Krypto313

Is there an alternative product for METER ASSY., COMBINATION 37200-HN5-M11

Purchased a 2004 Honda FOURTRAX RANCHER 4X4 ES (TRX350FE) under the premise that you "can't get spark and the display is faded"...  well... once I got into it it looks like this thing has been used as a submarine so a lot of water damage, including the meter assembly... which lights up but nothing displays except truncated numbers at bottom (pics below). I've been scouring the web for a replacement unit, both new and refurb, but can't seem to find one and getting kinda fed up with it. According to the OEM parts sites, the part details are Manufacturer Part# 37200-HN5-M11 (Item Number OEM325433).

My questions and pleas for help as follows:

1. Since this part appears to have been discontinued by Honda, is there a newer model/part number that would qualify as an alternative to 37200-HN5-M11? From my research this part was used on the Honda FOURTRAX RANCHER 4X4 ES (TRX350FE) between 2003 and 2006... 

2. New member so can't use direct messaging yet but if AKATV is by any chance reading this message, please pm me and let me know if this may be something you could fix.

Display 1.jpg

Display 2.jpg

Thanks for posting pics it really helps a lot

I can repair your speedometer if you want

I have sent contact information to you

Happy Holidays and Welcome to to the forum!

Edited by AKATV

The 350 Ranchers are neat bikes with lots of easy upgrades using factory parts from other Hondas. 

Post some pics and let’s see what you’re working with.

I have the exact same problem as Krytpo 313, except I have an 03 model. The pictures he posted are similar to mine. Can you help me out also?

Hi Dennis

Welcome to the forum and Happy Holidays!

I can get it taken care of no problem

I’ll send you my contact information and we can work out the details 

AKATV

• Thanks 1

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Post a picture or two of what you have going on, as it might be repairable

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

A bit late with feedback on resolution of issue but I wanted to share with the group what an outstanding job AKATV did in repairing the display. Really a top notch guy that provides great service and stays on top of communications with a quick turnaround. Installed the repaired display on the bike and looking perfect! Thanks again AKATV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. New to the forum, but am also in situation needing my meter display repaired and looks like AKATV is the person to do it. Will attach some pictures of mine. 

2F1A5AD3-7130-4EED-A06B-1F8731706CFD.jpeg

E0F1CF6F-594C-476A-8714-B41DA8530741.jpeg

Hi and welcome to the forum

it looks like your inner LCD display panel has pretty standard sun UV damage

I can repair that for you no problem

you can polish up that outer case top cover with an automotive headlight polishing kit they sell at Walmart for like $15 and I’ll make that look like now

if you’re interested in a repair

I’ll send my contact information to your message box

AKATV

7 hours ago, AKATV said:

Hi and welcome to the forum

it looks like your inner LCD display panel has pretty standard sun UV damage

I can repair that for you no problem

you can polish up that outer case top cover with an automotive headlight polishing kit they sell at Walmart for like $15 and I’ll make that look like now

if you’re interested in a repair

I’ll send my contact information to your message box

AKATV

outer cover is cracked all the way through, ain't no polish gonna polish that out !..lol. maybe shine it up some ?, but deff wont make it clear as new.

Won’t fix cracks and crazing- obviously 

The headlight a polishing kits WILL make it as clear as new though

I am not talking about wipe on-wipe off “miracle polish”- these kits take a little elbow grease, and the result you get out of them is based on what you put into it

If the top cover lens is just clouded up with typical white  UV deteriorated plastic haze, just polish off degraded clouded plastic with 1000-2000 grit, then polish with 5000 and polish - finish with 10,000 grit and polish 

It will be clear as you could want.

The kit costs 15.00 or so at Walmart 

and will do 50 plus covers 

New top covers are 75.00-150.00+ if you can find one, so it’s a good affordable repair for members who are are just wanting to clean up their top cover

D3F23DF9-39E3-4CB3-99DE-36AD55DAF48F.png

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Won’t fix cracks and crazing- obviously 

The headlight a polishing kits WILL make it as clear as new though

I am not talking about wipe on-wipe off “miracle polish”- these kits take a little elbow grease, and the result you get out of them is based on what you put into it

If the top cover lens is just clouded up with typical white  UV deteriorated plastic haze, just polish off degraded clouded plastic with 1000-2000 grit, then polish with 5000 and polish - finish with 10,000 grit and polish 

It will be clear as you could want.

The kit costs 15.00 or so at Walmart 

and will do 50 plus covers 

New top covers are 75.00-150.00+ if you can find one, so it’s a good affordable repair for members who are are just wanting to clean up their top cover

D3F23DF9-39E3-4CB3-99DE-36AD55DAF48F.png

Sanding will get a lot of the crazing out.  Not all of it, and not if it's deep, but it will get a lot of it out, and make it clear enough to see what you're looking at.

• Like 1

I just used the headlight polish kit on both my 2003 and 2004 meters last week. Before they were unable to be used, you literally couldn't even see the image on the screen.  After polish they are now totally clear as new.

We bought the kit for its specified use because my headlights on my suv were utter trash, and since the kit was laying around we decided to try it on the ATV meters. Couldn't be happier for the whole 10 minutes of work and it cost us the change we had sitting in our cup holder.

• Thanks 1

Hey! I’m new to the forum and was going through some stuff and have seen that your the go-to person to repair screens. I have an 06 rancher 350 the dash works fine no issue but when i turn my headlights on the backlights on the dash don’t work. I took it all apart thinking i could replace the bulbs but boy was i wrong …. The led bulbs don’t turn on at all but my dash still works 100%. @AKATV

Edited by AMV03

Hi Welcome to the forum!

In all the repairs I have done, I have never seen an issue on the circuit card itself where the backlight would not come and the rest of the speedometer was functioning properly 

it is usually a fuse, a ground wire, or a power pin for the brown wire burned at the plug, possibly light switch  or bad bulb or bulb connection

Check for 12v at brown wire at speedometer plug when lights are turned on, if not you need to trace it down

If you apply 12 volts to the brown wire on the back of the speedometer plug, see if the backlight comes on then

If not try it directly at the board with everything hooked up and see if it comes on then.

I had a recent machine the had a headlight bulb out and corroded socket causing the same issue, so check headlights first

Let me know what you find 

AKATV

I have the same issue with a 2004 TRX350FE meter/display that got wet and looks like

hieroglyphics.  AKATV, are you still repairing them? 

Thanks

Brett

On 12/22/2021 at 8:37 PM, AKATV said:

Hi Dennis

Welcome to the forum and Happy Holidays!

I can get it taken care of no problem

I’ll send you my contact information and we can work out the details 

AKATV

On 6/15/2022 at 9:51 AM, AKATV said:

Hi Welcome to the forum!

In all the repairs I have done, I have never seen an issue on the circuit card itself where the backlight would not come and the rest of the speedometer was functioning properly 

it is usually a fuse, a ground wire, or a power pin for the brown wire burned at the plug, possibly light switch  or bad bulb or bulb connection

Check for 12v at brown wire at speedometer plug when lights are turned on, if not you need to trace it down

If you apply 12 volts to the brown wire on the back of the speedometer plug, see if the backlight comes on then

If not try it directly at the board with everything hooked up and see if it comes on then.

I had a recent machine the had a headlight bulb out and corroded socket causing the same issue, so check headlights first

Let me know what you find 

AKATV

Brett

Welcome to the forum!

Water is not good for these...........at all

It might be salvageable though-how long ago did it get wet?

Send a few pics of what you have going on

It would help to open the case and see if the circuit card is corroded/rusted

I will send my contact info to your message box as well

Wow, that was quick.  It got wet 3 weeks ago.  The cover got cracked and water got in from washing the mud off the machine.  Hard to believe it would corrode that fast, but I'll open it up and take some pictures for you.

If it's determined to be not repairable, do you know where to buy a replacement... aftermarket or OEM?  Seems like they are not available anywhere right now.

Thanks for your help!

It shouldn’t be corroded if it only got wet that recently- but you are correct, Honda has discontinued a lot of these meters and they are no longer available and unfortunately even when you find them in the salvage yard more often than not they still need to be repaired due to water damages or some damages etc.

But, if you can open up your meter and send me a few pictures It will sure let me know a lot about what’s going on

@AKATV - Are you still repairing these displays?  I bought a 2004 Honda Rancher 350 ES 4X4 and it has what I assumed was the UV sun damage.  Tried to fix it myself and improved it a fair amount but still not what I was hoping for.  Could you send your contact info so we can exchange information / photos and see if you think there's more you could do to improve it.

Thanks,

BrianTX

Edited by BrianTX

Hi

Welcome to the forum

I sent my contact information to your message box

I am sure I can get you taken care of

AKATV

Having issues trying to get a meter for my 2005 TRX350OFE Electric shift.  Just got the ATV and the display is only partially visible at night with the light on can't see at all during the day.  I saw that AKATV was able to fix some of the issues with the displays and was wondering if was still doing them.  Let me know, or if anyone knows where to get a working meter for this model.  Thanks

Hi Gortex, welcome aboard!

I can most likely get you taken care of

It depends on what all you have going on with your meter

Post a few pictures if you can and

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

• Like 2

I have one of these with issues as well.  Are you still repairing these? 

37200-HN5-M11 for Honda FOURTRAX RANCHER 4X4 ES (TRX350FE) between 2003 and 2006