ratnester

Busted Brake Plate

2006 Foreman 500 4x4 manual shift. After riding Saturday, I noticed my left brake wasn't working. I looked at the back and looks like I broke the cable off the housing. It looks like a back plate for the brake housing but I am not finding it on any diagram on the web. Does anyone know what the part number is or where I can get one used? I also thought about drilling a hole behind it and rigging something up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

honda.JPG

Backing plates are pricey.  Were it me I'd drill a new hole and get a new brake cable.

• Like 1

yes thebrake backing plates  are pricey , this is Partzilla below and it comes with the bearings and seals already installed in the plate  , Rocky Mountain would be cheaper , just Rocky Mountains  part finche suck  , and I would rather use partzilla to lookup parts 

BRAKE PANEL SET

43010-HN2-000

by Honda

$296.25 7% OFF

$275.51
image.png
  • Like 2

I have drilled one before on a 450 when i was in a pinch at camp and it works perfect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

where are ya located ?, near north little rock, ar ?, i'll fix ya up on a backing plate. but from what i have discovered last night, the trx350 rancher is the same backing plate used on 400, 450, and 500 from what i've seen and tested.

• Like 1

A couple small holes, a little wire to secure the brake cable and your going again.