Hey everyone. I currently have this 2003 Honda foreman trx 450 fm with front disc brake conversion kit on it. I’m trying to order some replacement calipers but a bit cheaper. Does anyone know if the mounting holes on this bike are the same as the 420 rancher or the 500 foreman? I see a lot of inexpensive calipers that fit those models. Please help. I want to order today. Tyia!

19 minutes ago, DLBeltran74 said:

Hey everyone. I currently have this 2003 Honda foreman trx 450 fm with front disc brake conversion kit on it. I’m trying to order some replacement calipers but a bit cheaper. Does anyone know if the mounting holes on this bike are the same as the 420 rancher or the 500 foreman? I see a lot of inexpensive calipers that fit those models. Please help. I want to order today. Tyia!

don't know of any aftermarket  source for calipers -------  and not sure if they are interchangable or not with OEM  ------     which kit do you have HighLifter or SuperATV , Highlifter has two pistons , SuperATV one 

I have the single piston wilwood brake caliper. One of the calipers is cracker where the hose connects to it. It’s $90+ to replace it. So I was looking for something cheaper. I’m not racing the quad and don’t ride it a whole lot. Just need some brakes from time to time. 

Edited by DLBeltran74

14 hours ago, DLBeltran74 said:

I have the single piston wilwood brake caliper. One of the calipers is cracker where the hose connects to it. It’s $90+ to replace it. So I was looking for something cheaper. I’m not racing the quad and don’t ride it a whole lot. Just need some brakes from time to time. 

From a quick look , $90 isn't that bad a price , I seen the Wilwood dual piston Highlifter caliper going for $109 plus $9.99 shipping  , you can get an entire Super ATV kit new for a tad over $200 ---- 

once whilst sitting round a campfire sipping shine , a wise old 4 wheeler Dude  told me , " Son , you want to run with the Big Dogs , you got to Pee with them too , or stay your puppy  butt on the porch and quit all the barking " LOL 

18 hours ago, DLBeltran74 said:

Wonder which kit that would be?  I know SuperATV said they would sell individual parts for their kits, but no idea what they'd charge.

If you could figure out who made the kit you could contact them and see, or is that where you go the $90 figure?

5 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Wonder which kit that would be?  I know SuperATV said they would sell individual parts for their kits, but no idea what they'd charge.

If you could figure out who made the kit you could contact them and see, or is that where you go the $90 figure?

The Wilwood calipers are out a HighLifter , Super ATV is Cha'i'na ----   Highlifter is China also now days , they try and hide it though ---   lol 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

The Wilwood calipers are out a HighLifter , Super ATV is Cha'i'na ----   Highlifter is China also now days , they try and hide it though ---   lol 

But I thought the HL calipers were dual piston?  Thus my question.  Never heard of a single piston Wilwood in a kit.  Maybe I dreamed that..

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

But I thought the HL calipers were dual piston?  Thus my question.  Never heard of a single piston Wilwood in a kit.  Maybe I dreamed that..

I am the drive-by this time around , he did write he had the Wilwood single piston , that threw me off , never knew there were kits that used them , all the SuperATV kits I have installed don't have a name on them and are single piston