Bossdaddy

Honda Rancher VIN Number

I need some help identifying a Rancher year model, I think it is a 2003 but want to make sure. Here is the VIN number 478TE250934215918

@jeepwm69 When you can use the tools, you use them.. lol  I didn't post the motor number, the non existing repair history (no warranty work has ever been done) or when the extended warranty expired.

• Haha 2

Is there any where the vin is stamped? I see you said the motor number, does it reflect the vin? The sticker that is on the frame is all but gone on my 500.

47 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

Is there any where the vin is stamped? I see you said the motor number, does it reflect the vin? The sticker that is on the frame is all but gone on my 500.

The vin is stamped across the front of the frame ---- some atvs that have a winch , the winch plate will cover the vin number ------------  the motor serial number is on the crankcase and a different number than the vin number on the frame , and if you look at your service manual it will tell you which year the engine is by the motor serial number 

16 hours ago, Chevymec said:

On your 500 it's on the front of the frame, where the bumper bolts to the frame right in the middle of the front end.

The little plate the bumper bolts to has the vin on top of it.

16 hours ago, Bossdaddy said:

Does all 2003 ranchers have a meter. I'm not even convinced it's a rancher.

Post up a pic.  If it's a footshift it won't have a meter, just indicator lights for Neutral, Reverse, Overheating etc

So since Toodeep said it's an FM (footshift) then you won't have a meter.

Thanks, it is a footshift and don't have a meter. A friend of mine bought this thing, gave way to much for it and it is patched up everywhere. All the fender stays and hardware on the whole thing is missing so he will be in the market to buy all those plus the inner fenders have big holes cut in them. On top of that the one way bearing on this on is bad also.

Post up a pic or two.  We might be able to advise on where to get what you need.  Buying new nuts and bolts etc from Honda gets $$$ fast

I'm not with the quad very much it is not mine. I don't think there is anything to take a picture of it's all missing.

If you're missing a bunch of bolts etc, powersportsnation.com sells bags of bolts and misc parts from when they strip down machines to part out.

If you look at different lots they have on their website you can often see if a particular lot has several things you might need.

Just look at the pics carefully.  Some have lots of good stuff, some are just a few bits of junk, and they’re all $29 regardless of what’s in there