Outdooreagle

1999 Honda fourtrax300fw no fire

Seems like an OEM CDI from Honda should have a better number on it than 1610...

Just now, bcsman said:

Seems like an OEM CDI from Honda should have a better number on it than 1610...

I bet he did not get the correct c.d.i. !!!.

Well if the voltage is good going into it but not out thats pretty well answers it..

Just now, Outdooreagle said:

Keeping it. Thanks for your time Sir!

yw, please take the chance, buy the oem c.d.i. from that link, 1999 trx300fw A !!, and then come back to us with your results :-).

Just now, bcsman said:

Well if the voltage is good going into it but not out thats pretty well answers it..

thats why I said c.d.i. , price he said did not match the oem..lol. prob a china knock off ?, orrrrrrrrrrrr..it wasnt' even 100 bucks, was told this from his son in law !..lol.

Now hang on there’s only one CDI that will fit a 98-00 model and that is the CDI with the built in alarm unit. It has the two top-mounted connectors yes?

@Outdooreaglejust keep trying there’s something else going on. Do you see spark as you are kicking it over?

35 minutes ago, Outdooreagle said:

Only one top mount. No spark when kicking it over

post some pics of this c.d.i. plz.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outdooreagle said:

B8FABCAC-3C36-45CE-AED7-2949E896A1FD.jpeg

43CF8E02-0991-416D-B967-4F4A8FFB9E12.jpeg

40E06CB3-95C1-430B-A4D8-2865834A53A1.jpeg

that is nothing like a c.d.i. for a trx300fw I have ever seen ???????.

• Like 2

if you look very closely, see the two white connectors going to the c.d.i. on this '88 trx350D foreman on front top rail ?, this is what most c.d.i.'s look like, but !!!!!!!!!, some newer trx300fw's have a odd gray connector on them, but its made into the c.d.i., not wires coming all out of it like the one you posted ^^^^.

IMG_0857.JPG

can you post a pic of the front diff and axles, I want to see some what model you have  ?, I want to see if you have a 2wd ?.

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

Hey @_Wilson_™
got a pic of the CDI from your 00?

my 98 is at the job site

We wanna see whats your CDI/connector look like?

I have never seen a c.d.i look like his bro ?, it sure looks like china too me ?.

Ok, lets back up a bit here, and start from scratch..shall we ?. first, buy an oem c,d,i, from partzilla or rocky mountain atv. make sure you have a fully charged battery installed, put the old stator, pick up coil back in. chances are, all these were good, and your whole problem was the c.d.i. instead of buying the CORRECT c.d.i.? , '' some one '' bought ( what I think anyway ) a china knock-off c.d.i., because they were too dang cheap to spend the cash on the CORRECT c.d.i. !!!!. once all this is done ?, i'd almost bet 100 bucks ( assuming all old parts are good ?! ) you will get it running again !!!. I freaking hate it when atv owners wont spend the dang money on correct parts !, WHY DO THIS ????????????, all your doing is wasting time and money !!!!!!!!!. oh, and the c.d.i. mounting rubber boot is on the frame upside down. and I still would like to see a full pic of the front diff , so I can see if you have a 2wd or 4wd model ?, I can't tell from your pics you posted ^^^ ?. and where the heck is the vin number plate ???????????, I don't see it either in your pic ^^^^.

The last gen 300s use a cdi that is the same as a 350 rancher.  I have seen them sell CDI with an adaptor harness from Partzilla. Looks like what you got an adaptor harness. If it is oem or not I can’t say.  Don’t look like it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outdooreagle said:

What is the a or ac stand for after model numbers? 1999 Honda fourtrax 300fw a or ac?

Use the A  , the  AC designates if the atv was built to meet specs in a certain State , might be a brake light requirement for Maine and it will read TRX300AM 

On the CDI , if you want to save a few bucks , you can go with Rick's MotorSports on the link below , just be sure you only buy directly from Rick's and not off e-bay or amazon ,there were a bunch of fake Rick's out there , I have Rick's in both the 1st gen and 2nd gen 300s , you have a 3rd gen which is 98-2000 , note if you have a fan on your 300 , which I doubt , the Rick's 3rd gen cdi doesn't support the fan and there is no wire for it 

https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/OEM-Style-Honda-CDI-Box-15_620

That part on the link looks NEAR IDENTICAL to the new one I have. Wires coming off of it, and even the little 4 digit number stamped on it. Are you confident Ricks are true oem? According to dr shadetree, these wires coming off apparently denotes a “China knockoff”! Thanks 

10 minutes ago, Outdooreagle said:

That part on the link looks NEAR IDENTICAL to the new one I have. Wires coming off of it, and even the little 4 digit number stamped on it. Are you confident Ricks are true oem? According to dr shadetree, these wires coming off apparently denotes a “China knockoff”! Thanks 

you need to re-read what I posted ^^^, in case you missed it ?, the link I posted are all china knock-offs !!!, how does dr shadetree know this ??..BECAUSE YOUR NOT GOING TO BUY AN OEM C.D.I. FOR 20 FREAKING BUCKS !!!!. buy the c.d.i. from partzilla or rocky mountain atv, put all the old parts back in that you removed, and plz post a better full pic of your atv, I want to see if you have 2wd or 4wd ? and yes, some of the late model trx300fw's DO have the gray connector on them ?..BUT THEY ARE ATTACHED TO THE BODY OF THE C.D.I. NOT WITH A PIG TAIL !. i'm done with this, I wont argue over this for sure , good luck !.

10 minutes ago, Outdooreagle said:

and for the record ?, the ones I linked from ebay ?, those DO not have wires coming from the flay part of the c.d.i. like the one you posted ^^ , they only have wires coming from the very top !.