jeepwm69

Looks like the old board is "hiring" LOL

I screenshot this as I'm sure they'll delete my response in very short order.

VS sucks.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

i wonder if anyone here will bite ? lol......i reminded of a good old song (take this job and shove it) :D we warned um... they made there bed now lay in it NO sympathy from me!

• Like 1

I was just a bit surprised that they are blatantly listing "job" duties for a "volunteer"

"We want you to be a mod out of the goodness of your heart and do all the work while we profit off it you, and you need to do it voluntarily"

All of the group here have been helping people fix their rigs (and lots of other things) because we want to help people.  That's a great thing.

I just find it utterly disgusting that someone is trying to profit off good people helping out other people, while doing no work and having no knowledge themselves!

Just bottom feeding scumbags. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

very well said, i agree completely! i have an idea what will happen, but I'll keep my thoughts to myself..... just a Wait  and see deal, bet this idea backfires. 

Looks like they took away Shade's moderator status , so there are no moderators for the site ,  they got TRX2five0 listed as the only staff member  beside Wreckless and TRX2fiveO's  last post over there appears to be 2016 , the site been running itself 

• Like 4

Well glad we have this place! I couldn’t tell u last time I logged in over there.. I really don’t know haha

• Like 6

I still lurk a bit.  Every once and awhile I will point someone in this direction...LOL

• Like 3

i still look for old friends like cmanningjr aka blue gloves...... plus a few other people..... i loved it when wheeler won the contest.... lol.... i think goober might have won too ? not sure if anyone else we know has....... fish i  recall you posting about, and we sent wheeler straight to the winners circle.........wish we could do it again just to kick them in the face.... this might not have Needed to posted in open forums here..... I'm sure they have spy's here by now. 

yall are more the welcome to sweep this post, but...... i recall going back after being away.... and they have changed everything @XplicitRacing6 and myself use iPads, and we couldn't even navigate the forums.... that's when i went on my soap box rant....... i couldn't even PM my friend, and had trouble even posting 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 4

I use to stop by over there every now and then , not too much lately , I was just looking earlier , Shadetree has like 38K post and was #1 poster , I had 12K and was #4 

• Like 3

yeah...... they ran off some great fellas THAT nmade that forums what it was..... just think about it..... they were riding on alot coat tails...... i made a bun h of great friends o er there  I'm just glad most of them got routed to the 1st 2 temp forums, and now our family is mostly in tack again.......

• Like 2

After I bought my 98 450ES I found the old site and joined.  Not long after I needed some engine help and got all the advise I needed to get the old girl back to running like a top.  So yes that was the site for any Honda ATV repairs but it didn't last long for me.  When they changed to VS all the "good" mods and members said it was time to leave and @retro recruited some of us to start this forum.  After we pit this into play it seems thru word of mouth and recruitment most anyone that is anyone ended up here.  So glad everything worked out the way it did, we have the best Honda ATV forum going.....cheers to us....

• Like 5

I havent logged on over there since we all abandoned the sinking ship lol. So they removed my mod status at some point i guess also? LoL. Not that i care anyway.

• Like 4

I'm just hanging around to gather more trust worthy friends..... my pics i posted, and hopefully make a run on the contest, HINT HINT but it's got to be someone who left there to joine us here.

What???? There's an old forum??? When they first took over (HF) they was good and then it became nothing but a money maker.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I still lurk a bit.  Every once and awhile I will point someone in this direction...LOL

I'm always posting, and mostly to direct them here....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, toodeep said:

What???? There's an old forum??? When they first took over (HF) they was good and then it became nothing but a money maker.

Yeah I started on HF with you and Rich.   It's complete crickets there now.  Very little activity at all.  I looked yesterday to see if they'd asked for mods on that one too, but they haven't.

i did get my mod status back, but right after, i never went back, been stuck right here..just like jeep said..you can find all the help you need right here !. some of us members here MADE that site what it WAS ..but seeing how all of us ( most ) moved here, we got the best site on the net. when i spoke to retro about this, he said '' i'm thinking of building a atv site that cares more about members than money, i told him..you build it..i'll bring them..they will come..ahh yes...the '' field of dreams '' movie..ring a bell ?..lol.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I was never tolerant of them, my last days there were spent pointing fingers, shouting out liars and pinning them down with their lies. I told the Admins flatly that they had two choices remaining back then... they didn't believe me (didn't believe in us) when I stated the 2nd choice remedy...

I never went back over there, in fact I deleted the email account (it was [email protected] 😀) that I was registered with the same day that I left so they couldn't bother me anymore.

I remember our "field of dreams" conversation @shadetree, we darn sure kept our promises didn't we!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, retro said:

I was never tolerant of them, my last days there were spent pointing fingers, shouting out liars and pinning them down with their lies. I told the Admins flatly that they had two choices remaining back then... they didn't believe me (didn't believe in us) when I stated the 2nd choice remedy...

I never went back over there, in fact I deleted the email account (it was [email protected] 😀) that I was registered with the same day that I left so they couldn't bother me anymore.

I remember our "field of dreams" conversation @shadetree, we darn sure kept our promises didn't we!

amen brother !.

39 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

Who ended up taking over the old site?

Vertical Scope.

They buy forums, maximize profits in the short term, kill the board, and move to the next.

Like a plague of locusts

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Vertical Scope.

They buy forums, maximize profits in the short term, kill the board, and move to the next.

Like a plague of locusts

Locust ?   More like bees , I was over there checking out that moderator wanted thread and you stirred them up  , kind of like poking the ant pile with a stick , or you could maybe even say , pist on the pile ,  something I have always liked to do ---  LOL 

• Haha 1

I post when there’s someone who seems serious about fixing an early Honda quad. link to service manuals and OEM parts finders; get them started. if they can thank those who help them or reach out to others…show community interest…they’ll be looking for more and better. 

• Like 1

Well Rimfirecentral.com just because another victim of Vertical Scope🤬

Azzholes are killing off the few remaining boards that I frequent.

Aint they though. killing of information? all kinds

Edited by LedFTed