shadetree

honda 300

here's a treasure I ran across while at my buds place today. its a honda 300, just..wow !!.

IMG_0872.JPG

• Like 3

only thing I could find out on this bike is it seems to be around a cl350 ?. but the emblem on the tank said 300 ?..hmmm. anyone have an idea ?.

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I'd guess a 61-67 Honda 305 SuperHawk 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CB77

you nailed it !!. but the back top of rear shocks in your link shows black, where is this one is chrome all the way ? it bet it is the 252cc version, the emblem does say 300 on the tank, not to mention they are backwards !..lol.

This is a 1964 305 Dream like my buddy use to ride , his was black ----------  note the front end , no shocks , it as arms like 6 inches long between the ends of the tubes and the spindle ,  they would go up and down and give you some suspension 

1964 honda 305 dream .jpg

• Like 1

My really good buddy from high school days had a rare black  Harley Davidson Cafe Racer , it was a fine bike , he died after being bitten by a kissing bug while working in Africa on a job that I was suppose to go on , I asked his Dad to sell it to me and he said he never would sell it , Katrina hit , I know his Dad's house got 4 ft of water , never know what happened to that bike , going look for a pic of that bike 

Just now, Fishfiles said:

1964 Harley Cafe Racer 

Harley Cafe Racer .jpg

wow !!, and I bet it got ruined !.

So many nice cars and bike went down in Katrina , my buddy I ride 4 wheelers Ricky , on his 18th birthday his Dad gave him a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T special 3 deuce carb ,  lime green and black markings ,  the car lived in the garage it's whole like and was pristine , it flooded over the roof , guy came down from Kentucky and gave him $10K for it , he bought the first year of the new Challenger , special ordered and one year color with the biggest baddest everything he could get it , he said last weekend he wish he had the old one 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

So many nice cars and bike went down in Katrina , my buddy I ride 4 wheelers Ricky , on his 18th birthday his Dad gave him a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T special 3 deuce carb ,  lime green and black markings ,  the car lived in the garage it's whole like and was pristine , it flooded over the roof , guy came down from Kentucky and gave him $10K for it , he bought the first year of the new Challenger , special ordered and one year color with the biggest baddest everything he could get it , he said last weekend he wish he had the old one 

did the '70 have the 440 magum in it ?.

I was talking with my buddy that had the 79 Challenger yesterday , I had it wrong and it was the 340 six pack , 4 speed , not the 440  version , he was trying to explain how it went , still not sure if I have it right , he had the T/A which was the 340 tri-power , the R/T was the 440 tri-power , the T/A had the fiberglass hood with the scoop that is made off the Mustang airplane bottom vent , it was a fine car , maybe my favorite 

://cars.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/2298946/

I'm not all up to date on the old motorcycles. They had the 300 touring and the 300 sport (leg burning exhaust up high). If I ever get time I want to get all of my dads in one place and going again (if possible). A few in storage at the shop here. 

20191227_133634.jpg

20191227_133436.jpg

20191227_133417.jpg

20191227_133336.jpg

• Like 4