Fishfiles

Hobbies , Arts and Crafts

Picked up some aluminum chairs from the flea market this weekend , $10 each , didn't paint them flat black yet , wife picked up some pads for them , still don't like the gloss table top --ready for that card game 

lt0hsnvhSqWNc%+AtoAJHQ.jpg

My real hobby is the flea markets , garage sales , etc , finding things to repurpose and stuff to use , yesterday I found some stuff for $20 , got me a extension cord for my generator for $5 , 10/4 cable that need one plugs , great find , I can put the generator around the corner of the house and it will be much quieter 

$10 for the two walkie talkies and they work , $2 for the tie rod fork tool and $3 for the miter saw jig , already have a saw for it 

the other guy has a Kawasaki Bayou 300 , starts right up and sounds good , needs a battery for $500 , not for me but I spread the word 

The Honda 1000 watt generator in the pic is for sale but he is proud of it  wants $400 , very quiet 

I picked up the soldering iron for my buddy with the sheet metal shop for $20 , sent him a pic and he was like get it , it came from the Lacombe Museum over flow sale  , it had a tag 1957 , he said he didn't care if it worked or not , just wanted to hang it on his shop wall , but if it did work he could use it , I didn't want to plug it in , LOL

fullsizeoutput_d7c.jpeg

NHfVmRXBQfaZusG2teMv2A.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d7d.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i was looking abouts, fish came up with these two carvings, talk  about skill. 

image.jpg

Awesome owl , that's talent ...

• Like 2

The wife very seldom goes to the flea market , she went and picked the lantern looking thing hanging on the column , it is made of wood , glass and  brass sheet metal , I bought it for her for $20  and  I hung it for her , and got her some remote control battery powered candles 

I had a small port hole that I cleaned up and had hanging on the wall , this weekend I found a thermometer that fit perfect in it , cost $1.00 

FjsRPetoSXGgqe8wl4%Zeg.jpg

9qZcN7MiSWmeQaLjBDD79g.jpg

• Like 2

On November 8, 2020 at 6:11 AM, Fishfiles said:

I picked up the soldering iron for my buddy with the sheet metal shop for $20 , sent him a pic and he was like get it , it came from the Lacombe Museum over flow sale  , it had a tag 1957 , he said he didn't care if it worked or not , just wanted to hang it on his shop wall , but if it did work he could use it , I didn't want to plug it in , LOL

that cord does sketchy ... I've got something close to that at the big shop, and the cord on it is sketchy to, i got it at a farm auction with a few other tools including these 3 jaw posi lock pullers << those i got for $10 ... 1st time i used a set of these was on a rear output bearing on a 5 speed tranny in a c-70 chevy truck, a friend of mine at kings transmition in  Columbia loaned them to me, best manual puller i have ever used! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

yep, i wish i had the complete set, but talk about pricey! lol! made the mistake of loaning to the idiot (older sisters ex husband) some how he messed the threads up on the push rod, and didnt won't to pay to have them sent in to be fixed, so that ended me loaning those pullers out, so i got a new threaded push rod, from posi loc, and if someone needed a gear, pulley, or bearing pulled, they had to wait, till i could do it myself. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Those posi-lock pullers are nice , I had a small one for years on my truck and it walked away or maybe I left it on a job ----

• Like 1

There is a new couple at the Lacombe Flea Market , and they do embroidering on shirts and hats and vinyl graphics , I had a tin beer cap that said , Free Beer with an arrow saying Next Door , the paint had faded and you could barley read it , so I gave it to her last weekend and asked for Coors Lite , she done an excellent job and only charged $16 , I gave her a $20 and told her keep the change , I think it might have been worth more than that --------  then her husband says I got something you might like , brand new in the box , magnetic bottle opener , it catches the caps , magnets are very strong and plastic coated to not scratch , $10 , really kicks up the side of the fridge  

fullsizeoutput_d8d.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i believe i see LSU up in the left hand corner ? (thumb up)  the setup loos great! 

Thanks , That LSU Tiger was a rubber floor mat for a truck , the lady at the flea market had just one , it was brand new and I got it for like $2 , cut it to fit the frame for $1 , so that is about a $3 piece of art , LOL , bet I might get $5 for it , LOL 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 7:11 AM, Fishfiles said:

My real hobby is the flea markets , garage sales , etc , finding things to repurpose and stuff to use , yesterday I found some stuff for $20 , got me a extension cord for my generator for $5 , 10/4 cable that need one plugs , great find , I can put the generator around the corner of the house and it will be much quieter 

$10 for the two walkie talkies and they work , $2 for the tie rod fork tool and $3 for the miter saw jig , already have a saw for it 

the other guy has a Kawasaki Bayou 300 , starts right up and sounds good , needs a battery for $500 , not for me but I spread the word 

The Honda 1000 watt generator in the pic is for sale but he is proud of it  wants $400 , very quiet 

fullsizeoutput_d7c.jpeg

NHfVmRXBQfaZusG2teMv2A.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d7d.jpeg

whats with the mannequin in the middle picture. been a while since i seen electric cord like that. i trust it a lot. 😇

The mannequin is for  advertisement , but I am sure he would sell it to you for the right price , are you looking for a buddy to hang out with ???? 

there used be a older fellah around here who was a taxidermist, who also did wood carvings , so really beautiful work, did something close to this, i was only 12 when m pop help me start helping out with filling up the planter with soybean sead, and David, (no relations to my next door neighbor) happened up,mand asked us would we like to see his new shop, and then gave us the walk around, did great carvings, he's sence moved on, godbless him. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

thank you, fish, here's another one the detail on the face, and ears must have took some time. now we need a good snake carving, lol. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

My buddy Carl was a Sea Bee in the Navy , he has a booth at the flea market here in Lacombe , he makes some cool stuff , he just made this head , image.pngI

I didn't ask him how much he wants for it , I might have to try my hand at making one 

• Like 1

image.png 

Another pic from a different angle  , I think I  could  do better on construction , but lack the artist-ness !!! ----- I like it , one could be made to look really wicked 

• Like 1

my bud Steve, makes items like that, the last one he told me about was building a custom rot iron stair case, for some actress's daughters who lived in the house or used to, i used to cut the hay on her place a few years back, i had to drive the the equiptment right by the house, never did get to meet those two girls, lol the mother sold the place and they moved, and some rich doctor took it over, and started raises horses. he's a nice down to earth guy, live just a few miles from Steve's home. 

• Like 1

Hi Turbo ,Happy Holidays to You , Blue Zulu and the Family -----  nice chair , have seen many varieties in design , but not one like that , sweet !! 

• Like 1