Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

6 minutes ago, balljoints said:

Heres my baby dont think i posted it yet haha, mind you im only 30 and this is my first truck i bought in 08' so to me shes a classic, she doesnt see winter/rain trying to keep her clean lol GMT-400's are getting rare to find clean anymore.

1994 gmc k1500 , 220k miles, leaks every fluid you can think of but the body is clean LOL plus it has the loudest horn in my area. Nathan airchime k5la / graham white e-bell , 12 gallons of air and onboard air compressors 😛 clip here if interested: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBZY8ACJ5Kw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

QD5k5Hu.jpg

And heres my dads 67 camaro , 396 , 4 speed manual , gas guzzling machine

IMG_20180624_143644.jpg

That horn!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

That horn!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

haha thanks!! its from a old train thing is HUGE, mounted it where my spare tire used to be my youtube video of my setup if interested lol 

IyjFa.jpg

• Like 7

balljoints , I like your Big Horn emblem on the tail gate .... being a RAM guy myself , I wonder if that could be considered a case of Stolen Valor ? , LOL 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, balljoints said:

haha thanks!! its from a old train thing is HUGE, mounted it where my spare tire used to be my youtube video of my setup if interested lol 

IyjFa.jpg

Very nice truck.  Here's something you can put in the bed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, balljoints said:

my dads 67 camaro , 396 , 4 speed manual , gas guzzling machine

that one sharp machine! bet she will squeeze you back in the seat. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

balljoints , I like your Big Horn emblem on the tail gate .... being a RAM guy myself , I wonder if that could be considered a case of Stolen Valor ? , LOL 

Lol I paid 50 bucks for that ! emblem back in the day, it confuses people in the beginning

54 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that one sharp machine! bet she will squeeze you back in the seat. 

Thank you, it certainly is a blast to drive when he lets me take it for a weekend cruise! 

• Like 1

in reference to the post in fishes gas bike thread, blue goose international one ton, this body style is what she was, not close being as sharp as this one, ours was faded blue, no rust, but tough as nails, with straight six, 2wd, i think.... it was a 4 speed manual, I'd love to have that old truck back, but my father had it cut in half, and made a duel wheel wagon out of the back end to haul a 500 gal water tank. 

image.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

check out the stacks and ifs .... in be curious as to what that beast has for a power plant. 

Looks like a tow truck ---  wonder what year that Dodge is ? 

no clue on what year,  it here's another pic, I've always liked wreckers.... at least the old school beast, and highway thru h--- is a favorite show. 

what has me thrown is the ifs ... trucks that old didnt have ifs, not sure if they had freewheel hubs, but this doest, but it does have a SRA with helper springs ... maybe this body was moved to a later year dodge frame ? it would kind of explain exhaust stacks 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Here’s the latest....  he had a lot of trouble. Found the motor pulling timing. Had to replace weights & springs in dizzy, vacuum advance wasn’t working, 650cfm carb was too small. Now have 750cfm Edlebrock. 

He’s not done. Made 275rwhp & 330rwtq at 3k rpm. I find it odd I still make same amount of torque but at 500rom lower. I picked up 25rwhp. He said it’s a TOTALLY different truck now. He had to do the tuning in second gear because with the 4.56 gears are soo low. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

Here’s the latest....  he had a lot of trouble. Found the motor pulling timing. Had to replace weights & springs in dizzy, vacuum advance wasn’t working, 650cfm carb was too small. Now have 750cfm Edlebrock. 

He’s not done. Made 275rwhp & 330rwtq at 3k rpm. I find it odd I still make same amount of torque but at 500rom lower. I picked up 25rwhp. He said it’s a TOTALLY different truck now. He had to do the tuning in second gear because with the 4.56 gears are soo low. 

That's got one heck of a howl to it.

• Like 1

Many, many years ago while doing training in Grosse Pointe Woods MI we heard one sweet sounding engine go by and stop out back.  I asked one of the students to go out and see what it was.  He came back laughing his a$$ off.  Said it was a city garbage truck!  Break time!  Went out and looked and sure enough, a garbage truck.  Had 427 on the hood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

most likely an industrial 427,  like the 366, and the 370 ford engines, those went into medium duty trucks back years ago, we have lime spreader truck  close to this model, but no air axle, as those just help get you stuck in tilled up field (pic) has 366 5+2 and yeah it's factory built, and tuff as nails ... those engines see high rpm 4, or 5 plus all day, and high temps all day long, i miss those old trucks. had a short road tracter with an industrial 427, just a flat more power house, i hauled many a load of hay, and tobacco ... on a 32 foot goose neck, she loved gas, had a Holley double  pumper carb but it's been so long... i don't recal which one, maybe a 950 ? but it came factory installed, also have a grain body c-65 (pic) 5+2 427 .. same setup, industrial engine. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

We had a Ford F750 I think line truck with a 370 2 bbl.  on Conrail.  Nicknamed that guttless thing Rolls Canardly.  Rolls down the hills, can hardly make it back up the other side.  Seems to me it had an odd shift pattern too.  Something like 4l, 5l, 4h then 5h.

9 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Made 275rwhp & 330rwtq at 3k rpm. I find it odd I still make same amount of torque but at 500rom lower. I picked up 25rwhp

Is that with the 350 ZZ4 cam?

You made some progress, not much, but ya did boost it a bit and you moved the torque peak down 500 RPMs. But ya still need to boost the torque to a much higher max, AND, shift that entire boosted curve down lower where you can use it at maximum advantage for towing.

Pay no attention to HP figures... tell your dyno guy don't even bother to print that figure for ya cause it's meaningless... HP is not a measurement, it's a CALCULATION, nothing more than psychological smoke & mirrors. Print big torque down low, where an HP figure will be very low!

You can fix the output by dropping in the custom Isky grind posted a few pages back. Whenever you're ready.... 🙂

• Like 2

What if you were to ditch that carb and stick a fuel injection set up in it 

• Like 1

@retro yes that is with the 350 cam he recommended. I will look further into that cam u told me about for sure. Yes I dropped the power and down 500rpm which is great. He did say that it pulls like a freight train in the highway  & is a totally different truck.  Even he was surprised that he had to change tha carb to a 750 as he told me to stick with the 650 for more torque. He as well hasn’t shown me the graph yet but says it comes on right from the get go strait up then flat lines across to 5500. That I know is good for power.. instead of climbing as the higher rpm comes on. 

@Fishfiles I won’t go back to efi with this engine. It caused me nothing BUT trouble. 

Edited by Wheeler