Akunin

Firearms

On 3/28/2020 at 8:01 PM, 01RUBY500 said:

This is what I found on their website 

image.png

yep...they aint' cheap...and they have really been slow out the gate on fulfillment...but it is such a comtemporary product...it's the first to truly leverage the modular design of these current Sig stiker fire module pistols. The holster works well, albeit that much rig with 40rds on your belt...needs a solid duty belt... I have a thick 5.11 belt and it rides well on there..and when I say 'ride'  I mean I take it out on my property when I'm on my Fourtrax...it sits really well..and I have the Safarieland quick detach system.  

I scored this thing in time for Christmas last year and there's about 900 rds through it with the help of family/friends who just grin the minute they get hands on it.  there'd be that much through it again, but with the virus mode, I'm a bit hybernated on my range fun right now with only about 3,500 rds of 9mm on hand for it...9mm hasn't been my main pistol platform over the years (I'm a 45 guy), so it used to be that I'd keep 600-800 rds of 9 on hand for my wife's M&P  but when i got into the Sig I had to ramp up..and fortunately I had managed to get it up to at least that 4k level beffore this panic hit.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:57 PM, 01RUBY500 said:

I have had similar experience with this cheap junk ammo you mentioned. 

wally world is still selling this type of ammo, and its still made by winchester and its apparently still jamming guns. go to know, cause i was going to take my gun to a gun-shop. i forgot where i put it, and its a 92S. locked up in my locked toolbox.

Edited by LedFTed

I'm not that familiar with the Berettas... have never owned one..I'd be curious if they put the heavier springs in it..the military tends to run hefty springs in the Sigs...and they use 124gr +P basically ...civilian models not so much, but your older "Pre-M9"  might just be a hefty.  anyway.. I'm surprised you are still finding 9mm in Walmart?  I thought they stopped selling it and other pistol and 223 stuff?  I haven't looked.. I usually got better deals elsewhere anyway.  For a long while I was able to get our area Cabellas to price match Palmetto State armory..so when they'd have PSA sales, I'd head to Cabellas..many many boxes bought that way over the years..on occassion I'd go ahead and get good deals direct from PSA..ie back in January, just before this virus stuff blew up, PSA had thei CCI factory 9mm 115 brass, 1000 rds for $169 with free shipping and CCI also had rebates...that same "deal" today is $310, no free shipping, no rebates..and that's when you can find it in stock...so I'm really really happpy to have done my shopping during calm markets over the past couple years.  The blazer brass in 115 and 124 runs good for me, as does the Federal in both weights.  I also got some of the Sig brand M17 124 +P as that's the actual matchup to my Sig.. but I honestly don't think the zombies are gonna care which round I poke their eyes out with...long as it reliably goes bang each time I pull the trigger.. I'm happy.

• Like 2

I've shot a ton of WWB over the years.  Never had a problem with it. 

I bought a lot when Wallyworld stopped selling pistol ammo and they marked it way down.🤓

I bought myself a Glock 43x for my 40th birthday last year since I finally got my concealed lisecnse. My hunting rifle of choice is a Winchester model 70 .270.  Really love this gun.  Bought an 1187 12 gauge a few years back since my ol reliable 870 pump was my only other shotgun at the time. I inherited my granddaddys double barrell Montgomery Ward 12 gauge after he passed away. It's the first shotgun I ever shot. Got others in the safe, but  nothing special .

@SlammedRanger how do you like the LCP 380? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

I bought myself a Glock 43x for my 40th birthday last year since I finally got my concealed lisecnse. My hunting rifle of choice is a Winchester model 70 .270.  Really love this gun.  Bought an 1187 12 gauge a few years back since my ol reliable 870 pump was my only other shotgun at the time. I inherited my granddaddys double barrell Montgomery Ward 12 gauge after he passed away. It's the first shotgun I ever shot. Got others in the safe, but  nothing special .

@SlammedRanger how do you like the LCP 380? 

I love my lcp. It is the LCP 2. Which has a trigger pull like a striker fired gun instead of a true double action. The regular lcp is very hard to shoot accurately. I have put around 3000 rounds through my lcp 2 and its been great. It has only been out of my pocket 2 times since i got my ccw (3 years ago) and that was when i was on a plane.

24 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

I love my lcp. It is the LCP 2. Which has a trigger pull like a striker fired gun instead of a true double action. The regular lcp is very hard to shoot accurately. I have put around 3000 rounds through my lcp 2 and its been great. It has only been out of my pocket 2 times since i got my ccw (3 years ago) and that was when i was on a plane.

Awesome. I thought the 43x would be small enough to carry but it is a little bulky for me. I see those Rugers in the gun cases and they seem to be a lot more compact.

Yeah i couldnt even comfortably conceal a lc9s. I took my test with it and it stuck out way to much on me. The little lcp with a pocket catch holster was the only option for me. It looks and feels like i carry two phones. The holster is a must IMO. Covers the trigger so you dont shoot your leg on accident. I also carry with it chambered though so for those who dont its not a big deal. My theory is if i have to chamber it, at that point im shot. I want to be ready to fire if it comes out of my pocket.

• Like 2

I've shot just about every 9mm load out there and my Beretta 92 FS Inox from about 1999 and my 2 year old Shield eat everything without a hiccup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bighanded said:

I'm not that familiar with the Berettas... have never owned one..I'd be curious if they put the heavier springs in it..the military tends to run hefty springs in the Sigs...and they use 124gr +P basically ...civilian models not so much, but your older "Pre-M9"  might just be a hefty.  anyway.. I'm surprised you are still finding 9mm in Walmart?  I thought they stopped selling it and other pistol and 223 stuff?  I haven't looked.. I usually got better deals elsewhere anyway.  For a long while I was able to get our area Cabellas to price match Palmetto State armory..so when they'd have PSA sales, I'd head to Cabellas..many many boxes bought that way over the years..on occassion I'd go ahead and get good deals direct from PSA..ie back in January, just before this virus stuff blew up, PSA had thei CCI factory 9mm 115 brass, 1000 rds for $169 with free shipping and CCI also had rebates...that same "deal" today is $310, no free shipping, no rebates..and that's when you can find it in stock...so I'm really really happpy to have done my shopping during calm markets over the past couple years.  The blazer brass in 115 and 124 runs good for me, as does the Federal in both weights.  I also got some of the Sig brand M17 124 +P as that's the actual matchup to my Sig.. but I honestly don't think the zombies are gonna care which round I poke their eyes out with...long as it reliably goes bang each time I pull the trigger.. I'm happy.

i lied, though not with purpose. i have memory problems, especially short term, 1 second to a couple of years. the ammo was bought on line, definitely winchester. looking at a box right now to get the correct spelling. the same boxes the wally sold is more like it., i been shopping at Natchezss.com to get a few things. i got to find out if 92s takes special ammo to work.  parabellum i'd like to know what ammo is recommended . gun has fixed sights. by the time you would look through a sight, it wouldn't matter. i just point an shoot. use 1 hand. shots ring true enough. gun shoots straighter than i can with a sight. ya get a bit wobbly in your old age. i think it weighs about a pound.   

Not mine but wanted to share.

Toys.jpg

Toys.jpg

Edited by m_quick
  • Like 2

Bighanded: is that MP17 configured the way you have it considered an SBR?

18 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I've shot a ton of WWB over the years.  Never had a problem with it. 

I bought a lot when Wallyworld stopped selling pistol ammo and they marked it way down.🤓

yeah Jeep...see, if I was talking just of my experience with my old Duty S&W 4006..then I'd say the same thing..the big heavey boat anchor will cycle everything..and I mean it will even cycle CCI snake shot..try that with most semi-autos..not gonna happen...so I was very surprised and perplexed when my kimber and springfield ultras were having problems...but tighter tolerance guns, short frame, heavier springs, etc...the wally world stuff just doesn't work in them..yes it runs fine in my full size 1911 springer, etc...so I'm just sharing what i found to be the case across my particular guns...if it works in yours..that's great..and good to know that folks know what their particular firearm can or can't eat reliably.

1 minute ago, Bighanded said:

yeah Jeep...see, if I was talking just of my experience with my old Duty S&W 4006..then I'd say the same thing..the big heavey boat anchor will cycle everything..and I mean it will even cycle CCI snake shot..try that with most semi-autos..not gonna happen...so I was very surprised and perplexed when my kimber and springfield ultras were having problems...but tighter tolerance guns, short frame, heavier springs, etc...the wally world stuff just doesn't work in them..yes it runs fine in my full size 1911 springer, etc...so I'm just sharing what i found to be the case across my particular guns...if it works in yours..that's great..and good to know that folks know what their particular firearm can or can't eat reliably.

Now that you say that, my 9mm's consist of an old Ruger P85 (it's like a brick, shaped into a gun, but eats EVERYTHING and never jams) and an early 70's Series Colt 1911.

So I guess maybe that's why I've never had problems with the WWB.

14 hours ago, shrade said:

Bighanded: is that MP17 configured the way you have it considered an SBR?

mine was sold as a 'pistol brace'  albeit Flux did not apply for, nor do they have "a letter".. I think there's only one manufacturer with one particular platform that does actually have a letter for their PDW model.

Flux offers two formats..one they readily acknowledge as an SBR and sell it as such, the other, is a brace and it really comes down to the design of the end of the extension arm..the 'brace' is crafted /shaped in such a way that it implies a forearm wraparound..their SBR is more substantial in side, straight, and obviously meant to be shouldered...the rest of the platform kinda dances with the whole SBR characteristics..ie, the "not a foreend" grip...which like some other manufacturers is just there as a spare mag holder and is not straight up n down , like you would see for an add--on to an AR15pistol type platform.

then length of the extendable stock, etc..there are a number of elements that comprise the Feds decision on SBR...and just to avoid confusion from an LEO who might want to detain and hold until ATF can clarify, i simply made a choice that this unit never leaves my property..just keeps things simpler...if we ever get to that zombie-pocyclypse..then it'll be good to have, but as I'm not in the professional protection biz, there's not a real reason to carry it...if I can't solve a personal defense situation on the street with my 7rds of 45 in a compact 1911, then it means I'm having a real bad day anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Now that you say that, my 9mm's consist of an old Ruger P85 (it's like a brick, shaped into a gun, but eats EVERYTHING and never jams) and an early 70's Series Colt 1911.

So I guess maybe that's why I've never had problems with the WWB.

yep.. I've always said that my old duty smith would try to eat rocks if I fed it to it...it's not the most accurate pistol by far, but it sure is reliable and that's what the departments wanted from smith back in the day...as long as you could put em in center of mass , and multiple different holes is real life...not 1 MOA, but minute of man accuracy...as long as it went bang everytime you pulled the trigger.

and I'll take part of the blame as well...that is my only 40cal platform, and every bad trigger habit I have seems to be magnified by the strong/snappy recoil of 40cal... I just do better with that big thud of slow ol 45acp.

in fact the only reason I even got into 9mm for myself was I wanted to have at least one pistol that had capacity to it...and I'd be edging into politics to state why I felt I wanted to buy a higher capacity pistol..when I had never felt my entire life that I needed it...but when folks started telling us that we shouldn't be allowed to have em...well.. I went shopping.

The extend family unit had long settled into 9mm.. my wife has an M&P compact which has an extended to 17rds, one of my daughters has the same gun, my son and 3 soninlaws all shoot 9mm in various platforms...everything from H&K to the new lil Sig 365 to Smith stuff.. so there seems to always be 9mm around.

I got into the M17 after doing some homework and have been pleased with it..one of the better strikerfired triggers.. I like the gun as a pistol..not a carry gun, it's a full size duty sidearm for sure, but it was intended to live in the grab n go "battle bag" for that day that likely will never come (he says in the midst of global pandemic...LOL)

it was me doing homework about it that came across the youttubes of the Flux system and it woke me up to the value of the new modular design concept that our Army wanted...when guys on youtube like Honest Outlaw did his review..yeah.. I was sold..and I took some time to email and actually call and make friends with the guys at Flux..and they made it happen for me so that Santa could put it under my christmas tree...lots of folks are still waiting on theirs....I already had the Delta optics and the Streamlight, so it was easy to make the package complete.  

I have owned a music concert company for 16 years so late night loadouts, etc, we all carry...but cargo shorts, and a tucked in polo logo shirt can make it really hard to "dress" around a larger carry gun..so my Always gun has long been my 1989 colt Mustang 380..it lives in a Desantis zipper pouch that is little larger than a cell phone PDA size..it doesn't scream "gun"  and I've hung out back stage nose to nose with many an LEO during our concerts and they never take a second glance at it...again it's basically a 1911 functional platform in terms of it's manual of arms.  when its' date nigth with the wife and dinner and a movie are on tap, then I dress up with my kimber ultra..that puts me back into 45acp but keeps me in a 3inch platform still.. I have made myself run the LEO qual with this shorty...the theory is..qual with what you carry..so instead of the long sight radius of a duty gun, you have to make it happen with your shorty...and I consistenly come in top 80-85% on score with it...less so with the lil mustang, but that's not a gun I want to engage in a street fight at 40feet anyway.

I'm probably saying too much here...I need to lurk back over to a gun forum and focus on my hondas here..sorry...but it is an area I really enjoy...appreciate ya'll...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bighanded said:

so my Always gun has long been my 1989 colt Mustang 380..it lives in a Desantis zipper pouch that is little larger than a cell phone PDA size..it doesn't scream "gun"  and I've hung out back stage nose to nose with many an LEO during our concerts and they never take a second glance at it...again it's basically a 1911 functional platform in terms of it's manual of arms.

Colt 1908.....

would a new spring help the 92s, i know it cant hurt. just an opinion might help me. i was owed some money, not likely to get it back, so i got this 92s, with a shoulder holster, + 2 clips, gun on 1side, 2clip holders on the other. you could carry 46 rounds if loaded. 15 round clips.

gun, fit's in my pocket well, handle hangs out.

Edited by LedFTed
;~}

21 hours ago, LedFTed said:

would a new spring help the 92s, i know it cant hurt. just an opinion might help me. i was owed some money, not likely to get it back, so i got this 92s, with a shoulder holster, + 2 clips, gun on 1side, 2clip holders on the other. you could carry 46 rounds if loaded. 15 round clips.

gun, fit's in my pocket well, handle hangs out.

Hate to get picky and no offense intended but they are called magazines - NOT clips. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought a smith&wesson MP 40cal. It was one of the worst pistol I ever owned. I couldn’t hit a bull in the butt at 10 yards. Smith& Wesson makes good firearms. I got a lemon and left a sour taste in my mouth. So I bought a Sig p250 40 cal and a Sig p226 9mm. Both are very accurate. 

24BF8CC9-4A2B-45B7-B4BA-CFF37E20BF6F.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PROV said:

Hate to get picky and no offense intended but they are called magazines - NOT clips. 

no offense taken. 🙂 we been calling them mags, magazines, and clips, long as i remember, mostly clip's.😀

• Confused 1

let me give you a example:

when i was younger, i'd borrow my dad's 22. it were a Marlin., 60 i believe, an held about 17 round's. it didnt have a scope, but was accurate. i could shoot the lips off a buzzard, at 50 yards, and i got a blind spot in my shooting eye.

my sister has that gun.

i traded a guy for a remington 22' 597. it holds a 10 clip round. i aint zeroed it in, yet. been debating on a 30 clip round.

ah, aint never been proper. too late to start now. 🙃

Edited by LedFTed
just because
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On December 19, 2019 at 9:33 PM, shrade said:

my everyday carry in the winter is a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm. my summer carry is a Glock 42 in 380, carry both IWB. sorry no pics. Home defense is a  short barreled Remington 870 with 00 buckshot. 

I might post pics of my other guns but for now, home defense 10 4 on the 870 mines a super mag .... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3