2002 honda rancher

2002 Honda rancher 350 es no spark

I have a 2002 Honda rancher that was given to me by my grandpa and it sat for years after it got over charged and would not do anything so I got it running again and brought it to my house it ran until I started putting the plastics back on it I changed the angle sensor and shift motor and carbeurator and battery and when I put the plastics back on it it started one time and hasn’t ran since I have since then replaced the voltage regulator and cdi box I have no clue what else it could be any help is appreciated it also does not have a screen on it

Edited by 2002 honda rancher
Needed more information

It's doesn't need the display to run so if it is unplugged you can rule that out. It does need a neutral signal to start though so checking that light green with red stripe wire is a must. You can do that with a test light or whatever you have but the cdi has to read neutral or it won't start.Left handle bar kill switch is also overlooked quite often since it ran before.  

• Thanks 1

Did you use OEM parts or aftermarket/china/ebay/amazon parts?

I would honestly put the original stuff back on and tell us what it looks like, if you used aftermarket electronic stuff when you put the new CDI and regulator on

On 1/30/2022 at 9:31 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Did you use OEM parts or aftermarket/china/ebay/amazon parts?

I would honestly put the original stuff back on and tell us what it looks like, if you used aftermarket electronic stuff when you put the new CDI and regulator on

I used oem cdi box and voltage regulator and angle sensor but the shift motor came from Amazon I think it is the stator do you know how to test it

Go to the toolbar at the top of the page, download the factory service manual for the 00-03 Rancher.

Look on page 17-6 and it will tell you how to measure the wires on the stator plug to test it.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:31 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Go to the toolbar at the top of the page, download the factory service manual for the 00-03 Rancher.

Look on page 17-6 and it will tell you how to measure the wires on the stator plug to test it.

The stator reads good but I’m not sure about the pulse generator