Dennis69

Honda trx350fe 2002 and 2005 meter

7 hours ago, Dennis69 said:

I need the meter repaired on both 4 wheelers. Can you send contact info and price range?

Welcome aboard.  Nose around while you wait on the meter genie to appear.

Hi Dennis69

welcome to the forum!

Post the year make and model and what you have going on with them

It would be helpful to post a few pictures of your meters powered up with the display illuminated ( headlights turned on) so I can better see what you have going on with displays

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

• Like 1

Most likely, with that top broken cover water has damaged and corroded the circuit card beyond repair

If you open up the case and post a photo of the circuit card and we can take it from there

I have a 2005 honda rancher es trx350fe 4x4 than has a bad meter and was wondering if it can be repaired. The meter is sun faded and doesn’t work at all

Post a few pictures so we can see what you have going on

It helps to take pictures of your meter with your headlights turned on so that the displays backlight is on

Edited by AKATV

Headlights are on and nothing on the meter. I don’t know if it can be fixed or not but the oil light and neutral light was working before. I opened the meter up and I had brownish water come out of it

AB10777F-A138-4F1B-BCA6-3AD5EA785C00.jpeg

517CC158-0A2F-41A1-9692-72564E799822.jpeg

If you have opened meter and  CB it was full of water, then I can say with high certainty that the circuit card is not repairable and its time to look for a replacement

Just to be sure you might want to open it

up and take a picture of the internal circuit cad as well

The only meter that’s interchangeable is another Rancher TRX350 ES/FE

I believe 2001 to 2006 fits

Is your top cover cracked as well?

I might have a lead on parts if you were interested I’ll send my contact information to your message box

Edited by AKATV

I have a 99 Foreman S.  Changed the starter solenoid, turn the key back on and now have a blank screen.  If I remove the fuse with key on, replace the fuse the display lights up again.  Then turn off the key and just turn the key back on the screen is blank.   Could the problem be in the board?  I would like to get it fixed.

Thanks

Randy

Edited by Randydan

You might have a bad diode on the board or have a bad capacitor

The first thing that I would do is make sure that you have 12 volts on the red/black wire and brown/black wire on the grey speedometer plug coming from the harness with the key on

Has this been jumped with jumper cables from a car or similar?

You should have constant power at one wire -that’s the back up your clock time and then you should have one wire that is switched when you turn the key on

Seems like you could possibly only be getting power at one wire as well

Check the gray plug area for a possible burned or corroded pin as well

Edited by AKATV

Where is the easiest access to the wires and the plug?  Inside the pod housing?  Or the speedometer housing, which I call the pod.   I haven't taken the case off yet.  So, I will dive into that tonight, and check voltage of wires.

Like I explained before to make it work, it was the Ign. fuse that I pulled out and put back in, when the key was on and the screen lite up, if that helps.

Thanks

Edited by Randydan

Everything checked out, both wires have 12 volts.  I would like to see about getting it repaired.

Thanks

Edited by Randydan
I hit the enter key by mistake, to early

OK sounds like you might have a problem with your board indeed

When you checked on the harness side for power and then after you verified that, did you also check on the other side of the gray plug on the backside of the pins to make sure that both those power pins we’re getting power to the speedometer?

It might be easier to open up the speedometer case and check directly at the circuit board but that’s up to you

I went out and turned the key on and the display lite up.  I turned the key on and off 2 more times it worked.  Went back later was going to use it, now the display won't lite up.  I'll check the wiring again, sounds like a short somewhere.  I don't know anything about the board, and I haven't checked the power to the board yet.  So, I will tonight.

Also, now the red oil light comes on, at will.  Would a bad oil light sensor cause any of the board problems?  Or the board cause those problems? 

Thanks

Bad fan control unit will cause intermitttant oil light

You can pull it and bake it at 450 for 7-8 minutes it fixes them most of the time

Thanks for the fan control trick for the oil light.  I'll throw it in the oven tonight when my wife starts the lasagna.  LOL

Thanks again I'll give it a try.

Just make sure to let FCU cool before moving it

Your oil light should come on when you turn key on for a couple seconds and then go out and stay out