo --- then my account getting locked for buying ammo , hmmm , maybe  it is a  who is buying ammo thing going on 

• Like 2

wow..interesting shopping experience Fish...thanks for the update.

Don't know that this current panic will be over for a long while yet, but I'm good, so I've just not bothered to join in the panic party shopping and I'm sure not in the mood to dish out 3 times the $ for ammo when there's a lifetimes worth here on hand.

the Academy etc big box stores here remain empty, the local gun shop has started doing consignment sales...they literally are selling ammo for customers and taking a %, just like they have always done on used firearms.  but 9mm range junk at 80cents a round?.. nothing I need.

• Like 2

Hasn't loosened up here either.   I did start reloading again.  The neighbor was complaining about missing out on some 223 so I dropped off two boxes of 50.  Last night dropped off a box of 22-250 and this morning he walloped two dirt pigs at 200yds.  

• Like 3