Andy bauska

Hi yall, I'm Andy, and I am new round' here. I am 17, and I live in Washington state. That is my 1993 300, I really love this bike, and The Green Nos plastics I bought for it.

Edited by Andy bauska
  • Like 2

Hey Andy welcome to our forum!  Nice looking ride you have, give us some info on it if you want.  It may be kinda quiet around here this holiday weekend, but there will be a few around. 

9 minutes ago, Andy bauska said:

20210217_172018.jpgo

20210217_172018.jpg

So I bought this bike in the summer of 2020, and it was pretty rough, I paid 1050 dollars for it, and then it was mine. I bought new tires for it, powered coated rims, NOS plastics, and just did a full engine rebuild, and I will give you some pics. I am shopping for a 424, for a sane price.

20211105_163234.jpg

20211105_163241.jpg

Nice work Andy, sure looks alot different.  I can say good luck finding a cheap 424, they are around but rarely see a bargain....

welcome. 424's are around, but they will NOT come cheap, thats for sure !. last one i seen on ebay was selling for about 900 bucks, this was a few weeks ago.

I found a 1993 parts quad for 400 bucks, with a warn brand 424, I had the intention of buying it, but he sold it before I could get to it.

Hi Andy , welcome to the forum , have seen your post  on HondaATV ----   I think you might  like it here at  ATVhonda

It is going to be hard to find a 424 these days for a decent price , from what I been seeing , you could expect to pay $600-1000 for a used one now days  , shoot , you just linked a $1,200 unit  , that's the most I ever seen someone  asking for one ----

I would think the best bet  , find a cheap 300 beater and buy the whole atv to get  the 424 , swop the 424  to yours and your drive shaft to the donor ,  sell the donor atv  to recover your money  ---- 

Welding one together will work , they have been welding the 1st gen 300 424s  for a long time 

Welcome Andy.

Good looking TRX300FW ya got there.

424. If you can find one, then you have to work with the seller to find out what the “sane price” is. Same thing happens with vintage pieces like CDI, side covers, etc. 

if you want it and got to have it, and seller has it and wants to sell it—dang you’re halfway there! People often jack the price to get others interested and then start dropping to find the sale.
what’s it worth?
Keep watching it.  

send seller a pm; make an offer

The seller probably wants to buy some Christmas with the part money. 

Let Santa (your fam) know about it

Edited by Goober

Welcome Andy,

Good looking wheeler there, nice job!!

Thanks everyone, I really like my 300. I've thought about selling it and buying a foreman 450, and was wondering if you folks thought it was a good idea.

No , I have both the 300s and the 450s and I like the 300 better  , the 450 is not as stable , flips over easier ---- parts are  easier to find for the 300 and more aftermarket and custom parts available , the 300 is a much better atv , I could go on 

Ok, thanks for the info, I have little experience on a 450, and I liked it! But I have a lot of experience on a 300. My dad bought his new in 1991, so I grew up riding it, and now we have 4 lol. a 1990 (my brothers) a 1991 (my dads) a 1993 (mine) and another 1993 (my grandpas)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

No , I have both the 300s and the 450s and I like the 300 better  , the 450 is not as stable , flips over easier ---- parts are  easier to find for the 300 and more aftermarket and custom parts available , the 300 is a much better atv , I could go on 

i've had/road both the 300 and 450, parts for the 300 are headed to be none around here soon. parts for both the 300 and 450 are running neck an neck, as to which is better ?, they are both great atv's. i've had no issues with my 450 being unstable as you claim ?, maybe its because i don't ride like you ?. having owned my 450 for a few yrs now, i've had not one problem from mine as to date. as to which atv is better known ?, we all know the trx300fw was honda's top selling atv back in the day..and for good reason !. either atv is a great choice, i'd pick either one today..both are great machines in my book.

24 minutes ago, Andy bauska said:

Ok, thanks for the info, I have little experience on a 450, and I liked it! But I have a lot of experience on a 300. My dad bought his new in 1991, so I grew up riding it, and now we have 4 lol. a 1990 (my brothers) a 1991 (my dads) a 1993 (mine) and another 1993 (my grandpas)

don't be skeer'd of the trx450fm manual shift, great atv in my book. stay far away from the es models !.

Yeah, I don't want an ES. My brother was working on a 1999 S with traxlok for a guy, and the is the ideal combo in my book. Idk if I can find an es that is broken for a good deal? and just convert it to an S

37 minutes ago, Andy bauska said:

Yeah, I don't want an ES. My brother was working on a 1999 S with traxlok for a guy, and the is the ideal combo in my book. Idk if I can find an es that is broken for a good deal? and just convert it to an S

The 450 ES and S have different transmissions in them, so I’d stick to getting an S if you’re looking for a 450