Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That's a model ^^^^ above , did it fool  you ? 

The blower gives it away 😉

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

My brother had this as a toy when we were kids, might even still be around somewhere.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

My brother had this as a toy when we were kids, might even still be around somewhere.

I built the plastic model of the Red Baron ^^^ back in the day , along with Rat Fink and the Munster's Mobile 

image.pngimage.png

• Like 1

my pop had one like this at one time, when i was a youngster..... not nearly as slick as this one, had a flat wood bed, it's still parked in the woods.... has been for over 50 years, trees finally took it over, but the strange thing is the angle of the hill it's parked on. my have even been my grandfathers jeep. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/29/2021 at 5:00 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

oh so you can use low in t-case only in two drive, i noticed no manual front lock out / in hubs , that's wht i hate those auto locking hubs .. when sometimes you just low, but not 4wd, i use out k-30 one ton flat bed the same way, just never lock in the front hubs... so itake it these jeeps had the front running all the time when driving, just not locked in, you know, like a 424 does on a 300 4wd, etc except the jeeps lock from within the t-case ... not a driveline coupler. 

Correct.  You could add lockouts, and most people did, but they were aftermarket.

• Like 1

i read you can use ford ranger lock outs on the xj jeeps ... just a few simple changes ... I'll see if i can dig that up. 

@jeepwm69 it's post here on the site http://bleepinjeep.com/ that's for the xj jeep conversion, I'm not sure on those older models. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

The shop just texted me.. truck fires right up & sounds AWESOME he said. They working on torque converter now... beast mode here we come!

• Like 4

Buddy i got it off of back in 1991 said it was a 350 with 283 heads.... & it was a 4 speed. 1979 Chevy Monza Spider.

monza.jpg

• Like 3

Top pic was from 1990, the 454 i put in the 66 Chevelle, & the 350 in the Monza the next summer. 

engines.jpg

• Like 2

Me on the roadcourse probably 10-12 yrs ago....that's the heritage of my screen name.

070005_1.jpg

• Like 1

ON a business trip years ago I went through a museum in Chatham up in Canada. About an hour east of Detroit I think. They do high end restorations and have a small museum. Very cool cars inside. Some 30's hollywood cars are there. Duesenburgs and such. Very cool

Car Pics Chatham 004.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/31/2021 at 5:07 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

kinda looks likes a 53 Chevy, cept the wheels. top of cab is not rounded, another model ??

Edited by LedFTed

On 1/30/2021 at 11:44 AM, ATC4ever said:

there a skeleton, behind the wheel, driving?

more like a 47 -  50 model, 51 the front fenders were changed ..slightly.

Edited by _Wilson_™

8 hours ago, LedFTed said:

there a skeleton, behind the wheel, driving?

No it was a Hot Wheels car if i recall.

Boyz... the 383 with new FastBurn Heads & roller cam is up & running. New 2220rpm stall bolted in. Plus few other things. She’s heading onto the dyno! There are 3 in line for tuning before my beast goes on. I’ll anxious to see the new numbers. Prior I made 233rwhp & 330rwtq @ 3500rpm. The shop videos all dynos & posts up on their YouTube page!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

That front wheel must be for plowing.   It sure isn't going to be for changing direction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heres my baby dont think i posted it yet haha, mind you im only 30 and this is my first truck i bought in 08' so to me shes a classic, she doesnt see winter/rain trying to keep her clean lol GMT-400's are getting rare to find clean anymore.

1994 gmc k1500 , 220k miles, leaks every fluid you can think of but the body is clean LOL plus it has the loudest horn in my area. Nathan airchime k5la / graham white e-bell , 12 gallons of air and onboard air compressors 😛 clip here if interested: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBZY8ACJ5Kw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

QD5k5Hu.jpg

And heres my dads 67 camaro , 396 , 4 speed manual , gas guzzling machine

IMG_20180624_143644.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1