Bossdaddy

2005 Rincon

Hey Guys, I have an opportunity to buy a 2005 Rincon 650 4x4, auto transmission, pretty clean, 2300 miles, 271 hours, garage kept. It has a rear axel going out, other than that pretty sound quad. My question is, does these things have a history of bad auto transmission like the early Rubicon. I'm scared to pull the trigger until I know a little more about it. All comments are welcome.

While I'm not a fan of the Rincon (no engine braking, $%$^&$ to work on), my buddy's 06 has been tough as nails.  The transmissions are nothing like the early Rubicons, and he sank his 1/2 dozen times before I did a rebuild.  Had i just done a top end it wouldn't have been bad, but me being me I had to tear it all the way down and clean it out.  Those engines are HEAVY, and if you don't get all the oil rings in there just right they won't pull as they run off of oil pressure.

No better trail rig out there.   I did the Big Red (700 SXS) secondary gear reduction on my buddy's while i had it all apart.

He has beaten his to ! and back and it keeps going.  He had a little smoke before I tore into it, even having sunk it over and over again, and running with it bouncing off the rev limiter all the time.

The 03-05 have drum brakes up front, but you can swap 06-current discs on and they bolt right up.

The guy sold it to one of his good friends. I should have pulled the trigger quicker but better safe than sorry. Thanks