Fishfiles

Hobbies , Arts and Crafts

6 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Got myself into another hobby since winters are so long. You'd think I could find something cheap to do.  

This one is more expensive than the airplanes I have 😕.

But a lot of fun and can take it along without taking up much room. Wings take up a lot of space.  Been fun to add upgrades. Amazing how realistic it is when crawling slow, has locking front and rear differentials,  2 speed  transmission. High speed  setting it will lift the front end off the carpet and wheelie for 4 or 5 ft. Amazing traction even in and on snow.

Been fun to add upgrades and accessories. 

20230131_212847.jpg

20230131_213600.jpg

20230205_165420.jpg

20230205_165850.jpg

That is so cool!  The first picture had me scratching my head for more than a few seconds.   At first glance it looks like it's sitting on the floor instead of the tabletop.   It looks as big as a kitchen table in that perspective. 

I love the detail and understand why you don't want to go mudding with it.

I like the tow rope , looks like you made it from para-cord ! -----   The crate is cool , could that be balsa wood ? 

I still have a couple of R/C trucks , this one is a  Willis Jeep body that I stretched to fit a chassis of a sand racer , then I made a hitch for it , it pulls the boat well and is not afraid of the mud , LOL 

QTJ4+CANS0uF22Ac3Uhebg.jpg

PBG9AyTWRyWUcaoj+8sDnw.jpg

• Like 1

🙂 I did make the tow rope from paracord. The crate however I did not use balsa wood, I contemplated using balsa but in the end decided to go with Poplar, We are trimming out a house right now with paint grade wood and this was made from scraps from that. I ran it through the tablesaw to get ⅛" thick strips then, then ripped them to the width I wanted. I decided to go with the harder wood because if I rolled the thing over and that's up on top I think it would crush the Box and break it. It is unfortunately a little heavier so therefore adds some top weight to the center of gravity. I glued each of the planks together with with Elmer's wood then Took the strips and nailed them on with 23 gauge pin nails 3/4 inch long. I think that adds a little bit to the realism. They are about the diameter of a stick pin without the head maybe even smaller. It is a very sturdy little Box I think it will survive a roll over, Not that that would ever happen!🙄

That Jeep looks like an old RC Willie, There was a guy I knew 40 years ago that had one. He beat the crap out of that thing and it kept on going.

20230208_092631.jpg

• Like 2

That's sure some cool stuff. FF you need to build a crows nest on top of your house. Then you can sit in warmth and watch your hummer run around outside. You can also claim you have an electric vehicle now too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being most of us are completely crazy about pictures.... Can we see the under side ? I'd like to get an idea of what the drive train looks like.... Specaily the transfer case and front suspention...... I wouldn't at all say stupid.... Being you and your bro... Can spend more time together.... Id likely say well worth it!.... HOWEVER! ......You,and  him, need to get back to riding red! Lol!...... And you know i ain't never going to leave you alone about that fact.... Haha! 

Warmed to the mid 40s over the weekend,  snow settled then got hard. Almost hard enough for me to walk on top. Was able to cruise around during my lunch breaks and do a little trail blazing through the soft spots.

20230209_090123.jpg

20230210_080745.jpg

20230210_080758.jpg

Screenshot_20230210_082451_Gallery.jpg

20230210_083219.jpg

• Like 2

That's jut flat beautiful. Reminds me of paint a short story, but before i do, thank you for posting this it's brought back a very good time in my life, e tho i was with that head shaving wild red head.... Lol! .... Some how she became very intrested in wanting a telescope ... Had one picked out... I don't recall the price but not cheep as mobile telescopes go (I recon)  ? Anyways picked me to site the thing in... I admit i too was / am very intrested... But told her I've seen so much of the night sky running equiptment at night n very very early in the am ... When you take a break for a snack or couple hours of sleep, you see, and hear ? all kinds of things..i guess the oddest had to be when an owl ??landed on the exhaust weather cap, on a johndeere i was haying with, i had stopped ... For a break .... Layed. Back in the seat propped my feet up, n was gone to the world for about ?? 45-60 mins... When i woke... Flipped the cab lights on... All i saw was just a tad of feathers... Couple floating down ... Would have really enjoyed seeing more... I've seen hawk with a  snakes in flight coyotes hunting not too far off.... They do a dance (kinda) hunting mice in hay fields ... Wild turkeys, deer ( i won't even go there) people think deer are cute HA! Well maybe so, but dealing with a fawns mother is hazardous... (when trying to grt the fawn out of the path of a disk mower) Skunks possums, never a raccoon..... Bobcats, pumas dillas, rabbits... And black birds ...etc etc etc I can't say I've ever seen a black bird that wasn't afraid of much.... I've never seen one animal that hated semi truck side mirrors as much as a black bird, I'm talking about those that have the red splash on there inner wings.

.. It can become  rather mundane ... At times hours of riding whether planting tilling haying etc etc... Every once in a while.. You see a shooting star... Some so bright they light up the area just a tad... Now those type are very very rare.. (And unsuspecting to see something like that) very shocking... I've been thinking of a new hobby....  This ones going on that short list, thank you Serria this post is great as is.. Didnt need one more thing added IMO 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Playing around last night.  Both were taken through the eyepiece before dark.

PXL_20230526_001524937.jpg

PXL_20230526_002001547.jpg

I remember when I was a teenager my mom got me a telescope tried to get me into astrology but that was right about the time I learned about girls and I was more into a$$-triologyI 

• Haha 1

I might also add..... I used to go raccoon hunting with a highered hand i recon i had to be about 13..... Never could tell what would come up in convo, one night we were tracking, and he up as says its clouding up... Can't even see the little or Big Dipper ....then he asked had i ever seen them, i said no.... Anyways time went on the clouds blew out... And he then pointed them out to me, to this day each time i see the dippers it reminds me of a earlier time when life wasn't so complecated, least not like it is now....... I had to go to the city a few ago, while i was driving it came to me, i think her scope cost. Close to $200, no clue if that's high or low for a portable model... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I might also add..... I used to go raccoon hunting with a highered hand i recon i had to be about 13..... Never could tell what would come up in convo, one night we were tracking, and he up as says its clouding up... Can't even see the little or Big Dipper ....then he asked had i ever seen them, i said no.... Anyways time went on the clouds blew out... And he then pointed them out to me, to this day each time i see the dippers it reminds me of a earlier time when life wasn't so complecated, least not like it is now....... I had to go to the city a few ago, while i was driving it came to me, i think her scope cost. Close to $200, no clue if that's high or low for a portable model... 

At that price you get out of the toy telescopes and have something you can start to see things.  Beautiful day here with zero clouds, nice breeze and low humidity.  I'll set mine up tonight and try some long exposure shots through the eyepiece.

• Like 1

Here's one with two galaxies.  M81 & M82.   4 minutes exposure at around 23 power.  It was taken right after dark.  Clouds started covering as I was taking this picture.

PXL_20230527_021140596.NIGHT~2.jpg

• Like 1

Beautifull ! I can see them both plain as day..... My eyes aren't good as they used to (sorting that soon) do i maybe see a dipper, it's hard to make out...IMO this topic would make for a good thread on it's on... That's just me.....

On May 26, 2023 at 9:45 PM, 56Sierra said:

Here's one with two galaxies.  M81 & M82.   4 minutes exposure at around 23 power.  It was taken right after dark.  Clouds started covering as I was taking this picture.

PXL_20230527_021140596.NIGHT~2.jpg

I thought about whether or not to add this part, but as some here have heard, i messed with that girl all the time ..... So when i had the scope Sited in.....I said take a look your in for surprise, and being nether of us had ever had any experincece at all with a telescope....we both had cold ones sitting on the cab of an (my baby) 84 Lwb 4x4 5 speed sfa (straight front axle) toyota ... By the time she and got done talking an stuff, she looks in the scope says i don't see anything (the moon) now.... This is where i stepped closer to the edge. Lol! I said it was sited in! What knob did you turn, she says nether! (Laughing under my breath) i said well you did something to your new telescope, cause i saw the moon plain as day (no pun intended) .... She looks at me says .... Okay you fix it...i said hold on (pause sigh thinking to myself how the h--- am i going to get out of this one) i sited the scope back in... Take a look now... She never thought about the rotation having an effect.... Haha! .... But being that telescope was new to us both she never caught on i was intentionally messing with her .... So between siting the scope in talking and drinking the moon had time to move out of the scopes site.... Rofl. That time my hair was right where it was spose to be when i woke up the next day.... Sigh... Not like the other times i woke looking like a pool ball... 

• Haha 1

Had a good night with the scope.  Made some changes how it lines up with the north star and I'm happy with how accurate it is.  I'm still playing with the lowest power eyepiece but now that the objects I'm looking for are getting closer to the center it's time to start zooming in.  Anyway while doing a 4 minute time lapse, a Spirit Airlines A321 flew right into the picture.  As soon as the camera was done I checked Flight radar 24 and found out who it was.  22,000 feet at 400 MPH.

PXL_20230610_024315529.NIGHT.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

A zoomed and cropped picture or the Ring Nebula 

PXL_20230610_022307681.NIGHT~2.jpg

" To boldly go where no man has gone before " , are you sure that ain't  Uranus !!!! 

• Haha 1

Just beautiful! Thank you Sierra,many idea how far away that is ? I recon it would be measured in light years ? 

46 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Just beautiful! Thank you Sierra,many idea how far away that is ? I recon it would be measured in light years ? 

That one is close being 2,283 light years away.

The next picture is of M65 and 66 with are about 35,000,000 light years away!

PXL_20230610_023337730.NIGHT~2.jpg

• Like 3