Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

Maybe we should start a snowmobile thread , been seeing  some wild ones ...

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

I actually had the newer version 'if you will' of that, 1979 Chevy Monza with a 350 4 speed. Spin every where. I'll have to dig out a pic.

• Like 2

that's a sharp old classic! i always liked the step sides body style in those older trucks. you remember this one ? Sanford and son, a great show. redd foxx sure was a great actor. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3

we had an old farm truck that had the GMC big block v-6 .... just a flat more powerhouse of an engine, had m22 muncie 4 speed rockcrusher transmition. in it, my dad sold it to a collector ...when i was 16, i hated to that truck go. 

• Like 4

Just got a call from shop. Said the oil pan gasket should be replaced as it’s a mess of silicone ect. Heads off, pistons look good. Won’t be long now boyz!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now this is something I'm familiar with.

That is a CJ10A tug, which were a 2wd, DIESEL truck used to pull aircraft around on the tarmac. 

Lots of folks now will use the chassis and cab to build some pretty sweet tugs out of them.  A lot of folks put a military trailer bed behind the cab (M101 or M105 trailers).

The CJ10 was offered as a 4wd truck overseas, with a cab and flatbed, or cab and regular bed, but it wasn't ever sold in the US.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Now that's pretty.  Needs some more period correct wheels, but those 67-72 GM trucks and Blazers are the prettiest trucks out there IMO.  I love the older ones too, but those stick out to me more than any others.

• Like 1

yeah i love those old jeeps, my uncle had one he got from the military ... i Hardly remember much about it, i remember my pop wanted me to see it, i reckon i was about 4 or 5 ?? he had painted (primed it red) i believe it looked like this model , what i do recall is 3 shifters ... when he passed his kids sold the jeep, my father wanted, but passed for reasons he never told me about, he drove that critter all over that farm, and  in the creeks .... for years... that thing was tough as nails. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yeah i love those old jeeps, my uncle had one he got from the military ... i Hardly remember much about it, i remember my pop wanted me to see it, i reckon i was about 4 or 5 ?? he had painted (primed it red) i believe it looked like this model , what i do recall is 3 shifters ... when he passed his kids sold the jeep, my father wanted, but passed for reasons he never told me about, he drove that critter all over that farm, and  in the creeks .... for years... that thing was tough as nails. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I still hope to get an early flattie one of these days.  CJ2A and CJ3A's look most like the military MB's from WW2.  The CJ3B has a tall hood to make room for the engine used.

There was a rusted out MB behind a house by my buddy's when I was a teenager.  Old man who owned it wanted $400 for it, but as we all know, $400 is a LOT of money for a 14 year old in the late 80's.

Then another running and driving CJ2A popped up about 15 years ago when I was in NW Arkansas.  $1250, and I had the money, but not a place to put it.  I lived in a subdivision and didn't have anywhere I could put it.  I thought about it for a day, and decided I'd just park it in the yard and the neighbors could deal with it.  Called the guy back and he'd sold it that morning.

I haven't really been actively looking because I know I have too many projects as it is, but maybe someday.

The three sticks were for the transmission (3 speed) and the transfer case (one was for High/Low range, and the other for 2wd/4wd)

• Like 2

oh so you can use low in t-case only in two drive, i noticed no manual front lock out / in hubs , that's wht i hate those auto locking hubs .. when sometimes you just low, but not 4wd, i use out k-30 one ton flat bed the same way, just never lock in the front hubs... so itake it these jeeps had the front running all the time when driving, just not locked in, you know, like a 424 does on a 300 4wd, etc except the jeeps lock from within the t-case ... not a driveline coupler. 

• Like 1