Akunin

Firearms

Anyone on the hunt for a cheap bench shooting rest? Here is a Caldwell Rock Deluxe shooting rest and Rear Bag combo for $77.99, free shipping, no tax to my state. The price looks like a typo since the Rock Deluxe rest alone is priced at $92.99. Soon find out... :-)

https://www.caldwellshooting.com/rests/shooting-rests/

shooting-rest.png

• Like 3

Caldwell makes some good products, looks like a pretty good deal!

So I've been searching high and low for a picatinny mount for a gopro session. The best I've found is (was?) made by Patch-me-up called the "sidekick"

anyone heard of it? I nknow the company went kaput but I'm still searching even for a used one. 

wow...was never aware of that...I wonder if the gopros can handle the recoil...and if so, which recoils...ie 22lr, vs 308.

I had started out years back with a real "gropro"...first trip to Fla's Rainbow river for some light duty diving...the case leaked...gopro of course won't warranty for that, but fortunately i had bought it through BestBuy and they had a no-questions-asked return policy..so i did...$400 worth.

few years later a family member intruduced me to a cheap chinese knockoff he had been using.. I figured for $40 that included the dive case and a pile of attachments, it was worth a try.

8 years later that camera is going strong...has made about 40 dives to depths of 110ft, many rides on the handlebars of my lil CT90 and quads.

have a second one in 4k now as well   paid a whoppinng $52 for it...ahh the days of made in china consumption...ok.. I'm rabbit holed as usual..sorry....anyway.. I'll keep a lookout for a pic mount for them now and let you know what I find...

ET

• Like 1

I always keep an eye out on craigslist or my wife does on the Facebook marketplace. I got two gopro hero 5 Sessions that were practically brand new and paid about $120 total. The 5 Session has image stabilization were the earlier models didn't.. huge difference!

As for recoil they handle it really well, I've had them on my .223 with no issues. Why some ask? Mostly for fun but I do like seeing how my target transition can be improved by watching them. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 10:22 AM, Bighanded said:

yep...original Epihones (before Gibson bought the name)  were excellent guitars and bring some $ for collectors.

once Gibson grabbed the name , they relegated it to being mostly gibson copies made in Malaysia via the Samick plant that also made many other brands in the same plant.

so guys that might not know, may have assumed you had a later model Epi and they weren't far off as to used value, but if it was a real deal, then , sorry that it's been lost to you.

As one of the larger collectors of vintage amps of certain brands in the country (I literaly led a national group of collectors and knew the original company owner, etc..)  I tended to find deals, swap n trade, and get good deals over the years, so by the time the gun for amp trade came my way, I was happy with the values of both items...but I did know what I had, what I had in it, what it should sell for, and how interested I was in owning the gun instead of the amp..so it was a decent trade.  But I've seen many folks through the years..or spouses, really loose out....my wife and kids know my amp collection hobby, have attended guitar shows, etc with me so they know the value of what is in my warehouse..so if I pass away unexpectedly, the wife will be able to pull some decent $ and call on several good friends in the collector group to help her get fair price for stuff and move it more quickly than an ebay thing.

As I approach retirement I'll continue to thin my collections out anyway...enough out there to buy a newer travel trailer and hit the road in better comfort than our old 26footer provides today.

I probably need to getr serious about selling my old 1979 honda CT90 too while it is still in great shape...but everytime I pull it out for a short rride, I remember how fun it is.

the epiphone & amp. were 64 model. coronet style 6 string. they didnt know it would be that valuable, [the one that talk me into selling it, and the one who bought it], i got clipped in the value at the time. the guy who talked me into selling, was a close friend, i didnt find out till much later his attitude on business.

it just business, applied to anyone. same thing with the shotgun. 😕 till that time, i thought you were suppose to be loyal to your friends.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Confused 1

image.png

New 9mm Gatling gun @ Jefferson Gun Outlet!  Accepts Glock magazines/ includes hitch mount @ $4,950!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 01RUBY500 said:

image.png

New 9mm Gatling gun @ Jefferson Gun Outlet!  Accepts Glock magazines/ includes hitch mount @ $4,950!

I'll take two🙄

What an age we live in lol...

I havent shot a gun in a long while, though i started out young. Currently still have the rifle my dad left me which is a 1908 WC 32 Special.

• Like 2

I have only 1 center fire rifle, Savage model 11 .30-06. The rest are all rimfire and a shotgun. The 2 old guns here, were family guns that went missing for a few years. I was determined to find them, and I did, up in the rafters of my grandmothers basement,rusted and neglected. I cleaned them up and they both function perfectly. The .22 is a 1935 Winchester Model 68. The other is a early 50’s Mossberg bolt action .410. 

61EC2B6B-938D-48BB-9001-B53C816D1548.jpeg

7CB72BA7-09B6-475A-BFC2-424A6F5A6A1E.jpeg

23952E78-2FF6-404B-8221-8C97E6F7E84C.jpeg

826C2D93-FFCE-49A4-BC3A-45E589FEFAE3.jpeg

04C3685F-D757-4FBC-B63F-E2BA6462786C.jpeg

• Like 5

proud owner of my brand new beretta 9m 92x compact,13+1, three 13 round mag's, case , two grip styles, cost was about $ 760.00. just picked it up monday.

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

• Like 8

That's pretty , Pedro made some fine guns ------  I have your guns little brother in 32 and the Taurus 9mm which is the same design made in Brazil 

18 minutes ago, shadetree said:

proud owner of my brand new beretta 9m 92x compact,13+1, three 13 round mag's, case , two grip styles, cost was about $ 760.00. just picked it up monday.

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

If I can make a suggestion, buy SEVERAL high capacity factory Beretta magazines.  When slezebag bill clinton passed his ban in 1994, magazine prices shot through the roof.  With an election coming up in November, who knows what will happen, so get them now while they're fairly cheap and available. 

• Like 1

I like pistols, unfortunately in Canada it's a real hassle to own one. Lol. I decided long ago it was not worth it. To own a handgun in canada, you have to have a Restricted firearms course(easy to get), and you also have to be part of a pistol club, being only allowed to use it in group settings with the club. Every time you transport a handgun, you have to notify the RCMP and tell them what you're carrying and where you're going and the route you are taking to get there-they call it Authorization for Transport. Coming down the pipe soon, is the "assault weapon ban". BTW, the Ruger Mini 14 Rancher semi-Auto is on the banned list. But, the SKS is not. Hard to make heads or tails about what's going on up here. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I like pistols, unfortunately in Canada it's a real hassle to own one. Lol. I decided long ago it was not worth it. To own a handgun in canada, you have to have a Restricted firearms course(easy to get), and you also have to be part of a pistol club, being only allowed to use it in group settings with the club. Every time you transport a handgun, you have to notify the RCMP and tell them what you're carrying and where you're going and the route you are taking to get there-they call it Authorization for Transport. Coming down the pipe soon, is the "assault weapon ban". BTW, the Ruger Mini 14 Rancher semi-Auto is on the banned list. But, the SKS is not. Hard to make heads or tails about what's going on up here. 

Is Canada still part of the British Empire ?   

I am glad we won that little skirmish with England back when ------  I think our right to bear arms is going to come into play real soon , could only imagine what would be going on right now if we were not armed , there would be a lot of neighborhood looting , think the anarchist know they will get shot quicker by a homeowner then a cop  

• Like 1

I dont believe we are part of the empire, maybe we are, the old c#nt in England is on our money so maybe we are. Lol

• Haha 1

I had been eyeing the Ruger LCP .380 for a while and now they are out everywhere I go. My 43x is just a little to bulky on me. 

I carry an M&P Shield mostly, a Beretta 92 sometimes and a Ruger GP100(.357) in the woods. Have a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag on order. Our outdoor range has a pistol range and a rifle range out to 300yds, someday will be 1000yds. I go regularly. Yearly dues are $30, senior rate over 60 is $18. Bargain. We also have an indoor clubhouse/range.

IMG_20200609_183703708.jpg

• Like 2

Shade , Pedro is actually Pietro :

"Pietro Beretta Gun Factory") is a privately held Italian firearms manufacturing company operating in several countries. Its firearms are used worldwide for a variety of civilian, law enforcement, and military purposes. Sporting arms account for three-quarters of sales; Beretta is also known for marketing shooting clothes and accessories. Founded in the 16th century, Beretta is the oldest active manufacturer of firearm components in the world.[1] In 1526 its inaugural product was arquebus barrels; by all accounts Beretta-made barrels equipped the Venetian fleet at the Battle of Lepanto in 1571.[2] Beretta has supplied weapons for every major European war since 1650.[3]

In 1974, a large contract for the Beretta 92 was issued by the Brazilian army, for which Beretta set up a factory in São Leopoldo, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. This factory was later sold to the Brazilian gunmaker Taurus (Forjas Taurus S/A) in 1980, after the contract had expired. Shortly thereafter, Taurus began using the original Beretta machinery to make their own pistols, which were a copy of the original Beretta 92 design, which was not being produced at that point. They did this without the need for a license and they also did not have to pay royalties, as the patents had since expired. [1]

@Dredd  u r not correct in contacting the RCMP. They changed that law years ago. My restricted PAL (Possession/Acquisition/License) allows me to travel anywhere in the Province to either a gun range, or gunsmith....no phone call required. 

Edited by Wheeler

Maybe it’s an Alberta thing.. I’m positive as I have a letter at home. I’ll try to dig it up when I get back next week..