Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Why....WHY!!!!!  😲😳🥺🤢🤮🤧

• Like 2

@ATC4ever that missing lower mirror arm  part got my eye real fast ... if? your gunna customize one do it right ... like @Wheeler did with his 383 chevy... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Why....WHY!!!!!  😲😳🥺🤢🤮🤧

So many people I showed that three wheeler pic pic to said the exact same thing. WHY !!!!!  

• Confused 1

That would be awesome for the peat bogs here, looks like it has a plow lift? The plastic trax suck on snow and ice tho.....

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TBRider said:

That would be awesome for the peat bogs here, looks like it has a plow lift? The plastic trax suck on snow and ice tho.....

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Another why ???   Maybe not !!! 

image.png

You can see the plow blade in the bottom left corner of the pic , Bobcat came out with the rubber band style tracks back when , I was never a fan of them ---- if it works well or not I don't know , but it sure does look cool 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 8:24 PM, retro said:

Well, the GM Fast Burn heads, bone stock and unported with 2.00" Intake valves, 1.55" exhaust valves, 62cc chambers, 210cc intake ports & 78cc D-shaped exhaust ports outflow all other Factory GM hi-perf heads and outflow all Edelbrock heads., the Brodix Track 1 & Dart Conquest 200 as well, so if you can get a set in like new condition for less than $900-$1000 they will help you make torque.

BUT.... ya gotta dump that Comp Cams valvetrain, its useless junk. Call Ron Iskenderian (or ask me to) and ask him to grind ya a custom roller. Stock valves, retainers and valve springs are sufficient for your heavy hauling needs.You'll need flat top pistons or better to provide a sufficient compression ratio (minimum 9.7:1, 10:1 slightly higher is better, you'll need to run 92 octane fuel) along with a minimum of a 750 CFM carb on a single plane intake manifold port matched to the heads. You'll need headers primaries diameters of a minimum of 1 3/4" and a minimum of 34 inches long with 4.5 inch minimum diameter collectors, dumping into a high flowing dual-mufflers exhaust. For street use you'll need a mechanical & vacuum advance equipped distributor that you can custom recurve (35 degrees total with vacuum advance hose disconnected, all in by 2700 RPM or sooner) and gas stations spaced no further apart than about 240 miles. 🙂

If ya can meet or beat those specs you can expect to net a minimum of  465 ft lbs of torque @ 3850 RPM and the torque curve be flat from 2300 - 5200+ RPMs. Rear wheel torque will measure considerably less. A fat wallet is required. 🙂

Or, for a few 1000 bucks more you can build a genuine torquer small block from scratch. The 3.8" stroke 383 ain't in that class.

Well I decided to pull the pin & get the Fast Burn Heads installed. I’ll keep ya posted on my progress! Thanks for all that info. I’m close to what u mention... my long tubes are 1 5/8”, carb is 650cfm (May upgrade to the 800cfm) comp cam will be gone in lieu of the ZZ383 cam..

• Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 1:11 PM, Wheeler said:

Well I decided to pull the pin & get the Fast Burn Heads installed. I’ll keep ya posted on my progress! Thanks for all that info. I’m close to what u mention... my long tubes are 1 5/8”, carb is 650cfm (May upgrade to the 800cfm) comp cam will be gone in lieu of the ZZ383 cam..

I'd keep the 650 cfm carb since the intended RPM range is limited, optimizing low to mid-range RPM torque for towing. The ign advance curve requirements will change, as well as carb jetting... but thats about it. Keep us posted!

• Like 3

On 10/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

My uncle has a yeti for his big red.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 8:34 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

lol! or sky hooks ... 

a navy term, sky hooks. 🙂

On 10/1/2020 at 8:22 PM, Fishfiles said:

looks like a 79 bronco.  Roof cut and moved forward over the hood.  Looks like the hood don’t open no more. Must have a removable tunnel over the engine  like a van. Would guess you would have to lift the body off to work on the engine.   Looks like the door might open but you wouldn’t have much room to get in and out.  I wouldn’t want it.  Fits the topic.  What the he!! 

i wouldn't want to get caught driving it. least i drank a 12 pack.  🙂

• Haha 1

i heard that term years ago from a trucks driver friend of mine ... pulling a fast joke on the local dullard ...  he needed something to lift an engine ... and Gus offered his front end loader, and the guy said it wouldn't do the job lifting a  350 chevy which is not heavy ... lol.... from then on he just wanted to argue... so Gus said okay ... just get some sky hooks ... the guy asked .. about them... Gus said simple ... just toss the hooks up into the clouds ... lol ... and we walked out the door.....it just reminds me of what shade says ... YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.... rofl! .... 

i thought you didn't drive ? glad your able to again :-)

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

1952 Mercury Pick up 

The truck that should have been!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

interesting front clip on this bronco. 

image.jpg

You right , looks like a 1st gen Bronco  grill on a Bronco II 

yeah, i like the look, i was always a sucker for those small body bronco's , wish my pop would have kept his. i was very young, but i think it was a 3 on the tree. 

Finally.. today I’m dropping my truck off to have the refurbished GM FastBurn Heads & Cam installed in my truck. Replacing the stock Cast Vortec Heads & Comp cam I have now. Hood getting repainted as well. Went to replace the bug deflector & found rust. No mor deflector! I’ll 3M the hood now. 

• Like 3

Small change of plans. Truck dropped off but looks like I may buy & paint a new hood as it’s only $300 more with a warranty. He can  fix & paint the hood, but won’t guarantee that in 1 years time rust won’t be back.. so that’s my issue...

• Haha 1