Kibblesnbits

87 fourtrax 350, got lucky I think when the timing chain slipped, amazing it ever got so loose

What I do on my 300s , add floor boards then remove the heel guards , use pieces of aluminum angle iron to tie the rear and front fenders into the floor boards 

IMG_5109.JPG

19 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

What I do on my 300s , add floor boards then remove the heel guards , use pieces of aluminum angle iron to tie the rear and front fenders into the floor boards 

IMG_5109.JPG

Oh snap that looks sweet, not having footwells has been bothering me anyways, did you weld to the top of the footpeg? Cause I'd be down to fabricate my own from scratch honestly with some metal grate and half inch steel tubing.

39 minutes ago, Kibblesnbits said:

Oh snap that looks sweet, not having footwells has been bothering me anyways, did you weld to the top of the footpeg? Cause I'd be down to fabricate my own from scratch honestly with some metal grate and half inch steel tubing.

Those boards on that blue 300 are store bought and made by Savant , they use to cost about $100  and they are bolted to the foot pegs with thru bolts  and to  the frame tube with u-bolts -------   I have made some of my own , in fact I had a thread on them , these on my 450 I made out of 1" square tubing and my neighbor's old BBQ grill , LOL  

fullsizeoutput_68c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_170.jpeg

Awesome  I'm looking forward to making one,, this with the new tires is gunna look slick, after december Ill have all the time build but that xmas bonus is going strait to rubber and winch(old one i bolted on is ded). On a side note I was wondering about basic water proofing for deeper puddles, a modest snorkle or even a little shorter would be fine, my question is, what do you do about electrical? I only ever see talk about the snorkle and breather tubs for carb/diffs/crankcase and rad/fans sometimes, is electric already waterproof enough to submerge for short periods?

• Like 1

Dielectric grease in all the electrical connectors and especially the spark plug boot.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kibblesnbits said:

Awesome  I'm looking forward to making one,, this with the new tires is gunna look slick, after december Ill have all the time build but that xmas bonus is going strait to rubber and winch(old one i bolted on is ded). On a side note I was wondering about basic water proofing for deeper puddles, a modest snorkle or even a little shorter would be fine, my question is, what do you do about electrical? I only ever see talk about the snorkle and breather tubs for carb/diffs/crankcase and rad/fans sometimes, is electric already waterproof enough to submerge for short periods?

I have had some 350's with floorboards on them.  Think I have a frame in the shop with some welded on to the footpegs. 

Figure out what you want them to look like and have a local welder make you some. 

• Like 1

Had a few thru the years -its a great machine

yep a tank is good description- really smooth running and revving engine

That front differential is like something designed by NASA LOL

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Goober said:

Just keep in mind, the cheapest thing you can break is traction.

My concern with buying one in rough shape like the 86 fourtrax that supposedly runs and only needs tlc for 800 bucks after Christmas is getting a damaged diff or cv joint (right term??) in the front, but I ride it I suppose I'd notice it right? I'd think those would be the hardest parts to replace and mostly likey to get damage from negligence.

2 minutes ago, Kibblesnbits said:

My concern with buying one in rough shape like the 86 fourtrax that supposedly runs and only needs tlc for 800 bucks after Christmas is getting a damaged diff or cv joint (right term??) in the front, but I ride it I suppose I'd notice it right? I'd think those would be the hardest parts to replace and mostly likey to get damage from negligence.

Picture

Screenshot_20211218-161238_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211218-161455_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211218-161407_Chrome.jpg

It runs and has a battery? Oil and neutral lights work? Well $800 USD would be a little rich for me. At first blush I’d be closer to $600. Check steering while driving doesn’t make any knocking sounds or rattley cam chain sounds.

depends on your plan for it. Parts buggy? 

Edited by Goober