LedFTed

siatica

i got a bit of sciatica, started in 2017. i slipped on some porch steps, and i landed on my back on those steps. aggravated an old injury. i was looking at my feet when i hit the steps with my back. walking got worst after that, still does.

hard to recover from that for me. i have extenuating circumstances. just now getting sum better. come July it only makes 5 years. 4th of july weekend it was, in 2017..

i didnt have the pain much going to my knees, or farther, but with the strokes, it complicated things.so, i cant tell ya what exercise to us that will help.

i found that the exercise for enlarged prostate helps me, ended up with that too., old age, or not enough prostate usage seems to effect the prostate, just my IMO. anyway,

the exercise is fairly easy to try. reach your hands straight up towards the ceiling, and stand on your tip toes. least 10 times. maybe build from that.

a stronger back, better posture, might help also. helped me. other then that, i aint no doctor, so, check if this is OK. a good massage therapist could help, not like the one at the local place, which might help also to relieve tension. learn u and your wife massage therapy, might open up a whole new world for ya.

anyway, try what works, and what dont, an throw the stuff that dont work away. just IMO.

• Like 1

Yea Ted we talked about sciatic in chat last night, it is painful, mine does shoot down the back of my left leg.  @WonderMonkey posted a couple Youtube links for stretching exercises for sciatic and I am giving those a try.  I'm not sure what I did to aggravate mine but it has happened a few times in the past.  You just have to be careful when doing these stretches not to push too far or it could get worse, just to the point of feeling it..... As far as the prostrate goes I haven't had the finger test in quite awhile thankfully, done with a blood test now, whew....lol

• Like 2

What actually was the cause of mine was my hips were out of alignment.  A simple chiropractor visit would give me temporary relief, but would not take care of the root problem.  A PT with chiro abilities helped me to get a muscle in my lower back to relax and not continue to pull my hips out of alignment.  When that was solved, my sciatica went away.  On occasion, I feel a beginning of the issue and launch into some some the piriformis (the actual usual culprit) stretches and all is good.  There are many causes and reliefs to sciatica, but that's what worked/works for me.

• Like 2

i've done a lot of those stretches, not as many seconds as they say. maybe thats why this sciatica has dragged out so long.  all ways a different way to skin a cat.

Heard over the weekend , that seagull eye balls are full of some stuff that will make you feel better , not sure where to get it  ----  the chemical in there is 6,000 times more powerful than VitC 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i've done a lot of those stretches, not as many seconds as they say. maybe thats why this sciatica has dragged out so long.  all ways a different way to skin a cat.

Skinning cats will also get you a great set of mittens and eventually a nice coat.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 4:25 AM, Fishfiles said:

Heard over the weekend , that seagull eye balls are full of some stuff that will make you feel better , not sure where to get it  ----  the chemical in there is 6,000 times more powerful than VitC 

that an IQ test?, Fish? ;~}

Edited by LedFTed

On 4/11/2022 at 7:17 AM, WonderMonkey said:

Skinning cats will also get you a great set of mittens and eventually a nice coat.

that the same as a rabbit skin coat? They were sold once. my girlfriend, still broke up with me. nice looking coat, probably shed everywhere. 🙄

23 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

that the same as a rabbit skin coat? They were sold once. my girlfriend, still broke up with me. nice looking coat, probably shed everywhere. 🙄

image.png

• Haha 1