Akunin

Firearms

6 hours ago, 01RUBY500 said:

After I got out of college back in the 70’s I bought a Weatherby Mark XXII semi auto.22, it was a beautiful little gun. I sold it after about 10 years maybe longer, they were out of production by then, because it jammed too much for my liking, maybe why they stopped making them. Used the money to by a Ruger 10/22 that I still have and have tricked out. Wish I still had the Weatherby it might be worth something today and maybe it was fixable by a good gunsmith. 
Anyway here is the tack-driver Ruger. 

2430CC5A-ECFC-4DAB-9C27-BABF83712E9C.jpeg

purty!  curious as to how far out that bull barrel can go before the round itself becomes innarcurate?  my standard 10/22s tend to really open up beyond about 65 yards..and with ammo these days, I'm tempted to upgrade the barrel on one of mine to get at least some 100yd enjoyment, which is the minimum I start at with 556 and of course much further when shooting larger cal. But these days, I tend to stick to 22 for backyard fun...so, how tight is it beyond 50yds?

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Looks like Xiden is fixing to use the 2nd Amendment as toilet paper.  I suggest getting anything you want now.  Dark times ahead for gun owners in this country, and our country as a whole.

yep...the noise from DC isn't helping to ease the market pressure...nothing available before today anyway..and what is out there is at a cost I simply don't need to pay....just frustrating to see this happening.

I have one brace system that looks like it will get caught up in the new decisions if they actually go through...other tools won't be impacted until Congress can get to specific weapons, characteristics...but  I know it's coming.

doesn't change that fact that there simply isn't anything to buy today if I wanted to.

14 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

yep...the noise from DC isn't helping to ease the market pressure...nothing available before today anyway..and what is out there is at a cost I simply don't need to pay....just frustrating to see this happening.

I have one brace system that looks like it will get caught up in the new decisions if they actually go through...other tools won't be impacted until Congress can get to specific weapons, characteristics...but  I know it's coming.

doesn't change that fact that there simply isn't anything to buy today if I wanted to.

I'd rather be able to buy it at a high price, than to not be able to buy it at all. 

That said, with a few exceptions, not much out there I want.  I've always kinda wanted a Winchester 72 (tube fed repeater version of the 47) and maybe a 38/357 lever.  Gave my FIL a Henry 38/357 lever for Christmas last year.  Nice but I'm not a fan of the brass receiver and I prefer a pistol grip like the Marlin 336 over a straight grip on a lever, and that leaves me with only very expensive options.

Neither of those will be up for any law changes during this round of 2nd Amendment attacks, but anyone with a brain knows it won't stop till they've taken them all.

22 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

I have one brace system that looks like it will get caught up in the new decisions if they actually go through..

This is what's sickening......having something that has been declared legal, and that people have gone out and purchased, and that have ZERO to do with function (much like a flash hider, or a bayonet lug) yet some bureaucrat suddenly has an arbitrary decision that they should suddenly be illegal, so thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens are suddenly placed in a situation where they are either forced to surrender their property or become criminals.

I'm slowly making my way through this book.  I consider myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to shooting, but this one has really been eye-opening on how gov has slowly eroded the 2nd Amendment over the years. 

https://billstclair.com/Unintended-Consequences.pdf

I was able to get 100rds of 9mm at our fleet store at regular pricing today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PROV said:

I was able to get 100rds of 9mm at our fleet store at regular pricing today.

Go buy a lottery ticket.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Go buy a lottery ticket.

My local Rural King doesn't jack up the prices....or so they say.  It's hard to prove since their shelves are always empty.🤨

My biggest concern is 22 birdshot.  Carpenter Bee season is upon us and I never got to place my pre season order of 200 rounds.  I'm pretty sure there's about a hundred rds here but living in a log home it's a life or death situation 😳😉

Sometimes I resort to a bee swatter.

20210408_154833.jpg

Edited by 56Sierra
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Go buy a lottery ticket.

BAAAHAAAA! No Joke,  No 9 mm around here for the last 3 1/2 months. I  take that back one of the pawn shops had  3 boxes of 100 rounds for $225.00 per box 2 weeks ago, was in there today saw it was gone. Guy said someone came in and bought all 3 boxes, insane!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

10/22's are cheap, reliable, and have more aftermarket support than just about anything out there.  I was lucky and found some on clearance last year at Walmart for $124.  Got one for each of the kids.  I picked up a takedown for myself, which is perfect for ATV riding.  Broken down in the bag it straps to the front rack with no overhang.

Better get you some BX25's while you can.  Scum in DC are going to try to ban "high capacity" magazines again, and this time there won't be a sunset clause.

yep...every household should have a 10/22..simple and simply work.

couple years back in anticipation of said gun/magazine capacity bans, etc, I made sure I got some BX25 and 15s for ours as well.  22 is about the only thing seeing range time right now..in fact I am doing an informal gun class this Saturday for close friends (daughter and wife) that want to get better. They are running 9m so we will be sure to do some work on their own platforms, but much of the target/trigger/move n shoot, etc skills will be done first on 22 and then a lot less redone on 9mm. They've only got a few boxes of range ammo to their name and I'm only planning to share a limited amount from my inventory. I'm good here for the zombie end of world stuff..and what I have will long outlive me, but I do expect this dry spell to be a lot longer than the last ones.

I plan on saving a bullet for myself. If things ever completely melted down it wouldn't even be worth hanging around. Preppers are delaying the inevitable. 😬

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

What a dufus.

That is a shame , when the President of the USA  can't even spell ATF

The way I see him , he is a  con artist , a crook and a puppet who is controlled by the ones he is in debt to  , he is not all there in his mind and body ,  clearly unfit to be President ---- I don't see him lasting thru the 4 year term nor do I foresee the Country lasting 4 years of him and his wrecking crew 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would guess they are dumping all the ARs cheap before they get  banded , my friend bought one yesterday brand new for $600 even , plus shipping and the local firearm  dealer's $25 charge to register , I think that was a very decent price , I called to try and get one  , but they were already sold out ---- here is the real kicker , he got the gun , but no bullets , LOL 

Before this all started an AR carbine could be found for $399. and lowers for $39.  Brownells had a retro with 20" 1/12 twist barrell, green furniture and no forward assist for $900.  I wish I'd bought one but took my pennies and bought my wife her own TRX300FW. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Before this all started an AR carbine could be found for $399. and lowers for $39.  Brownells had a retro with 20" 1/12 twist barrell, green furniture and no forward assist for $900.  I wish I'd bought one but took my pennies and bought my wife her own TRX300FW. 

That's a tuff pick , a  Honda 300 4wd or a AR !!!  The two things closest to my heart ----  hmmmm 

• Like 1

So explain to me why does someone need a 100 round clip for a gun, I hunt up here in Canada, but I usually only take one shot to take down an animal, I have a 10 shot clip and barely empty them unless I'm after a pack of 4 or 5 coyotes,  but newsmax says that you folks need them in America to shoot down drones....? I just can't understand,  what good is a 100 round clip for other than killing lots of people in group settings or in a war...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

That is a shame , when the President of the USA  can't even spell ATF

The way I see him , he is a  con artist , a crook and a puppet who is controlled by the ones he is in debt to  , he is not all there in his mind and body ,  clearly unfit to be President ---- I don't see him lasting thru the 4 year term nor do I foresee the Country lasting 4 years of him and his wrecking crew 

I saw trump as a grifter and sex predator 10 years ago, him and Matt G from Florida... another fine republican

I know a lot of people who hunt with ARs , but think it is only for practice and that is their weapon of choice --- you don't need to have an AR to take animals , but like politicians in the past have said , " define " animals  ----   ARs are for personal protection 

1 minute ago, TBRider said:

I saw trump as a grifter and sex predator 10 years ago, him and Matt G from Florida... another fine republican

Being that you are not in the USA or an American , I would guess you don't understand , we used to be under the control of the same people who control your country , we had a war about that , which the 2nd Amendment came out of --- things have been fine the way they have been going for over 200+ years , wonder why they want to change that now , they are giving more rights to the criminals and taking rights away from others to protect them selves from the criminals ---- very few people are killed with ARs  , hand guns lead the list  ---- if you take away the guns from law biding citizens , then the only people that will have guns are the criminals 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Being that you are not in the USA or an American , I would guess you don't understand , we used to be under the control of the same people who control your country , we had a war about that , which the 2nd Amendment came out of --- things have been fine the way they have been going for over 200+ years , wonder why they want to change that now , they are giving more rights to the criminals and taking rights away from others to protect them selves from the criminals ---- very few people are killed with ARs  , hand guns lead the list  ---- if you take away the guns from law biding citizens , then the only people that will have guns are the criminals 

Those people are long time dead and they had muskets

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

I don't think we want to go there here ^^^  I find it typical of someone to be in a conversation on one topic and stray away to things with no bearing on the conversation at hand , I call that snowflaking , LOL 

Just now, Fishfiles said:

I don't think we want to go there here ^^^  I find it typical of someone to be in a conversation on one topic and stay away to things with no bearing on the conversation at hand , I call that snowflaking , LOL 

You were mentioning a current president,  I mentioned the former preditor in office snowflake.....

My opinion the reason for the 2A is two fold.   To have a large group of citizens that could be called upon to defend the country and to install checks and balances to prevent a tyrannical government such as the one the founders were at that time were trying to distance themselves.  I also believe the first and second Ammendment go hand in hand.

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, TBRider said:

So explain to me why does someone need a 100 round clip for a gun, I hunt up here in Canada, but I usually only take one shot to take down an animal, I have a 10 shot clip and barely empty them unless I'm after a pack of 4 or 5 coyotes,  but newsmax says that you folks need them in America to shoot down drones....? I just can't understand,  what good is a 100 round clip for other than killing lots of people in group settings or in a war...

I agree with you but also will never condemn one for wanting a large capacity magazine.  Furthermore I'll never condemn anyone for any difference of opinion whether it be religion,  political views or any other reason.  Where I do draw a strong line is when someone attempts to force their views on me and limiting my freedoms.  It's probably safe to say the vast majority of the members here if not all feel very similar to their freedoms being whittled away.

• Like 6