Cutlass52

Looking to contact AKATV

On 1/29/2022 at 2:16 PM, AKATV said:

Hi Cutlass52

Welcome to the forum!

let me know the make and model of your machine and what you have exactly going on with your speedometer

If you could post a few pictures it is quite helpful for me to determine what you have going on

I’m sure I can get you taken care of

I have sent my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

Hello, I just created a account to so see if you could repair my Speedo. It’s a 98 Foreman 450 es. The speedo has sun damage. I took it apart but never did anything to it. Any work you can perform on it to bring it back to original would be great! Please let me know. Thank you

14 minutes ago, Gaforeman said:

Hello, I just created a account to so see if you could repair my Speedo. It’s a 98 Foreman 450 es. The speedo has sun damage. I took it apart but never did anything to it. Any work you can perform on it to bring it back to original would be great! Please let me know. Thank you

@AKATV

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gaforeman said:

Hi welcome to the forum!

I should be able to get you taken care of no problem

I would need to see a few pictures of what you have actually going on just to make sure

I will send my contact information to your message box

Hi guys! I have a 2002 trx350fe with a meter assembly that is not functioning. It won’t find neutral (won’t shift) so it also won’t start.

can someone please help me get in touch with the people who are able to repair the assembly?

respectfully - Tim

3 minutes ago, OVRP said:

Hi guys! I have a 2002 trx350fe with a meter assembly that is not functioning. It won’t find neutral (won’t shift) so it also won’t start.

can someone please help me get in touch with the people who are able to repair the assembly?

respectfully - Tim

Wecome to the forum Tim!

Sounds like you have a gear position switch issue as far as no neutral light and not starting

The speedometer has no play in that particular area, machine will start even without speedometer, as long as the ECU gets a ground signal

from your gear position switch (which also turns on your neutral light)

I would download the service manual (for free!) here on the forum and check your gear position switch 

As far a s your speedometer is concerned, let me know what you have going on with it and post a few pictures with it illuminated (headlights turned on)

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

I have a 2000 Foreman TRX450S with what I think is a leaking LCD in the speedometer.  I have looked locally for a used speedometer but can't find one.  I pulled it apart and removed the polarizing films, can you confirm that it does indeed look to be missing the liquid crystal solution?  Second picture is after I replaced the polarizing films.

Does anyone know where I can get an LCD screen?

@AKATV

LCD1.JPG

LCD2.JPG

Edited by 450S

Welcome to the forums 450S!

I can confirm 100% that you have an internally failed LCD panel

It is a common failure on the 450S model speedometers 

Its is referred to as the “black ink spots of death”

It cannot be repaired and it must be replaced.

Unfortunately, as you have found, Honda does not sell individual parts for these meters and you would have to source the parts from another meter

I can check and see what I have available

Edited by AKATV

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I can get you taken care of no problem thanks for the clear picture.

I have sent my direct contact information to your message box as well

Hey AKATV!

I've got a 2004 Foreman 450s with a blank speedo. It's been blank since I bought it. Any chance it's salvageable? 

20221007_180620.jpg

20221007_180625.jpg

20221007_180637.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum!

it’s a little bit hard to tell whether your data

Is corrupted as well but if you remove the top cover and take a picture of your LCD with the back light on I might be able to tell a little bit more

most likely I can repair this for you

2 minutes ago, oldandtired said:

Sending request for estimate. Thank you, 

Welcome aboard.

@AKATV does great work

• Like 1

hi and welcome to the forum

Let me know what make and model speedometer you have and what issues you’re having and I can better estimate what a repair will cost

If you could send a few pictures of it powered up with the headlights on so that the display is illuminated, that is quite helpful as well

I will send my contact information to your message box and you can text message me that way

AKATV

@AKATV

can you shoot me a pm? I also have 350 rancher es with no gear indicator box and all 9999999, switched from MpH et KM etc etc. see image below. Let me know where to ship it if you’re still doing this repair. Thanks! Chase 

66519AD9-113A-4C76-94EC-E1B1926F9FD7.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

I sent contact information as requested

Hope to see you around here!

AKATV

Welcome to the forum Timothy!
Let me know what you have going on with your speedometer. If you could post a few pictures or let me know what it’s doing, that would be helpful. I generally don’t work on that particular model because it has factory printing on the front polarization film that I cannot replicate 

But, depending on what you need, I might be able to take care of it for you

I will send my contact information to your message box as well. 
AKATV

On 1/28/2022 at 7:54 PM, Cutlass52 said:

Need repair of 3700-HN0-A61

I have a 2001 Foreman 450ES.  Display works but is fading.  Left side not very readible.  I can take pictures and send.  Let me know what you need to provide a quote. 

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Welcome to the forum!

If you can send me a few pictures of it powered up with a display illuminated  with the headlights turned on)

I should be able to see exactly what you need

I will send my contact information to your message box for you as well

AKATV