Krypto313

2004 RANCHER 4X4 ES (TRX350FE) - looking for a South Carolina mechanic to work on gear shifting issues

Ideally Upstate South Carolina if possible. Tried taking the bike to the Greenville dealer and they told me they prefer doing warranty work and high volume projects... whatever the heck that means. I told him I'd pay them and I am not time constraint but they guy seemed more interested in replacing stock wheels with alloy oversized options and changing oil... must be nice to have that much business where you turn away what I fully expected to be a fairly high dollar repair.

The issue I am having is related to the ES and most likely it's an internal part that requires either the front or back crank case removed... there are good videos on youtube on this but I'm just not comfortable with the job thus my search for a mechanic.

Please let me know if you are one or if you know of one... much appreciated 

49 minutes ago, Krypto313 said:

Ideally Upstate South Carolina if possible. Tried taking the bike to the Greenville dealer and they told me they prefer doing warranty work and high volume projects... whatever the heck that means. I told him I'd pay them and I am not time constraint but they guy seemed more interested in replacing stock wheels with alloy oversized options and changing oil... must be nice to have that much business where you turn away what I fully expected to be a fairly high dollar repair.

The issue I am having is related to the ES and most likely it's an internal part that requires either the front or back crank case removed... there are good videos on youtube on this but I'm just not comfortable with the job thus my search for a mechanic.

Please let me know if you are one or if you know of one... much appreciated 

Eh, if you're at all handy with a wrench you should be able to handle it.  First do the test on your gear position switch and see what you find.