Flylowp22

HELP. WHATS WRONG WITH MY RANCHER

It sounds like it’s leaning out and dying from a lack of fuel

just from my experience -before machine runs out of fuel it does just that, it leans out the idle goes up and then it quits

Maybe check your fuel flow or if you have another container that you could just connect with a fuel hose directly to the carburetor see how it runs

If you can’t do that you can at least run the hose into a clear jar and see how you’re on position and reserve fuel knob positions flow fuel

I had one that was doing this last month the petcock was full of white sediment and was all clogged up and little crumbs were getting down into the carburetor in jamming up the float valve causing the overflow to drain out

Cleaned it out runs like a clock now

Check it out let us know what you find

Ok so good news. I got the thing running right. 

Not sure exactly what I did, but I took off the neck from the carb to the cylinder head, cleaned it up and the oring. Spread some high temp RTV, cleaned the filter to the sub air filter, the little cone shaped dude in the gas tank. Also replaced all the spring clips on the vacuum hoses with hose clamps. She seems to be doing just fine now. 

NEW QUESTION. How do I set the TPS. I've looked into the service manual which gives me no real guidance. What should the volts/ohms be at full close?