LedFTed

Linux, an other OS, operating systems

Yup, prices are up a bunch. The cheapest x470 board on newegg are two MSI models at $137 each. I wonder if they're gouging?

• Like 1

nah, people, and corporations dont do this sort of thing, 🙂, take advantage of a situation, neither do politicians.

Well, with $1200 in helicopter money going to everyone.... creep the prices up now so no one can point fingers at them for gouging near the end of the month. Just a sound business decision.... right? 🙂

On 4/2/2020 at 11:01 AM, retro said:

Well, with $1200 in helicopter money going to everyone.... creep the prices up now so no one can point fingers at them for gouging near the end of the month. Just a sound business decision.... right? 🙂

maybe i can get a scrapped helicopter an claim some extra money 🙂, then i can sell the scrape for what i bought it for.

MSI dont put heatsinks on on M.2 headers, [hope i said this right]. i found some MSI board's for about $ 125.oo usa. i aint for sure, can i make my own heatsink, with thermal paste, or heat tape?

25 million to, 'kennedy center for the art's' then they lay of people, say's a lot. ya know they will be closed. are your politicians, milking the free cow too? its business alright. i stepped in it before. ;~}

about the same people, or company's come up on reviews. 6-10 about on people, company reviews aint bios in anyway 🙂, i an learning more than i planned on. 'just buy a board', was a whole lot easier. i'd say that gaming reviews dominates sites by 30 to 1 or better. PITA

dont cover it. i'd about take that penicillin in the bum, [i farted once, on a nurse], over buying a PC Board. lols

Edited by LedFTed
forgot

MSI PERFORMANCE GAMING X470 GAMING PLUS MAX AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

Qty: 1

$119.99 'usa money'. 

i bought it. 'hope it works'. about $132 with mail and tax. got 30 day's to return it from the invoice date. hope, it arrives by then.

heat sinks, i havnt found the cheapest yet. was mentioned online at $7.oo, for my sabrent SSD.

just gotta get my case, graphic card, HDD, and a heatsink. making some progress. though slowly. got offered a mask for $5.oo., for the corona virus.,, from new egg. i'll make my own. thats a little steep for 1 mask.  ;~}

Edited by LedFTed
within reason
  • Like 1

i'm having some trouble finding a case. my cd/dvd rw roms, are 5,75" wide. i want to in include them in my build. gaming case's are abundant.
i do want a quite case. rgb lighting, i dont need. room for wiring, and hiding so, may be important. i think i may need to buy some extra wiring as extensions, and a heat sink or two. then i got to think about fan's. though sometimes, some are included in the case. it would be nice if my ATX fits comfortably, and it has good screw on slots. some cases dont. so far i got about $375.oo invested, best i figure. prices have went up for some reason,[virus maybe], and lack of supply dont help.

got my board today.

Edited by LedFTed

On 4/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, retro said:

The cheap case with a 450 watt power supply I linked earlier is still available.

https://www.newegg.com/black-raidmax-vortex-v4-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811156331?Item=9SIA9ZN7C45884

it doesnt seem to match my mother board. or maybe, i should say the power supply dont. i got a couple extra bucks coming in. i might exceed my $500.oo budget, but will have a kick ! machine for the price.

• Like 1

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mVqbt6/evga-geforce-gt-1030-2gb-video-card-02g-p4-6338-kr

i found this cheap enough. do ya think it will work?

I don't know... its a PCIe x16 card with a fan, so it may take up two slots... if ya got room its not a problem. The main thing I noticed is it has 2 DVI ports, but does not list any HDMI ports. Does your monitor have a DVI video input port? It looks like a good card at a good price.

durn?? i didn't look at this. i thought the ports looked funny. the card reads good, by my eyes, which dont say much, i'm a newbie at this, the cable that came with the monitor, looked different. it's been years ago, but i'd bet its not a match. Oh Well !!

i'll keep trying.🙂

Edited by LedFTed
same

2 hours ago, LedFTed said:

durn?? i didn't look at this. i thought the ports looked funny. the card reads good, by my eyes, which dont say much, i'm a newbie at this, the cable that came with the monitor, looked different. it's been years ago, but i'd bet its not a match. Oh Well !!

i'll keep trying.🙂

one of the GDDR5 cards was 64 bits, the rest dont say. PC Part Picker is helpful in a way, but i get the feeling the same people are doing the reviews, only the name has changed. i very seldom see more that 1 review, so, star rating, is no help, if only 1 person rated, or nobody, you dont have a chance. if ya get 7 ratings, should you be that lucky,  it can still be throwed off, by one person. rates it 1 star, but thinks 4 or 5, just score's 1, because they can. "a nancy", if you will. i got other words, but this will do for the moment.

i think i got to change my search perimeters, an with Goofle help, i will never find what i want. top 5 searches, over an over. its called progress, of some sort, works the same way with cable or satellite, same shows, over an over. getting more redundant. outside is better anyway. The only good thing that will come of this, is Hollowood is no more. if ya seen them once, its once to many. they do better graphic actor's, an dont have to pay them. once this is realized, you will never have to hear a stupid statement from an actor. stupid statements will come from politicians, and animated actors, or is this the same thing.

i'm sorry, i got off on the wrong subject. i'm supposed to be working, on my new computer. it's almost getting warm enough, i can get back to my ATV. i walked to the barn an back today, plus, sit on my sister's front porch with her. she is just next door, but i aint been able to in a while. i dont want no empathy, or nothing, "just stating the fact's mam". LOL 

18 minutes ago, retro said:

I found that video card on EVGA website. It is a single slot card after all. Has two DVI-D connectors. Check your monitor... I'll bet ya got a DVI input port on it.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-6338-KR

i'll check this out, for $5 dollars more, i can get the almost same card with a HDMI port, and a DVI-D port. i dont know if this cards rate 128 bits. but for now it will do, i think, it might be 64 bits.

it's still better than what i've got now.

Edited by LedFTed

Got a link to the other card that you are looking at?

26 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

i walked to the barn an back today, plus, sit on my sister's front porch with her. she is just next door, but i aint been able to in a while.

Are you Ok LedFted?

1 hour ago, retro said:

Are you Ok LedFted?

same as always. i landed on my spine a few years ago. it resulted in sciatica. i fractured a disk. it still bothers me some, thats all. keeps me from going like i was. you should see me try to run, you'd laugh your arse off. anyway, i'm making progress. thats all that counts. i dont want to go under surgery, most often, that dont turn out well. Laser is the worst. a con job.

sorry, i was talking to much.

• Like 1

Take your time healing up, don't get in a hurry it can set ya back. Back injuries take a lot of extra time to come around. I broke my back in '97, got two rods put in hold it together. It was the summer of 2001 before I could bend over and pick up a nickel off the floor and stand back up on my own. Wish ya a faster recovery than I had.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, retro said:

Take your time healing up, don't get in a hurry it can set ya back. Back injuries take a lot of extra time to come around. I broke my back in '97, got two rods put in hold it together. It was the summer of 2001 before I could bend over and pick up a nickel off the floor and stand back up on my own. Wish ya a faster recovery than I had.

i walk funnier then heck, when i do floor exercise, the next day. tis always on the left side, a thing that lingers on from the 2010 stroke. it is what it is.

i think of which foot is supposed to lead. horses have leads, people dont. least most.  i think i landed on my back in the same spot i already had an injury.

lucky me. in the 8th grade i did something that resulted in an injury and an in-coordination between the upper and lower, extremities. i remember this well.

now it makes more sense, than it did at the time. i rode with the left stirrup two inches higher and, before, could never figure out why. i never got tossed off the left side of a horse, and i had over 150 spills, close to 200. funny, what you learn late in life. slow dancing used to kill my lower back in high school, now, i know why. when everything make sense, should i get to this point, i might share it. part of learning is the journey, no matter how long it takes.

the school of hard knocks has worked sometimes the best, for me.

now, i need a cheat sheet, with my video card. i'll copy an paste, when i can. it's about the same as the last one, but has a HDMI port.

my monitor has two HDMI ports, but thats all. the card is: EVGA and is on part picker, only 64 bits, but is GDDR5. for the Price i think it will work. instead of 6338-KR, it says 6333-KR.

Edited by LedFTed

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 SC 2GB GDDR5 Low Profile Graphic Cards 02G-P4-6333-KR: Computers & Accessories

i got a link, and i think the card will do for now. IDK. i just dont want to cause a bottleneck, one way or another.

i got a brother, an a brother-in-law, for that problem, maybe a sister too boot. Well, we each got our crosses, i should mention thorns in the side, maybe in my side. Oh Well. Keep on smiling, it makes them wonder what you are up to. [on the side, i like to confuse them, keep them guessing.] they still aint figured me out, and never will, then, i cant figure them out neither. aint worth trying.

• Like 1

I think you may have found a winner @LedFTed ! Thats not a bad price for that card considering the performance.

Whats next? Did you find a case and power supply yet?

^^^^i want to get a simi-modular maybe fully modular.PSU. then find a case to match what i have. maybe i should find a case first, then match the PSU.

cryto-mining is affecting some prices. i dont know what that is, but i have read about it in many posts.

Edited by LedFTed
just remember something

Ted.  All I got for you on this one is moral support.  If it were me I’d go by a new Mac desk top.