jeepwm69

Looks like the old board is "hiring" LOL

No takers yet ? Think of like this, the owners would not have that issue if they had listen to us....... So just give your winnings back to this place, and no one is stopping the members from there to join here for help, but there was just a limited time the word was put out (about this plsce) there, and I'm sure a number of members there had the chance to join here at that time, and still do..... We are just not putting the word out any longer because this place is now very well established, the most important thing to remember is..... The members aren't getting help is true, but it's the owners fault not any of us here. 

• Like 1

My thoughts are that the younger riders, when online, want the fast pace conversations (like chat) and that's why social media like FB are still going strong. The old wait for the correct answer of the forums is still the best but they will go through 100s of bad answers and ignore a good answer on FB instead. All the searches anymore are for selling stuff. You have to actually type in "forum" to get any old forum post in a search result unless it's something they can't sell you or you tube doesn't have it. That's another thing I noticed, the younger riders seem to like videos more than reading on how to fix a problem. I personally hate watching that 8 minute video to get the 2 seconds to answer the issue. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people take the time to make those but I'm still an old read it and look at the schematics kind of person.

For kicks I just browsed the HF site and it looks like a bunch of new unanswered posts and maybe even a few of their "hired" problem posts. That is one thing that really made me mad is when they payed others to post (no proof just my observation) to make the forum look more active. I'm still holding the second spot on posting though. lol

• Like 4

12 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

No takers yet ? Think of like this, the owners would not have that issue if they had listen to us....... So just give your winnings back to this place, and no one is stopping the members from there to join here for help, but there was just a limited time the word was put out (about this plsce) there, and I'm sure a number of members there had the chance to join here at that time, and still do..... We are just not putting the word out any longer because this place is now very well established, the most important thing to remember is..... The members aren't getting help is true, but it's the owners fault not any of us here. 

I post as much help as I am comfortable giving; I'm not going to answer posts when I'm out of my wheelhouse. I don't think that there are enough experienced members there to answer the span of questions being posted. For the few like Goober and Eric, they probably can't keep up with the questions. Often, the solution is to point them here. 

15 minutes ago, hodge5 said:

I post as much help as I am comfortable giving; I'm not going to answer posts when I'm out of my wheelhouse. I don't think that there are enough experienced members there to answer the span of questions being posted. For the few like Goober and Eric, they probably can't keep up with the questions. Often, the solution is to point them here. 

all the best members that made that site what it WAS !..is now here, me, fish, retro, trxtwofive0, and a few others made that site great, we know our honda's !..lol. i was there for over 10 yrs i believe it was ?, not much got by me that i could not answer. as wilson said above ^^^..they asked us for our input, we gave it..they did not like it, so, we said screw you and this site...you deal with the members that need help, we will go and make our own site..and to me..this site is the best on the net !. it has the smartest memebers, friendly memebers, helpful members any where you will look !. twodeep said it best above ^^^..the problem that site has now is..you got a million post that you have to go through just to find the correct answer from members there that '' claim '' they know what they are talking about ?..haha..ok..good luck with that. the best honda mechanics are right here !.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Someone needs to get in the contest !! Voting starts (i read) the 15th. 

@hodge5, you’re up!  

On 10/4/2022 at 8:57 AM, Fishfiles said:

I only failed one subject in school , typing , went to a catholic high school ran by brothers and they were mean , never liked Brother Carl , thought at 17 in 1974 , " why do I need typing " , never realized the internet would come along  and now I am a two finger Pecker Head 

i got up to 30 words per minute, with only three mistakes, but what do i know, i'm the only guy, who took home economics, 1 guy, 20 girls. now, ya never know whats in that class. this was public school.. thing is, i just wanted to know how to cook, guess i was cooking, subconsciously., and ya should know about economics.. just look at AOC;, a congress person, saying, if ya need more money, just print it. apparently she/it, i not good with the pronoun thing, got to be correct, hasnt used a wheel barrel to bring money to the store. not a political statement nor politics, just a educational point of view, i liked history also.

on the side, is there an education thread, so i dont post the wrong thing. its getting late in the day, almost sunrise.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i got up to 30 words per minute, with only three mistakes, but what do i know, i'm the only guy, who took home economics, 1 guy, 20 girls. now, ya never know whats in that class. this was public school.. thing is, i just wanted to know how to cook, guess i was cooking, subconsciously., and ya should know about economics.. just look at AOC;, a congress person, saying, if ya need more money, just print it. apparently she/it, i not good with the pronoun thing, got to be correct, hasnt used a wheel barrel to bring money to the store. not a political statement nor politics, just a educational point of view, i liked history also.

on the side, is there an education thread, so i dont post the wrong thing. its getting late in the day, almost sunrise.

Hey Eddie, I had Mr. Davidson for my typing teacher.  Some of us called him Harley.  Not to his face though.

I bet AOC could eat corn on the cob through a chain link fence.  Just looking at her reminds me of a praying mantis.

• Haha 4

Somebody needs to throw in over on the old board for the monthly contest.  I like to see people from here win it! 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 8:44 AM, RubiDan said:

I bet AOC could eat corn on the cob through a chain link fence.  Just looking at her reminds me of a praying mantis.

She looks like she could be the poster pic for the Buck-ee truck stops 

image.pngimage.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.pngimage.png

The funniest part of it all is that she thinks she's beautiful and every man alive wants to go out with her.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RubiDan said:

The funniest part of it all is that she thinks she's beautiful and every man alive wants to go out with her.  

I would have to be drunk to bang her with the lights on .. Sober it would have to be pitch black dark and it would be a quickie.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.pngimage.png

Haha! I don't think she could even make it as  a lot lizard ......... man after seeing this i gotta go have a shower ..... Hopefully the water will wash that image away.... !!!! 

11 hours ago, riverc said:

I would have to be drunk to bang her with the lights on .. Sober it would have to be pitch black dark and it would be a quickie.

....... Dude ... No amount of alcohol can even come close to numbing me enough, and I'm talking about back when i used to drink... And Ive never been that hard up..... Haha! Geeze .... You guys gotta get close to a line you will not cross!! .... I'm worried about some of y'all now.... This reminds me of this....... Puke gag...... Running screaming.... For the hills! Never to be seen  again....... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Haha 1

Their practically begging for another entry ....... Hm...... That doesn't sound just right ....... Lol! I'm refurring to the contest...... Sigh.... 

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

....... Dude ... No amount of alcohol can even come close to numbing me enough, and I'm talking about back when i used to drink... And Ive never been that hard up..... Haha! Geeze .... You guys gotta get close to a line you will not cross!! .... I'm worried about some of y'all now.... This reminds me of this....... Puke gag...... Running screaming.... For the hills! Never to be seen  again....... 

Come on Wilson AOC ain't that bad looking. At 61 no way would I pass on that young nookie

• Haha 1

I'm just messing with ya ..... Lol! Wow...... I was just getting stuff out to make veg soup today, and while doing that i got to thinking about some of my teachers miss Debbie was one i recall.... 5th grade teacher at cully...... She looked good, kinda like Kim kardashian just not quiet as indowed ....... 

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'm just messing with ya ..... Lol! Wow...... I was just getting stuff out to make veg soup today, and while doing that i got to thinking about some of my teachers miss Debbie was one i recall.... 5th grade teacher at cully...... She looked good, kinda like Kim kardashian just not quiet as indowed ....... 

It's 35 here this morning so we cooking Chicken, sausage and shrimp gumbo today. Hope you enjoy your vegetable soup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That sounds delicious!  Thank you by the time its done ill be ready for some hot food to shake off the chill  .....Cold temps is what got me in the mood for some soup ...... Ill post in the food thread that fish started, i think also some sweet cornbread, we dropped down to the mid twenties .....it's slowly climbing 34 now... 

• Like 2

It made it to 31  this morning  here in the woods  , my garden hose nozzle was frozen and couldn't spray the ice off my windshield , took about 15 minutes  with the defroster to clear 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

It made it to 31  this morning  here in the woods  , my garden hose nozzle was frozen and couldn't spray the ice off my windshield , took about 15 minutes  with the defroster to clear 

We had no frost here I'm worried about my zucchini they say 32 for here tomorrow morning I hope not.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Hehe...welcome to my world 😛 If you know ahead of time its going to be like that, put some cardboard over your windshield the night before 😉 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

@Fishfiles

Always disconnect your hose from the house in freezing weather. 

The ice expands and damages your valve seats causing a leaky valve that needs to be replaced.  

Lived in cold weather most of my life and this cost me money, time and water.  

If I need to defrost a windshield quickly, I take a gallon container and fill it with cool to lukewarm water.

Never use hot water as that will crack the windshield.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

yesterday around 2am it got to 22 degrees breaking the record of 25 for this time of year. last year it never got below 45 in October was usually about 85-90 during the day arkansas has some bi-polar weather