wordty

Southerner looking for New 2019 Rubi Price (EPS 4x4 footshift)

1. New to this site as it was suggested to me by someone on another forum.  Glad to find this site.  Looking to get a 2019 Rubi as stated in title.  I am in Shreveport and will travel to surrounding states if the price is right...thought some of you may suggest a good dealer...???Thanks!

I can't help ya with a dealer recommendation in your area, but Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

Welcome here, there are a few LA guys here so maybe they will chime in to help you out....

• Like 1

If you look on the Members Map you may be able to see who is close to you

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums , I am from south Louisiana and everyone around here says the best prices on a new Honda are in Brook Haven Mississippi , give them a call 

• Like 1

What I did was go into the nearest dealers and ask for the out the door price.  I didn't want the base price, the msrp price, just the total, all included out the door price.

And when I got that from one which was $600 less than the other, I went with it.

I had 2 dealers nearby, 50 miles each in different directions.  So that was a toss up but the $600 difference made the decision for me.  Also a purchasers discount for anything else bought at the dealer.

I do my own service so that meant nothing.  But I suppose either one would do good service. 

I suppose I could have done better by going to the big city, but that's 100 to 150 miles. 

I was going to go with the Pioneer 500 but a neighbor let me drive his and it was ... too noisy. 

And I'm real happy with the Rancher 420.

dc

• Like 1

Foot shift is the way to go. Let us see what you get. Ultimate combo IMHO would be a fi footshift 4x4.

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

I'm happy I didn't go with foot shift. 

Surely on  a motorcycle I want a shift, manual, foot shift because that is just part of riding a motorcycle.  But it is somewhat of a pain in city riding, but that matters not as I'm far from the city now.

I did have a new Mustang GT with 5 or 6 manual gears when I was in the big city (Los Angeles) and I soon sold it, as it was a pain to drive it in stop and go traffic which is impossible to avoid in Los Angeles.

But on the atv my riding is up hill, down hill, left turn right turn, constantly, and I would not want to be on and off the clutch and gear selector all that time.

I know a lot of people here or anywhere talk about auto transmissions and the possible problems they can have with them.  I also know that in Mexico, and I have heard in other countries they favor sticks as they are worried about auto trans repairs. 

But I've seen as much manual trans failure as auto. 

One of the first jobs I ever did was a '65 Mustang clutch when it was about a year old.  And after getting the clutch out the owner said "oh, the first gear is shot", whereby I opened the transmission, sent him down to the dealer for new gears and had them in in minutes.

I used to know a used car dealer who said "oh, these people say they like their synchromesh manual transmission.  Until they have to pay to repair it."

And I never had a auto trans fail me.    Maybe I just don't get around enough.

On the atv it does sometimes shift rough, or linger in a lower gear, but it still is a lot less hassle than in and out on the clutch and up and down on the gears.  So I'm happy.  Knock on wood.

dc

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 1:33 PM, David13 said:

I'm happy I didn't go with foot shift. 

Surely on  a motorcycle I want a shift, manual, foot shift because that is just part of riding a motorcycle.  But it is somewhat of a pain in city riding, but that matters not as I'm far from the city now.

I did have a new Mustang GT with 5 or 6 manual gears when I was in the big city (Los Angeles) and I soon sold it, as it was a pain to drive it in stop and go traffic which is impossible to avoid in Los Angeles.

But on the atv my riding is up hill, down hill, left turn right turn, constantly, and I would not want to be on and off the clutch and gear selector all that time.

I know a lot of people here or anywhere talk about auto transmissions and the possible problems they can have with them.  I also know that in Mexico, and I have heard in other countries they favor sticks as they are worried about auto trans repairs. 

But I've seen as much manual trans failure as auto. 

One of the first jobs I ever did was a '65 Mustang clutch when it was about a year old.  And after getting the clutch out the owner said "oh, the first gear is shot", whereby I opened the transmission, sent him down to the dealer for new gears and had them in in minutes.

I used to know a used car dealer who said "oh, these people say they like their synchromesh manual transmission.  Until they have to pay to repair it."

And I never had a auto trans fail me.    Maybe I just don't get around enough.

On the atv it does sometimes shift rough, or linger in a lower gear, but it still is a lot less hassle than in and out on the clutch and up and down on the gears.  So I'm happy.  Knock on wood.

dc

everyone has a fav. i just hope you made the right choice, if you've been around atvs as long as i have  ( 28 yrs ) ?, you would not believe all the es problems i have seen on and off the forums !. still, i wish ya the best !.

• Like 1