Rjohn

Rancher siezed up..

Check the small end of your rod with the wrist pin and make sure there is no play there.

I use Shindy pistons.  They come with rings, wrist pin and circlips.  Made in Japan

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

Check the small end of your rod with the wrist pin and make sure there is no play there.

I use Shindy pistons.  They come with rings, wrist pin and circlips.  Made in Japan

Thanks for tip I will have to check that. What would be genuine Honda parts be ? Shindy pistons? 

Well I’ve seen some say that Shindy makes the OEM Honda pistons but don’t know if there’s any truth to it.

They are less expensive than OEM and work perfectly

58 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Well I’ve seen some say that Shindy makes the OEM Honda pistons but don’t know if there’s any truth to it.

They are less expensive than OEM and work perfectly

That's good to know! I can't seem to find much of anything really for parts I guess the 400fa isn't common 🤷

@Rjohn the blueing on the crankshaft is normal so nothing to worry about there. The head on my donor motor was bad (valve seat came loose and did some damage) so I can't help with the needed parts.

• Like 1

You might try some of the boards on facebook if you need a head.  Honda Rancher club for one.

I got off of FB, but that's where most people were selling parts a few months ago.

• Thanks 1