Moose Guy

Clutch needed for 1990 Honda TRX 350

I have a Honda TRX 350 Fourtrax ATV, 1990(L) bought in Canada.  The clutch is quite worn and I'm in need to a wet clutch assembly. This must include the shoes with weights and stopper pins. I'm told the Honda part number I need is 22535-HA7-305. Any ideas where I can get this part? A Google search hasn't turned up what I'm looking for.  I can find the part (different part number) online for the 1989 model year, but not the 1990.  Does anyone know where I can get the part?  If not, will a 1989 model year part fit the 1990 model year? 

17 hours ago, Moose Guy said:

I have a Honda TRX 350 Fourtrax ATV, 1990(L) bought in Canada.  The clutch is quite worn and I'm in need to a wet clutch assembly. This must include the shoes with weights and stopper pins. I'm told the Honda part number I need is 22535-HA7-305. Any ideas where I can get this part? A Google search hasn't turned up what I'm looking for.  I can find the part (different part number) online for the 1989 model year, but not the 1990.  Does anyone know where I can get the part?  If not, will a 1989 model year part fit the 1990 model year? 

88-93 350 Foremans were all the same.  They discontinued them in the US in 1989, but sold them in Canada until 93. 

https://www.bike-parts-honda.ca/honda-motorcycle/350-ATV/FOURTRAX/1990/TRX350L/Engine/CLUTCH/13HA7G31/E__0600/1/9308

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/1989/trx350d-a/clutch

If you look at those two, the 1990 Canada 350 shows a clutch part number of 22500-HA7-670, which is the same part number listed for the 1989 350.

Were it mine, I'd try to find used OEM clutches from an 88-89 350 Fourtrax.  Should be cheap.  Not a huge demand for parts for engine parts on the old 350's.

Here's one cheap, and PSN stands behind what they sell.

https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-foreman-350-88-centrifugal-clutch-22500-ha7-670-24317.html

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Goober said:

That clutch/spring sets looks good. I saw an NOS set for sale awhile back—4 clutch shoes and springs. 😫

i wonder if the 86 will fit

I have bought a few Caltric parts over the years , they are alright , not as good as OEM , but what else you  going to do when parts are no longer available  , thanks goodness for Caltric , hope they stick around -----   the 300 mufflers are a little bit lighter in materials , but , it was a whole lot cheaper in money and was available 

I think the later year Canadian models were the same as the earlier USA , you just can't find the micro finche of parts to verify 

Does Canada have fleabay powersports salvage operations? I haven’t seen many Canadian sellers on there.

I have ordered the Caltric part that replaces 22535-HA7-305 & it is identical except that it does not include the pins that ride in the back plate. I am going to try 22535-HN7-305 that fits a trx300FW. The size seems to be identical fit. The only difference is the pin is on the opposite side of the shoe. Should not matter if the springs fit inside the housing. The pin spread is the same either way installed. Waiting on the parts from partzilla. I will give an update once I test fit them. 

Hi Dan , welcome to the site , I would guess the reason the pins are on the opposite side is because I have always heard the 350D rotates the  opposite direction as a 300 , I know this because some of the guys that do a 350 head on top a 300 engine have to get a special ground reverse cam foor it to work ----