f.burns

Brakes on 2005 trx350

Gday. Rear brakes have stopped working on my trx350. Have installed new cables (foot and hand) and new shoes in the drum. both foot and hand cable are set up and tensioned , and stop the wheels when it’s jacked up on blocks. when i put on the ground and ride it , the lever for hand brake cable is still firm aswell as the foot cable , but nothing happens when i press the lever.

Front brakes work for a day after i bleed them but air must leak into system . have replaced lines but nothing changed.

anyone had similar experiences? 

cheers

2 hours ago, f.burns said:

Gday. Rear brakes have stopped working on my trx350. Have installed new cables (foot and hand) and new shoes in the drum. both foot and hand cable are set up and tensioned , and stop the wheels when it’s jacked up on blocks. when i put on the ground and ride it , the lever for hand brake cable is still firm aswell as the foot cable , but nothing happens when i press the lever.

Front brakes work for a day after i bleed them but air must leak into system . have replaced lines but nothing changed.

anyone had similar experiences? 

cheers

Hi , welcome to the forum  ---- the rear brake problem could be the drum has wear or maybe if the brake shoes you got are after market , they might not be to specs , what you can do is re-index the brake arm to the cam on the back of the brake backing plate , by removing it and moving it a couple of splines so that it will make more contact 

on the front brake problem  , I would pinch the brake hose right where it comes out the master cylinder , then squeeze the lever and it should get hard and hold the pressure , if it does then the master cylinder is good and work from there , if not then the master is bad ----  don't forget to adjust the brakes