jeepwm69

Looks like the old board is "hiring" LOL

32 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

I wondered why the general consensus on HA was to move here. I've seen it suggested a number of times.

I had been a member over there for a number of years, so that's where I returned to when needing advice. Goober was on the spot and very helpful and supportive. 

So, I'm congregating both there and here. I find value in both.

An observation- both forums seem to have about the same amount of posts and activity.

I've got my 300 posted for this month's contest.

Vertical Scope changed the format of the old board, which they always do when they buy a forum.  They load it down with ads and spyware.

When they did it to Hondaatvforums, they asked for input.  All of the regulars and THE MODERATORS all said "No, this sucks, put it back the way it was" and they pretty much blew us off.  Bottom line, they don't know ATV's, don't care about ATV's, and depended on the mods and regulars to do the work helping people out while they made a tidy profit for doing nothing.  When they ignored the wishes of the people doing their work for them, we all said screw them and left.   They did the same for Hondaforeman.com, and we got the mods from there too. 

Pirate4x4.com was one of the best Jeep/offroad pages.  Same thing happened there, and the regulars and mods created irate4x4.com

Some people don't really care, but for those of us who spend a lot of time on the forums, it didn't sit right when they pretended to want our opinions, and then completely blew us off when we gave input they didn't like.

So that's the history of atvhonda.com.  Basically a bunch of ! off enthusiasts who decided not to let the forum corporatists profitt off of our knowledge that we were trying to give away free.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I personally would not vote for tbrider , he  is very anti-American , but that is just me 

Of course he is.  He's Canadian.  He would likely say you're anti Canadian LOL

I voted for him.  I rarely agree with him politically, but he's been respectful of me when we discussed ATV stuff so I am the same to him.  

I wasn't liking his political views, I was liking his pic of his bike, and him as a member here.

And trying to stick it to the real enemy, which is VS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hodge5 said:

I wondered why the general consensus on HA was to move here. I've seen it suggested a number of times.

I had been a member over there for a number of years, so that's where I returned to when needing advice. Goober was on the spot and very helpful and supportive. 

So, I'm congregating both there and here. I find value in both.

An observation- both forums seem to have about the same amount of posts and activity.

I've got my 300 posted for this month's contest.

I voted for Wilson this month.  Put your bike in the drawing for next month and we'll vote for you then.

The running joke here is for someone here to submit a bike, everyone here votes for that guy, then we're taking money back from the greedy ! at Vertical Scope. 

Most here have donated their winning to this site (since we have no ad revenue by choice, instead depending on voluntary contributions to fund the site), but that is certainly not required.

The guys here just like to talk ATV's, and like helping people out.  A lot of people who end up here can't afford to pay someone to fix their machine, much less contribute to a forum, so we won't ever make it a requirement for someone to pay or watch an ad to get help.  If someone wants to help out and can afford to do so, great!  If not, that's cool too.  We like helping anybody we can.  It's kinda like puzzle solving for some of us.

Of course, there's always the "I put a bunch of amazon electrical parts on my bike and now it doesn't work" guy, who will then say "I already replaced that part, it's new, so the problem can't be that part" when we tell him to take all the chinese stuff back off and replace with OEM stuff, and he just flat out refuses to listen.   I guess that's the one type of person we don't want to help LOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, hodge5 said:

Bit of a different number in members tho 😉 

Crap i voted for Jeep thinking i was clicking on Wilson!  lol Sorry Wilson! 😮

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Bit of a different number in members tho 😉 

Which begs the question- if ATVHonda has more members, why not more activity?

13 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

answer: BECAUSE ALL THE SMART GUY'S THAT MADE THEM WHAT THEY WERE ??...ARE ALL NOW HERE !!..ROFL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

HondaATV has more members  ,  because they have been around for many years now  , most all them members are long gone  ------  I know I was a member there for many years  , I'd guess about 10+ --------  they use to be people there that knew things and who cared to help people , not so much any more 

• Like 2

Ok- I misunderstood. I assumed that ATVHonda had more members, but HondaATV dwarfs (70,000 to 1700). By observation, both forums have roughly the same amount of activity. But in ratio, ATVHonda is more alive. 

Goober is very active there, along with some others, doing their best to answer requests for assistance.

I intend to be active on both forums.

Edited by hodge5

11 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

Ok- I misunderstood. I assumed that ATVHonda had more members, but HondaATV dwarfs (70,000 to 1700). By observation, both forums have roughly the same amount of activity. But in ratio, ATVHonda is more alive. 

Goober is very active there, along with some others, doing their best to answer requests for assistance.

I intend to be active on both forums.

Seems there are a lot of people out there that don't want to be a member, they are just looking for answers to there problems ----

it is the slow/ off time right now  , but  I just looked , there are 16 people on line viewing the forum threads , but only 3 are members , @retro could likely tell you how many hits there are in a day ----   I am no computer guru , but I think the way it all works , there are politics involved , search engine will direct and " undirect " searchers to or away from , sites they like and don't 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

@retro could likely tell you how many hits there are in a day ----   I am no computer guru , but I think the way it all works , there are politics involved , search engine will direct and " undirect " searchers to or away from , sites they like and don't 

Yeah, thanks for mentioning hits and search performance Fish! You prompted me to update our google search stats and hits/performance stats... y'all can find them here:

https://atvhonda.com/topic/901-atv-hondas-google-search-console/

• Like 1

Vote ended on Sept 30 , Wilson won with 5 votes , hodge got 4 and Jeep got 1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2022 at 6:43 AM, hodge5 said:

along with some others, doing their best to answer requests for assistance

" I intend to be active on both forums. "

I was just over at the Old Board looking for Wilson's win acknowledgement >>>  Wreckless ( the mod that runs the contest ) still has not verified or even mentioned results of the September contest  as of yet >>>> while there , I noticed very few new  post are replied to at all , some of the threads that are being brought up are old stuff  from 2010-2018  ---- Looks like they could use your help !!! >>>>>>>  If you can't handle the load , just refer  them over here to ATVHonda .com 

• Like 1

I saw, this morning, that Wilson's win is posted.

I do contribute to Honda ATV, but only to things that I have experience with or insight into. I don't post on all posts, and I gloss past rambling posts with confusing grammar and no punctuation.

Edited by hodge5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

I gloss past rambling posts with confusing grammar and no punctuation.

That's me  rambling on with no punctuation or proper use of grammar 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

That's me  rambling on with no punctuation or proper use of grammar 

At least you spelled grammar correctly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hodge5 said:

At least you spelled grammar correctly.

I only failed one subject in school , typing , went to a catholic high school ran by brothers and they were mean , never liked Brother Carl , thought at 17 in 1974 , " why do I need typing " , never realized the internet would come along  and now I am a two finger Pecker Head 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, hodge5 said:

I loved typing class. 

Me too.  I went to an all boys school and typing class was at the all girls school next door.  LOL

• Haha 2

Jeep..... that coming from you doesnt shock me at all...... Lol! I reckon it's worse with us  country boys... Lol!