Tjp5093

Honda forman 400 Help!!!!!!!!

I am working on my 2002 Honda forman 400 with shifting issues. When I pull apart the case I came across a little metal nipple that looks to have broke off from somewhere. I've searched around and tried to find where it came from with no luck. It looks to me like it's steel and not off the case it's self. Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA!!!

IMG_20220309_172629217.jpg

IMG_20220309_172619395.jpg

IMG_20220309_172524987.jpg

Hi welcome to the forum with your Foreman 

could it be part of #10 the clutch arm 

image.png

38 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi welcome to the forum with your Foreman 

could it be part of #10 the clutch arm 

image.png

the wheel on the shifting arm is too big. just guessing by the fich ^^ ?, it looks like the nipple off the end of part # 4 in this fich ^^. i'll study the micro more through out the engine.

tjp, number # 16, the tip on it, they break off. you will need drop rear swing arm, pull stator cover off back of engine. either raise the back up really high ?, or drain the engine oil ?. drop the rear swing arm, pull the rear stator cover to access the shifting shaft from the left side. once the stator cover is removed, remove # 19 bolt and # 21 part, slide # 10 shaft out, then pull # 16 out from the rear of engine, my money say's the tip broke off.

3 hours ago, shadetree said:

tjp, number # 16, the tip on it, they break off. you will need drop rear swing arm, pull stator cover off back of engine. either raise the back up really high ?, or drain the engine oil ?. drop the rear swing arm, pull the rear stator cover to access the shifting shaft from the left side. once the stator cover is removed, remove # 19 bolt and # 21 part, slide # 10 shaft out, then pull # 16 out from the rear of engine, my money say's the tip broke off.

It might be off the shifter arm I'll have to check when I get home. Its already tore down and I actually ordered this part already because I suspected it was the issue I'll have to compare them later and get back with you. Thanks 

On 3/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, Tjp5093 said:

It might be off the shifter arm I'll have to check when I get home. Its already tore down and I actually ordered this part already because I suspected it was the issue I'll have to compare them later and get back with you. Thanks 

good deal, plz keep us updated on what you find out !.

It was number 16 from the shifter!! Thanks so much shadetree!!!! Do u have a cash app or other way I could send a token of my appreciation???

I was also wondering how do I know exactly what position I line up the shifter shaft and clutch arm. Does it matter if it was takin apart in gear? I didnt take it apart down to the trans just the outer case. How can I ensure it's in the right gear to insert shifter shaft in correct position? 

Edited by Tjp5093

On 3/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, Tjp5093 said:

It was number 16 from the shifter!! Thanks so much shadetree!!!! Do u have a cash app or other way I could send a token of my appreciation???

nah bro..don't send me anything..just you finding the problem is payment enough for me !. you can donate to the forums here through paypal..that helps us keep the lights on..lol.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2022 at 11:10 AM, Tjp5093 said:

I was also wondering how do I know exactly what position I line up the shifter shaft and clutch arm. Does it matter if it was takin apart in gear? I didnt take it apart down to the trans just the outer case. How can I ensure it's in the right gear to insert shifter shaft in correct position? 

send me a pm with yer cell number, i'll walk ya through it !.