Fishfiles

Hobbies , Arts and Crafts

I got both TVs  up and running , not too happy with the WiFi situation , running a $300 late model NetGear router and it will still lag at times while the tv is on the net  , thinking now about running a ethernet cable direct to the TV 

I got the cable company  to come out yesterday and straighten things out , learned there is a adaptor cable that is only available to them , it kind of looks like a S-Video cable on one end and is kind of like a RCA on the other and plugged into the back of the box along with HDMI cables and sat cable , you still get HD , my problem was the lost of connection issues I was having when changing channels or changing input sources , I would have never figured it out , he had to go deep , deep  into the smart TV settings , learned stuff I never knew existed , he was about to give up on it and just run a second box to that 2nd TV which would have cost me $7.95 a month ( and if were to have had to pay for that box it was $99 and $49 connection/programming  fee )   and finally he figured how to turn on the jacks on back the tv  before it would work , best part it didn't cost me anything  ------  I had told them I  wanted to close my account and go with Dish , so they agreed to come out and try to work it out free , and then  I brought back and got a $154 credit worth from 3  convertors that Best Buy and Geek Squad recommended that were not needed any more ---- also in the deal I got them to lower my monthly bill by $65 as when I called to cancel my account with them , I told them Dish was going to cut my bill by $60 and give me equipment ---- I would have never known if not for starting the process of switching providers --- wasted a bunch of time and headaches , but got it going in the end 

Ironically , when he got it hooked up , he put on a sports channel and highlights of Bobby Herbert from the old school Saints was on , I won't be watching any NFL on this TV  , he was showing how to use the parental block , LOL 

Kn7EyvO%SZy2F0A1vCOFEA.jpg

dsckMpBSQOqoFE0xfQSpIg.jpg

• Like 3

I stop at the new Slidell flea market yesterday and picked up this horn mount for $5 , my intentions was to cut the horns off and hang them on the pool table light , but they look kind of cool as far as color goes , the tip of one of the tines is broken off ----cut them  or hang it ?? 

fullsizeoutput_cb5.jpeg

xZ%A7PTiQPultARtyml4mw.jpg

hang it. i dont like the black thing though, mount them on a rabbit. Jack-O-Lope., or some other critters head. got any crock heads?

• Like 1

that combo over head light and antlers looks good IMO old school! bet your friends will sure enough notice them ... nice score! 

18 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that combo over head light and antlers looks good IMO old school! bet your friends will sure enough notice them ... nice score! 

Thanks , hung a couple of more sets up there this morning , one set is elk , one set mule deer and two little sets are Lacombe specials , LOL 

VCvDuGU%RpKpzZq6MSt2dw.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LedFTed said:

got any crock heads?

Ted , I do have a couple of alligator heads , the biggest one is to the right in this pic above the dart board  -------   I took you up on hanging the deer horns , above the turtle shell ( pre 1972 ) from the Philipines 

IUn30wklQ42YE5XiQg%XZg.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

your welcome! oh yeah .... that looks even better! what's the story on that turtle shell ?? 

A friend of mine was in the navy and station in the Phillipines , he married a Philippino woman , her family came to the USA back in the 80s and brought all their belongs in a sea can , the turtle shell was her dad's , it sat in my buddie's  garage for years and I talked him into a  traded for it ,  a sea turtle shell has to be from before the Endangered Species Act was put into effect to legally own and have it 

• Like 1

you sure have lived a interesting life! ..... do you still see your buddy , and his family ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Yes.  his father in law , turtle guy , passed away about 3-4 months ago.  He was in his 90’s. He was an interesting guy.  

• Like 1

Weekend project a couple weeks ago. Spread 8 tons of river rock. I put up the flag pole the day before Flag day. With all the BS going on felt I had to do it. 

IMG_1873.JPG

• Like 4

Done a wood working project for the wife , she wanted some shelves to get all the appliances off the counter tops , this little area we call the breakfast nook , I went to Home Depot and they scanned the window blind header for a color match and came up with this baby poo color , it is not close I am going to repaint it , figured it can be the primer 

rcGmC66+S+msL9eOhC+Wwg.jpg

My flea market buddy is emptying a couple of old barns of stuff from the 50s up and I got to check it out first , picked up a boat prop an a mini brass port hole for $20 I think that porthole can be polished up nice after a soaking in  vinegar  , thinking wall decor on the Man Patio , LOL 

fullsizeoutput_cf1.jpeg

This is a few of the machines he got out of the barn , can't imagine what they are for , lots of tubes inside , he has about 20 evices like these  I didn't want to touch any of it , I was telling my buddy not to touch it either as it may have NORM contamination  as back then they was all kinds of stuff in machines like these  m that cabinet is full of different size glass tubes ----- he gets some crazy stuff 

iW7XLsDQThGI9Npatlt7OQ.jpg

fhRD5LCfQvmDWqvF1iEFUQ.jpg

VSSAFV1QTLGDn5IWT%tTvw.jpg

j0R9YEPbSMqurvaLt3t60A.jpg

the guys on RadioReference could tell you exactly what those tube machines are, and if there worth anything..... i kind of doubt very much .... but to a collector. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

the guys on RadioReference could tell you exactly what those tube machines are, and if there worth anything..... i kind of doubt very much .... but to a collector. 

You know what I think someone would want these machines for : the components  , there are many tubes and old school electronic stuff paced inside 

fullsizeoutput_cef.jpeg

Old vacuum tubes that work are worth $.  Depending on what kind they are they can go for $10-100 or more each. Ebay search will tell what you have. 

• Like 1

it's possibla... but tube equiment is way out dated .... i have an old tube radio here, that's a none worker.... but still a collectors item... because of the wood cabinet ... there's just not much cal for them except to repair older equitment ... that people don't use anymore ... the most call would probobly be for older tube type cb radios....  maybe even some older ham radios... but a person would put more money in then there worth.... just my thinking. 

Wilson you are correct that they are outdated.  People use them to fix old electronics like cb radios, ham radios old TVs and industrial equipment.  Old collectible electronics are worth way more if they work.  The most valuable vacuum tubes are the ones used in industrial equipment. Circuit boards replaced them. https://vacuumtubesinc.com/index.php/vacuum-tubes.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW , those are very expensive tubes ,  I just read two  of the tube numbers off the wall of a tray in a pic , those numbers written on the walls are the tube numbers  , one  is $80 and the other is $75 on that site you linked , there are a lot of tubes in that one console looking machine , he wants $100 for that machine ,I opened the back door , it is loaded with tubes , a few hundred ,  maybe I should  give him the $100 , pull all the tubes and let the scrap man haul the rest away  ----- this machine weighed so much it had to be lifted on and off the trailer , looks like something NASA used to communicate with the Apollo mission , LOL 

iW7XLsDQThGI9Npatlt7OQ.jpg

oTJ+TjI9TqCcGmY85lBSJw.jpg

MEdgiQ2RQAeGqcO54wLjOg.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like it could be an early analog computer or industrial test equipment.  You may be able to find someone in the area you live in thru google who has a vintage electronic repair business.  Contact them and send some pictures of the machine.  You may be able to sell it before you even buy it. You could make more $ by selling the tubes on Ebay 1 at a time but you would have to buy a vacuum tube tester to test them before you sell.  This website also buys them,https://vacuumtubesinc.com/index.php/tubeswearebuying

On 12/21/2019 at 7:37 PM, Fishfiles said:

Guy that done that pic ^ above is Ron Picou , it is a serigraph print , signed  and numbered and goes for $150 , frame about $100 ,  so it is about a $250 pic with some new glass 

Here is another pic I got for $10 , very heavy piece , has an Italian tag on the back , need to research it , might have come from the Vatican City Gift Shop , LOL 

fullsizeoutput_b08.jpeg

I like that! If you ever decide to sell let me know plz.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superfluity said:

I like that! If you ever decide to sell let me know plz.

I write your name in the will for that Last Supper Pic !!! 

There are two Italian tags on the back ,   I kind of think it may have come from Vatican City 

Here is another last Supper pic  , it was a copper tin , I painted the black , got a mat from Hobby Lobby , found a frame and painted it gold ---  was going to do a bit more painting on it , but never did gt to it yet 

UtyG+lRIRha4E4XSg9hxBA.jpg

• Thanks 1

Soaked the brass port hole in vinegar , it is cleaning up nicely , that stuff works -------------   grinded then  sanded the prop , made a mounting bracket so I can screw it in the brick wall , need to find a castle headed nut for a better look 

8tRJa3E1SYusOlZaC48LHQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_cf3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_cf2.jpeg

• Like 1