Cutlass52

Looking to contact AKATV

Hi welcome to the forum

let me know what make and model you have and what’s going on with your speedometer

post a few pictures if you can with the back light on and I can get a better idea of what needs to be repaired

I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

It’s a 2003 350es 4x4. It’s water damaged really bad and when I took it apart pieces fell out. Don’t think there is any hope 

Send me a few pictures of what you have going on

If it’s falling apart it’s more than likely too water damaged for repair

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

I might be able to source you a replacement card

Hello AKATV sorry it took so long to reply but here is a picture. I know the picture doesn’t show much. Hopefully this can be fixed

DA76BCC8-9EF5-4A77-B411-5C0AB497AEFC.jpeg

Hi glad to hear back from you

thanks for posting the picture

That’s about a blank as blank gets! lol

Doesn’t look like sun damage at all 

You might have a power issue, as you need 12 volts on 2 separate wires to fully power up the board

I would check that out first -I can give you specifics if you are able to check with a multimeter 

If voltage is good, you could have water damage on the board inside or have dropped programming if it sat with a dead battery for quite awhile

Usually they don’t go completely blank like that,so I would recommend opening the case up and getting a look at the circuit board and we can take it from there

I have also sent my contact information to your message box as well 

• Like 1

Looking closely at this picture I see that there is no clear lens in the top cover......

Safe to say it is most likely been full of water and the circuit card will be severely corroded and not cost effective to repair

Better off replacing circuit card and top cover, possibly the  harness as well depending on pin corrosion and damage

But with that being said, let me know what you find and we can take it from there

Edited by AKATV

Howdy. I'm looking for AKATV too. My 2006 rancher 350ES display looks to be sun damaged. AKATV, would you mind either showing me towards a post that shows how to repair it myself, or tell me what it would likely cost to get you to do it for me? I haven't even taken it apart yet, are there really TWO layers of polarized film that requires replacement, one behind and one in front of the LCD? Is there a way to test to see if it's actually a polarized film fault, or something actually wrong with the display?

Edited by JasonBfromLA

Hi and welcome to the forum

If you can post a picture or two of what you have going on with your headlights turned on so that the display is backlit, I can tell you exactly what you need to have done

There are two layers of polarization film on most any LCD display, one on the front and one on the rear as well as well as a back light filter

If you’d like to contact me for a repair

I’ll send my contact information to your message box

Okay, had to polish the display so you can even see anything. Got that done yesterday. This is what I've got. Can't see much in the daylight pic so I did one at night too. 

IMG_20220530_184619046.jpg

IMG_20220530_224248936.jpg

Great job on polishing the cover

Your display has UV (sunlight) damage to the polarization films and backlight filter, which is common for a 20 year old machine 

My contact information is in your message box if you would like to contact me for a repair 

Hi Peter

Welcome to the forum!

Let me know what year, make and model and what you have going on with your display

I have sent my contact information to your message box as well

I have one that needs repair as well.

2004 Rancher 350 ES

Can you send me contact info?

Hi welcome to the forum

It really helps to post a picture so I can see what you have going on

can you give me a little bit of a description as well?

I will send my contact information to your message box

Hi AKATV! 
I have a 2001 Foreman 450 ES with the usual no gear select because it didn’t have a battery for a couple of years. 
let me know the details for getting this repaired please.

Edited by Canadianphil

Sounds like you’ve dropped programming for sure -how are your miles an hours by the way? Are they  crazy high/low numbers or all zeros or nines or blank ,or are they good?

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to have it reprogrammed

It is very important to keep a good battery in these machines particularly

Hi Mattwg
Welcome to the forum!

Need a few more details as to what is wrong exactly

Post a few pictures if you can with the backlight on the display (headlights on)

I will send contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

I think it might be displaying  -just very faintly because your polarization films have been damaged by sunlight

If you remove the top cover, I’ll be able to tell for sure

If that’s the case, then it will be a simple polarization film and back light filter replacement

If it’s not displaying anything at all,you might have water damage or a power issue

But I think it is displaying -just very, very faintly

Plus,with the top cover being a little clouded it makes it a little difficult to tell

Pull the top cover and let me know for sure -maybe post a picture

Thanks for the pictures

Looking around the edges of this display I can see where the polarizing film has a gap around the edges- did somebody attempt repair on this previously?

I’m assuming so, but can’t say for sure. I just got this ATV about a month ago in a trade and this is how it was. 

Okay, if you want I can take a look 

and tell you what you need

I will send you my contact information to your message box as well