Redlevel

Google sent me.

Been turning wrenches on Honda equipment for 20+ years. I can't believe I haven't signed up on the site earlier. Like many people, my search for a now discontinued 350FE display lead me here. Hopefully I can learn some stuff and maybe help as well. 

• Like 2

Hi RedLevel , welcome to ATVHonda , @AKATV is  the Master Guru of the displays , I just hailed him for you 

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi RedLevel , welcome to ATVHonda , @AKATV is  the Master Guru of the displays , I just hailed him for you 

Many thanks, I went ahead and sent him a message as well. 

1 minute ago, Redlevel said:

Many thanks, I went ahead and sent him a message as well. 

I maybe be wrong but don't think your message went thru , think you need to have a number of post before you can do private messages , it is not many , I forget the exact  number of post required , I think that is to prevent spam 

You work on Honda ATV and Motorcycles for 20 years ??  

Just now, Fishfiles said:

I maybe be wrong but don't think your message went thru , think you need to have a number of post before you can do private messages , it is not many , I forget the exact  number of post required , I think that is to prevent spam 

You work on Honda ATV and Motorcycles for 20 years ??  

Yes sir, starter at a Honda/Polaris shop right out of high-school. I spent the first 14 years in the Powersports industry and Honda was always part of any dealer I worked for. I've been working at a Honda MARINE dealer for the last 6 years due to moving to a resort town where boating is a way of life. I still work on motorcycles and ATVs (among other things) at my home shop. 

• Like 1

Nice ,  Honda makes  good stuff !!!

So do you have a display at all ? Or looking for repairs to one you have ? 

Just now, Fishfiles said:

Nice ,  Honda makes  good stuff !!!

So do you a display at all ? Or looking for repairs to one you have ? 

Looking to see if the one I have can be repaired. My issue is a little different than most, the display decided to switch from MPH to KPH and the odometer is now maxed out. It also lost the gear position indicator. The customer claims everything was working when it was parked years ago. After a little diagnostic work I've determined I need a new display, only to find out they've been discontinued lol....

You should post the year of that TRX350FE ----

I have read a lot of ES/FE threads   and don't remember having ever seen your problem , yet !  I have faith that if AKATV can't fix it, it is not fixable 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

You should post the year of that TRX350FE ----

I have read a lot of ES/FE threads   and don't remember having ever seen your problem , yet !  I have faith that if AKATV can't fix it, it is not fixable 

It's a 2005, I've seen a few threads on different forums where people have had the same issue but never posted if they were successful in repairing it. I plan to follow through with a thread once I get everything back in working order. Maybe such a thread could help someone else in the future. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure he can reflash the board.

I think prolonged dead/no battery messes up the older meters

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Pretty sure he can reflash the board.

I think prolonged dead/no battery messes up the older meters

That's exactly what he told me earlier today, I'm shipping it out tomorrow! 

20220130_144541.jpg

• Like 2

This board is on its way to me now

this is a nice common example of what happens when you let them sit with a dead battery or run them with a dead or no battery.

its pretty common failure on both the Foreman 450 and Rancher 350 particularly the ES models.

There is quite an electic draw when using the electric shift motor without with no/bad battery and the voltage spikes and jumps ends up corrupting the speedometer data and not to mention when you start running the lights and all with no/bad battery you risk smoking the voltage regulator and stator as well.

It really pays to keep a good battery in these models for sure

• Like 4