SIO

TRX500FE wont move in gear

Hey guys new guy here not good with computers but need help.2012 TRX500FE Foreman. Backed up went to go forward and nothing 2w or 4w drive. You can feel it go into each gear. In gear on blocks the tires will spin but can stop them with your foot. Changed the angle sensor no change. The error code it has is 8 i think means ECM. Could this stop it from moving. Just trying to check everything before having to open it up. thanks.

Welcome aboard. 

Since you don't have any power in 2wd or 4wd, sounds like something slipping on your clutches. 

Very strange that it would do it so suddenly though. 

Have you changed the oil lately?  If so, what kind of oil did you use?  Have you adjusted the clutch?

There are free factory service manuals in PDF format in the "service manuals" link in the toolbar at the top of the page.

Error code 8 is the throttle position sensor. 

Download the service manual and look on page 4-18 for troubleshooting instructions on that error code.  Page 4-13 has the error codes listed.

Welcome. I would also guess it would be a clutch issue since you have nothing. Some get confused and call the Rubicon (automatic) an electric shift Foreman and if that is the case it changes everything.

Thanks so much for the quick response i just cant believe i havent found anyone with this issue. thats what throws me off is how quickly it happend no abnormal noise no warning. I just keep thinking its something simple that im overlooking. Oil was change last year by honda shop. Clutch adjustment screw is frozen. It will jump forward like normal when you shift into gear like its ready to go then nothing with throttle. Just want to make sure before i open it up. I will check out the the service manuel you spoke of that should help. 

Ok after looking at service manual for the codes i dont understand them. Went back and got my codes off bike again and both the neutral light flashes one thing and the 4wheel drive light flashes another. Neural light flashes 1 long_8 short_3 short . 4wheel light flashes 1 long_4 short_4 short. I guess i dont know how to read them cause i cant match them to what the manual says. What do yall think and could any of these codes keep the bike from moving.

There is a different set of codes for the 4x4 and the electric shift systems. If you know for sure it goes into gear (even if your not ! it manually) you have a mechanical problem and not an electrical problem. The front engine cover will have to be removed to inspect the components and fix that froze adjusting screw.

Great thats what i was looking for. Just didnt want to open it up and find nothing due to it being an electrical problem. I guess i still need to find out what these codes mean. Thanks going to open it up.