Fishfiles

Landscape work

I put hangers on the sewer pipes , incase  the ground subsides  >>> put a layer of 6 mil Visqueen to acts as a condensation barrier --- I am not a framer as you can see , LOL >>>  

fullsizeoutput_1105.jpeg

wiOFbR2HTNeAvuqT69MY4g.jpg

Du8oSXvbR2iSeXbOCQMGFQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1104.jpeg

P1ytmdK1TTO87Rg%FJL%Gw.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I put hangers on the sewer pipes , incase  the ground subsides  >>> put a layer of 6 mil Visqueen to acts as a condensation barrier --- I am not a framer as you can see , LOL >>>  

fullsizeoutput_1105.jpeg

wiOFbR2HTNeAvuqT69MY4g.jpg

Du8oSXvbR2iSeXbOCQMGFQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1104.jpeg

P1ytmdK1TTO87Rg%FJL%Gw.jpg

It don't look bad it's only going to be an outhouse i wouldn't lose any sleep over how it looks.

• Like 1

Fish,  you're a better man than me.  5 gallon bucket and a blue tarp would be my plan.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Fish,  you're a better man than me.  5 gallon bucket and a blue tarp would be my plan.

haha..i've used the 5 gal bucket many times, i've learned to ruff it !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, shadetree said:

haha..i've used the 5 gal bucket many times, i've learned to ruff it !..lol.

I could see having  a party and someone drop a turd in the bucket !!! 🤮 LOL

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

You sound like my wife , she ain't liking the project --- 

* we have a party almost every weekend , we get a lot of people coming over , you get a crew of drinkers over and you know the drill , 5 in 1 out , then 1 for  1 after that , I can't imagine how  many gallons have been laid down over the 13 + years we been here , and the scary thing is the well is 400 ft down right where everyone goes , there is 2 acres here and 10s of thousand of acres beyond that and behind the pump shed is the spot --- I wonder if having a outside restroom will detour things , they will still be going behind the shed --- I need to get you over here --- do you eat boiled seafood ? And have a designated driver = LOL --- your just a hop away >>>  When I got married the 1st time , I made it from New Orleans to Mobile on the old Interstate -1982' ish in one hour and 25 minutes , in a 82 Corvette , had 7 minutes to spare , dang , if i would have been late , things might be different , LOL 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Lols! That's uptown ... Lol! Most here would settle for a bush deep in the woods... Crazy i tell ya.... 

• Like 2

Fish.... When are you going to stop tormenting mrs fish ? Lol! I know you said some was pay back for bike repairs but good grief dude...lol! I for see a bunch of great stories associated with new outhouse ... And yeah. Most likely some  with Saran Wrap involved.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Fish.... When are you going to stop tormenting mrs fish ? Lol! I know you said some was pay back for bike repairs but good grief dude...lol! I for see a bunch of great stories sccociated with new outhouse ... And yeah. Most likely some  with Saran Wrap involved.... 

She says she ain't using it and she ain't  cleaning it !!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

She says she ain't using it and she ain't  cleaning it !!!

hand her a 5 gal bucket then, say here...this is your toilet !..lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

hand her a 5 gal bucket then, say here...this is your toilet !..lol.

She was cleaning the bathrooms just a while ago , she is obsessed with a clean bathroom , the Queen of England would have taken a dump here without hesitation , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i been cleaning panels this morning , figure I need about 10 , got 73 in a pile , was going to be a fence at one time , and then a sp ( which I hope it will still be someday )  bought them a few years ago for $8 each ( 8ft 3in to 8ft 6in  cut offs ) , heard they are $25+ now days , not too fond of the white , but they are "free" for say and can be painted ,  down the line 

%li+zXJMQp+mOKXk%NCmCA.jpg

• Like 3

Ran into a supply chain wood issue

So I needed 15 1x4x8s to nail the tin onto roof and walls , everyone says "don't " screw the tin direct to treat wood or there will be a corrosion issue in the future ,  so the only 1x4s not treated  they have around here now is called millwork medium grade , $14.80 per 1x4x8 ft piece ---- other choice was to use 1x4x8 treated ( $4.20 per board ) and put a barrier between the wood and tin , so   got some Ice and Fire roofing material , which I have been told is the new requirement on new roof construction , required by insurance companies , it seals around the nail or screw 

So the treated boards were less then desired appearance wise , so  I sanded all 16 boards yesterday with a respiratory on , cause I heard that stuff is toxic ,  but it was worth it cause I would have had to look at the crap  and then again in the future , someone would say , look at this shabby work , LOL 

Got all the boards to screw the tin onto installed and put one piece of the corrosion blocker black Fire and Ice stuff , I had to staple that on , the self adhesive backing was not holding well on the wood 

About ready to hang some tin 

1qVYLtI4TH682+jRpBsRYw.jpg

YTVENmkoQSSRBU38kZ2LPw.jpg

O7EEXeo4SXmZynirnPhF6Q.jpg

• Like 3

It doesn't look shabby to me... I like it! You going to cover that window looking in from the rear ? I get the feeling your better half may have made comments about that besides the one about yaw guys clean yourselves ? Lol!

Yeah i believe arsenic is what it's treated with... Can't burn it here... Or if you do and it's reported in... Well it's bad maybe not as bad as burning tires and rubber which ALSO cant be burned...they nailed some kids parents today burning some scrap wood from a garage under construction... Anyways... I like how it's turning out! And yeah got some good advise on screwing that tin to treated wood, or least I've heard the same said here abouts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

You going to cover that window looking in from the rear ?

Funny you should ask about the window >>>  It is going to be covered with something , it is a frosted window as it is the guest  bathroom on the other side that window ----Would like to find a picture that will fit nicely over the window and look like a window --- it would be great if I can talk my buddy Mo's  brother in law Dave , who works for the movies for 40 years as a prop  painter , to paint a picture of a tropical water scene like it is looking thru a window  , Dave is unbelievable what he can do , he is beyond an artist , his garage/ workshop is something out a movie , both Dave's and Mo's work was on American Pickers when they went to Abita Springs , La 

If I had the extra denaros , I would use siding to match the pump house , but materials are so expensive ,  this project is over budget ,  

• Like 1

Hey now i like that idea..... Say he's got mad skills ? You got any samples you can toss up here ? That's  one hobby i never could do.... I recall back in school days friends would make really great drawing of the cars (classics) on the book covers... Just your average country boys... Dreaming of owning what all those rich kids did, ! Most of us had old beater pickups used over the years then handed down... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about... Funny thing is the girls mostly went for us country boys ... Lol they loved them old trucks.. Jeeps all kinds of aged vehicles, but we also .. Lived the country's life ... This pick right here says it all .... 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Lol.^^^^ >>>>>>.   I can’t draw a good stick man.  I was dreaming  ^^^^^ up above.  Lol Probably going to be a mirror covering that window.  Maybe put a decal of a pair of eyes on the mirror. Think it was Headman Headers maybe used them eye decals.  Or was it Hooker. Lol 

• Haha 1

Haha! That's  rich (a pair of eyes) .... Make. It even better. Floresnt or glow in the dark... I bet some people would sure notice ... Might even help with constipation Rolf! 

I said before ... Something bad wrong with us lol! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , love this stain job , Hmmmmm !!!

image.png

Thats just plain flat out beautiful! @Turbo Twister did that fancy table bet he'll like that forsure! 

• Like 2

I can't for the life of me remember what racing product uses these style eyes on the decal 

image.png

49 minutes ago, THH said:

Thrush?

Thrush was Woody woodpecker image.png

I think the eyes  were Hedman Headers' logo , but not sure , CRS isa MF, LOL 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I can't for the life of me remember what racing product uses these style eyes on the decal 

image.png

Moon!