Akunin

Firearms

8 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

What PW loader do you have?  Dad has a 375 (which is still in the box, of course).  I have an old Pacific 266 and a couple of 155's.

I have the 800 Plus. I bought it 5 years ago and I have loaded 16,650 shells through it according to the counter on it. I can do 28ga, 20ga, and 12ga with it. That’s the greatest feature of the 800 Plus, the ability to do multiple gauges. I bought it set up for 12ga and about a year later I bought the 20 & 28 ga kits, it takes about 10 minutes to switch gauges. 
I have wore out 3 Mec loaders, last one was a Grabber, so I figured it was time to buy a loader that would last me the rest of my life. I have friends that shoot as much as I do and they have been using P/W loaders for 30-40 years 

Edited by 01RUBY500
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, 01RUBY500 said:

I have the 800 Plus. I bought it 5 years ago and I have loaded 16,650 shells through it according to the counter on it. I can do 28ga, 20ga, and 12ga with it. That’s the greatest feature of the 800 Plus, the ability to do multiple gauges. I bought it set up for 12ga and about a year later I bought the 20 & 28 ga kits, it takes about 10 minutes to switch gauges. 
I have wore out 3 Mec loaders, last one was a Grabber, so I figured it was time to buy a loader that would last me the rest of my life. I have friends that shoot as much as I do and they have been using P/W loaders for 30-40 years 

16,650 is a lot of shell  ------  sounds like what my buddies shot on their last trip dove hunting in Argentina 

• Like 1

This pic is not my buddies , just to give an idea of how much shooting goes on with a Argentina dove hunt 

image.png

16 hours ago, 01RUBY500 said:

Those 800's are nice.  Dad had 12 and 20 gauge to set up on one toolhead for his 375, and he picked me up a set of 16 gauge dies when I started shooting a 16 as a teenager.  I bought a spare toolhead not too long ago and will likely get 410 dies at some point, although I doubt I load a lot of 410.  I just figure as long as I have 1/2 of a toolhead I might as well set it up for something I have. 

Don't have a 28.  They're sweet shooting little guns, but haven't ever picked one up.

I grew up loading on a Pacific 266 that belonged to a friend's grandfather.  Not a very fast machine, but a really simple, durable, well thought out single stage.  I found one on ebay a few months ago that was priced right and picked it up.  I'll probably set it up for 12 ga 3" loads so I load duck loads on it.  He had a 366 too, that was a nice progressive, but we weren't smart or patient enough to get it set up right, so we usually loaded on the 266.

Never thought much of the MEC loaders.   They work, but always looked almost disposable to me compared to the old 266 and 366 I learned on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

This pic is not my buddies , just to give an idea of how much shooting goes on with a Argentina dove hunt 

image.png

That's about what it takes for me to get a limit of doves........

• Haha 1

This is my Browning Citori 525, 28ga…it’s 1 of 100, they only made 100 of them and this one #22 of that 100 special edition. I only use it for skeet. I tried selling it this past winter but idiots around here only wanted to pay what you can get any used Citori 28ga for  image.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, LedFTed said:

Whats it sell for?

I was asking $2900. Has adjustable comb and screw in chokes 
image.jpeg

• Like 3

Just picked up a new Keltec Sub 2000. In the mail now. Mcarbo is surely gonna be getting a large order shortly… I can’t keep anything un modified. 

F14D9A82-85C4-4510-9C0F-75A8987CC231.png

• Like 2

made this investment 2 christmas's ago.

Flux Defense MP17.

it meant purchasing the Sig M17, the flux brace system, the Delta optics and a Streamlight.

also meant buying a fist full of spare 21rd mags and a couple cases of 9mm, since my primary pistol cal has always been 45 for my 1911s.

no regrets at having gotten into this incredible system

the market has started to calm down a bit and last month I was able to grab the Sig M18 as the sidearm to this rig, so the mags are common.

Over the weekend a buddy brought over a gun that he wants to sell , it was his Dad's gun , he never fired it as he doesn't even know what caliper it is  , there is no name on the gun of manufacturer , lots of numbers and letters , no caliper marking ,  it is bolt action , the wood of the stock goes all the way to the end of the barrel , 5 shot bottom load mag , forward sight is a fold up with an adjustable sliding sight , one of my buddy's who is pretty knowledgeable with guns says it is a 303 British rifle --- I can buy this gun for $200 , is it worth any thing ?? 

This pic is not the actual gun , the stock has been cut to that metal ban on top and bottom of the barrel , exposing the barrel , would think that hurt the value 

image.png

It Looks Like Missouri Hit a Nerve with Bold Move to Void Federal Gun Laws, Biden's DOJ Now Warning That Agents Will Do Their Duty

https://www.westernjournal.com/looks-like-missouri-hit-nerve-bold-move-void-federal-gun-laws-bidens-doj-now-warning-agents-will-duty/

There are numerous federal violations of our Constitution in the above article. States rights & laws trump all federal laws amongst the other obvious violations. These quotes are both true:

"Free people do not ask for permission to exercise their rights."

"Free people do not ask for permission to keep and bear arms."

And so is this one equally true:

"The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer." -- Henry Kissinger

16 minutes ago, retro said:

"The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer." -- Henry Kissinger

Guess news  like this is why they want to pack the supreme court so bad  ! 

The Marines have a similar saying , " the difficult takes a while , the impossible just a little longer " 

• Like 1

The people possess all authority. We are the supreme authority. Governments, neither state nor federal can take away any of our rights, because none of our rights were granted to any of us by them.

14 hours ago, retro said:

It Looks Like Missouri Hit a Nerve with Bold Move to Void Federal Gun Laws, Biden's DOJ Now Warning That Agents Will Do Their Duty

https://www.westernjournal.com/looks-like-missouri-hit-nerve-bold-move-void-federal-gun-laws-bidens-doj-now-warning-agents-will-duty/

There are numerous federal violations of our Constitution in the above article. States rights & laws trump all federal laws amongst the other obvious violations. These quotes are both true:

"Free people do not ask for permission to exercise their rights."

"Free people do not ask for permission to keep and bear arms."

Very interesting that sanctuary cities and weed are "states' rights" but when it comes to something specifically listed in the Bill of Rights, the left goes nuts and the feds say states' rights don't matter.

The problem, of course, for the feds is they simply don't have the manpower to enforce nationwide without the aid of local LEO.

They will, of course, go in and make examples of people to attempt to rule by fear.  Kansas passed a similar bill, and a man there was still arrested by feds and charged for having an unregistered suppressor.  They can pick one of here and there, but without the aid of local LEO, it will be an uphill battle for them and they'll be spread thin.

Arkansas had a decent version of this bill, but our statist pos governor asa hutchinson vetoed it, so a very watered down version passed.  The original would have penalized state and local LEO for enforcing fed gun laws passed after Jan 1, 2021.  The watered down version removed that penalty, among other key components, pretty much making the bill nothing but a dog and pony show.

What we need are state and local LEO ARRESTING feds for attempting to enforce unconstitutional laws.  The feds regulate interstate commerce.  If a firearm is made in a particular state and does not leave that state there is no interstate commerce and the feds have no jurisdiction in the matter.

21 hours ago, retro said:

The people possess all authority. We are the supreme authority. Governments, neither state nor federal can take away any of our rights, because none of our rights were granted to any of us by them.

They have been chiseling away at freedoms and liberties for a long time now , they find a way to take them away , either by legislature of laws ,  regulations , in the name of safety ,  etc , etc 

Got my muzzle brake & bolt buffer installed today. New Midwest Industries optic mount with Vortex Sparc Solar Red dot. New recoil less bolt Handel in mail. Wicked lil bug out bag gun.  

B460922E-EB88-46EB-A6F1-921A20B45C01.jpeg

3A14F08C-6C17-47DE-B239-31FE851A0521.jpeg

1D4F2AE2-98C3-4F4A-BCF7-FFEB61C1B086.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is an article about the start of gun control , bet this executive order is going to be miss used , no doubt --- also read gun dealer have only one chance , if they do any thing wrong they will loose their license and be put out of business , I have no faith that they won't be set up , by sending in a patsy to make a transaction that will put them out of business ---- guns don't kill people , people kill people 

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/crime/president-biden-creates-plan-to-put-an-end-to-gun-violence/289-d9a9a2f8-eae3-48ef-9116-8b7c27ca57f0

what about joe's son buying of a gun and lying on the form , another one of the many things sweep under the rug by the biden administration 

• Like 2