Shannon1549

Money well spent!

As you guys have probably seen in previous posts, I recently purchased a 1992 fourtrax. I plan on keeping it stock and fixing her up as a ride around/ work quad. There's a small Crack in the plastics that I can get with my plastic welder and red filler, I thinks it'll blend in just fine considering it's just around where the plastics hang on to the back rack.

Also need to strip, repaint, and re-decal the fuel tank. What red best matches factory that yall know of? Could I even get the honda fourtrax decals anymore?. The gas tank is in great shape with no rust inside so I would love to keep the metal one. 

I have tie rod ends on the way. The front brakes need to be gone through. 

The back drum and all has been removed. 

And I plan on finding a factory tool kit.

I think she looks great for her age and am very happy with my purchase

20220227_101901.jpg

20220227_101834.jpg

20220227_101653.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.  Looks like a good solid 300.

On your front brakes, unless it's a simple clean up with no new parts needed, you're better off doing a disc conversion.  SuperATV has them, and you get 10% off for mentioning you're a member here.

On your tank decals, Blue Line Graphics should be able to get you what you need.

Not sure on the paint.  There were a couple of different reds (Patriot and something else) over the years. 

You might try buffing the tank first.  Sometimes they can be cleaned up to look really nice.

It will probably take a good body shop to blend some paint to match the aged fenders or that tank will really stick out. I don't know if superatv offers the conversion for the 2x4 anymore. They did have one years ago but I think the demand wasn't high enough and they quit them. I could be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, toodeep said:

It will probably take a good body shop to blend some paint to match the aged fenders or that tank will really stick out. I don't know if superatv offers the conversion for the 2x4 anymore. They did have one years ago but I think the demand wasn't high enough and they quit them. I could be wrong though.

The 300 2 wheel drive , front disc conversion started with a Super ATV Rancher 350 2wd disc conversion kit , then you had to make your own custom caliper mounting plates  to get the spacing right , Super ATV discontinued the Rancher kit quite a few yew years ago  ---- I actually have 3 300 2wd with disc brakes on them ------   I have a couple of sets of the custom mounting brackets that were never used , if someone could come up with a Racher kit 

I forgot how they are doing it , but the 300 club guys have come up with used parts to do the 2wd disc conversion , I think it is a Yamaha that is used 

Ah crap, missed that it was a 2wd.

I have a set of 07-13 2wd 420 knuckles, hubs, rotors, and calipers I was going to try to put on the lone 2wd 300 I have.  It looks like it will work, doing the same thing I had to do on the 4wd machine to use early 420 brakes; enlarging the upper ball joint hole in the upper a-arm to accept the bigger 420 upper ball joint. 

All the front needs is the hose xoming from the master cyl and maybe a master cyl rebuild. Time will not allow me to do a full disk Conversion

So, you can go down to your local paint shop and buy paint and shoot it on with a gun. They can match anything you want. The color code of your bike is Hondas' Passion Red (Code R109) You can get a quart of paint and all the stuff for around 100 bucks, and you have enough to do 2 tanks. Haven't had good luck with spray paint, as the color is never right, and it gets eaten off by your fuel. As for the decals, this is what you want 90-93 TRX300 Tank Decal Red | Blue Line Graphics (bluelinedecals.com). If you got any more questions about a honda 300 let me know.

Edited by Andy bauska