Hambone1913

Fourtraxs 300 1991

I have a Electrical issue the 15amp fuse on the red wire at battery Box just started blowing  This bike was given to me I put a starter And carburetor plus a regulator rectifier Because it had no spark But it was a off brand and after looking at the wiring diagram it should have a black but a few people said they didn't need it so I put green to green and red to red and it started I rode it around the yard and it just shut off now it is blowing the fuse on that red wire any idea what I have done wrong I am new to this site any suggestions would be help full plus when it did start the green neutral light worked and then put it in reverse and the red reverse light work but then no lights and the key wouldn't turn the motor off????

Edited by Hambone1913
Forgot something

The red wire fuse goes to the voltage regulator / rectifier and the ignition switch , being you installed a aftermarket regulator and the wiring does match up to boot , I'd say that is the start of your problem -------- hope you didn't damage the cdi 

• Like 1

Main problem is not using OEM parts. Sounds like you also need ignition switch. Since this thing is a project you may as well start a project thread. Start by using punctuation and clearly state what the quad is doing. Use the edit feature to correct misspelling.

Download the service manual from this site and or buy printed manual off fleabay.

use the OEM parts finder at Rocky Mountain atv and Partzilla.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2021 at 6:36 AM, Fishfiles said:

The red wire fuse goes to the voltage regulator / rectifier and the ignition switch , being you installed a aftermarket regulator and the wiring does match up to boot , I'd say that is the start of your problem -------- hope you didn't damage the cdi 

Me to I do have another one but it's not from honda since they don't make them any more

End if I disconnect it it will still blow the fuse sorry If my  Punctuation isn't that great

On 12/30/2021 at 7:44 AM, Goober said:

Main problem is not using OEM parts. Sounds like you also need ignition switch. Since this thing is a project you may as well start a project thread. Start by using punctuation and clearly state what the quad is doing. Use the edit feature to correct misspelling.

Download the service manual from this site and or buy printed manual off fleabay.

use the OEM parts finder at Rocky Mountain atv and Partzilla.

Sorry my punctuation isn't that right but I don't think the spelling is that bad and I believe you can tell what I'm saying But that's OK

I see there are no oem regulators new or used. I don’t know if you can get this aftermarket unit to work. I would continue to shop fleabay and Power Sports Nation for that 31600-HC4-010.

i did find a new ignition switch though. My initial thought is your ignition switch may be the reason your lights aren’t working. 

i appreciate your making the effort — when folks slow down then it’s easier to understand what problems they’re experiencing.

86D5670F-C74B-402D-9790-C48448DD2E44.jpeg

Edited by Goober

Regulator rectifier is disconnected and the red apparently goes to the key switch which I can hook up and make hot shouldn't the pink / white be hot to

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

I see there are no oem regulators new or used. I don’t know if you can get this aftermarket unit to work. I would continue to shop fleabay and Power Sports Nation for that 31600-HC4-010.

i did find a new ignition switch though. My initial thought is your ignition switch may be the reason your lights aren’t working. 

i appreciate your making the effort — when folks slow down then it’s easier to understand what problems they’re experiencing.

Got one coming

I think the pink white is accessory circuit? But yes i think that should hot too

10 minutes ago, Goober said:

Got a new one coming but the one on it is that part number you give me

Edited by Hambone1913
Need to all something

1 minute ago, Hambone1913 said:

Got a new one coming but the one on it is that part number you give me but in the manual I download it say HC4 770 so this is what is killing me

21 minutes ago, Goober said:

14 minutes ago, Hambone1913 said:

Got one coming

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

What exact model you have? I’m assuming 1991 TRX300FW

2 wheel drive

What carburetor did you remove—got a pic of it? Look on the side Keihin VE90C A? Bonus that’s OEM.

i recommend you rebuild it. We consider that when you’re ready and got spark.

24 minutes ago, Goober said:

What exact model you have? I’m assuming 1991 TRX300FW

The regulator rectifier # that is on it is#HC4 010 but missing the black the guy said they don't need it this is what is kill me first one I want to return the they gave me a refund and did want the part back ????

9 minutes ago, Goober said:

What carburetor did you remove—got a pic of it? Look on the side Keihin VE90C A? Bonus that’s OEM.

i recommend you rebuild it. We consider that when you’re ready and got spark.

I put a new one on it and I did get it started it ran strong the old carburetor someone had JB weld the  choke cable so I just got a new one I had it running for 30 minutes and it ran great but the just shut off

Screenshot_20211231-223841_Walmart.jpg

15 minutes ago, Hambone1913 said:

I put a new one on it and I did get it started it ran strong the old carburetor someone had JB weld the  choke cable so I just got a new one I had it running for 30 minutes and it ran great but the just shut off

offTHIS I

This is what I got but it did not have the connector or a black send it back got another but same thing but I payed more and in a day or 2 I should have the right one same # but with black wire

25 minutes ago, Hambone1913 said:

Screenshot_20211231-223841_Walmart.jpg

This is what I got and it show the black but the guy said not needed and no plus with it besides the one going g to stator