AKATV

Looking for Rancher 350 Ring gear

Hi to all,

I wanted to check in here to see if anyone might have a decent used ring gear 

for an 02 Rancher 350 rear diff pretty sure 00-06 are all the same

If so, let me know what you might want for it

Thanks

rmatv sells brand new ring gears, that is what i would do. you can check power sports nation to see if they have a ring gear ?. chances are though...if the ring gear is bad ?, the axle will be as well.

Thanks Shade

I’ve got an axle on hand with good splines 

Somebody did a half ! welding job on the ring gear and the rear axle so I’m just gonna remove it all and put it back together correctly

14 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Thanks Shade

I’ve got an axle on hand with good splines 

Somebody did a half ! welding job on the ring gear and the rear axle so I’m just gonna remove it all and put it back together correctly

then just buy a new ring gear, be warned though..when you put new stuff with old stuff ?, they dont like it !. its best to replace ring gear and pinion gear as a set !.

• Like 2

I have swapped plenty through the years, some still working strong after 10+ years with no issues

I have found as long as you set backlash correctly with the correct shims,

you will not have any issues, unless your parts are severely worn.

But I get it, its kind of like when you see someone replace just one half of a crankcase...

when you know that they are factory line-bored as a set, and should be replaced as a set...

Edited by AKATV

Newer machines have straight cut gears so you can replace ring or pinion without having to do both.

The older machines with helical cut gears you should absolutely replace them as a set

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Newer machines have straight cut gears so you can replace ring or pinion without having to do both.

The older machines with helical cut gears you should absolutely replace them as a set

correct..but even straight cut gear teeth wear..i always replace them as a set..when you are that deep into it ?, do it once..be done with it.