arkrunner

03 450 foreman es meter need help

My son broke my meter an now my 4x4 doesn’t work. Can I make full time? I need to plow snow. I have the original board an a used unit but they cut the plug off an its not the same # of wires not sure what model it came off . 

9D4BFA2F-B7EA-45A1-A8B5-94BDA139125B.jpeg

Edited by arkrunner

The speedometer, as far as I know, has no bearing on 4wd it only shows the indicator light- kind of like the neutral light

I have disconnected my meter off of my 03 450 and 4wd is still working properly

How is you meter broken- what is wrong with it?

If wires were not the same number you probably have two different 450 meters

The 450ES electric shift meter has more wires than the 450S foot shift and

they are not interchangeable 

Looking for AKATV; 03 foreman 450FE has it has a sun damaged display screen. I would like to have it repaired. New to the site as of today.

Hi and welcome to the forum

I should be able to get you taken care of no problem

send me a few pictures so I can take a look at what you have going on

I will send my contact information to you as well

Also, if you would like to make a five dollar donation to the forum I will take $10 off your repair it’s not mandatory but it helps out the with cost of keeping the forum up and running

5 hours ago, arkrunner said:

My son broke my meter an now my 4x4 doesn’t work. Can I make full time? I need to plow snow.

as far as making your 4wd front diff engage , if the actuator is good , hen you can apply voltage to it and make the diff engage , but without the speedometer sensors not being used ,  it is not protected from being engaged while moving to fast , which can cause damage , so care must be taken when engaging 4wd ---- 

I don't think you can find the 424s for a 450 any more ,  but I changed my 2002 450 to a full time 4wd front diff and added a 424 kickout 

On 2/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, arkrunner said:

Thanks for all the replies. So if actuator is good can it have voltage applied all the time to make full time 4x4?

Try hooking 12V to the green plug on your front diff.  It's on the right side under a plastic cover.

One is +, the other -.  On my kid's rancher + was orange and white, and - was green.  Might be different on a 450.

But yeah, if you apply 12V to that green plug + and ground the other wire, it should be in 4wd, if your actuator is good.

Requesting AKATV; I have a 2004 Honda Rancher 350fe. The meter screen is scratched and the display isn’t working properly. I have attached a picture.

79100DD7-AF41-436D-9B64-07D73DBE39AF.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

Can you post a picture of what

it looks like powered up with headlights on, so display is illuminated? 

I can then better tell what you have going on 

I sent contact info to your message box as well

AKATV