Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

Just now, Chevymec said:

@Wheeler truck sounded healthy on the dyno! What kind of problems did the efi give you?

i had lots. The afr would never dial in, never start proper, ect...once I went to. Carb & no electronics.. no issues...

• Like 3

now, i never was into ford broncos, ... but I've seen one these running around here lately kind of the exact paint scheme,(has a tad more yellow to the top side of the trim strip) so i take it, this is a specail edition ? defrent wheels / rims, but still has the sfa. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

I've never seen a four door like this old chevy before, but i used drive a standard one ton dump like this body style hauling / feeding round bales, sure was a tough ol chevy, with a 327 ... which i believe was a transplant engine. top speed, 60 mph, and she was screaming at that speed. 

image.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think it would look even better with a different shade of stain on the wood 

• Thanks 1

i was thinking aluminum diamond  plate bed, to match  the wheels now if the wheels were the old stock wheels then, yeah, an oak bed, with a deeper stain. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 7:56 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

You need an old square Bronco Fish......You NEED one......

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 5:56 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Not a fan of those wheels, but those 67-72's are the best looking trucks ever IMO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Aluminum bed and running boards would really kick it up 

i think so to, but i would rather see a classic like that, with oem wheels, and a wood bed, with a deep stained color, i think those old wheels were multie part wheels, maybe the the reason they went with aluminum, you won't find many people who will mess with those split rims, and i can't say i blame them. 

1979 b-100 Ford , suppose to be rare , I have never seen one m this one is for sale 

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I've only seen just one .....f-100  truck, i believe ford stopped production around 1975, then the f-150 replaced the f-100 as for the B - 100 .... I've never seen one of those, but from what I've read they were made in Mexico. half ford van, and the nose of a pickup. ?? can't find anything much about them online. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

I seen this B-100 , they said it was a 1979 but it is sporting 1978 round headlights and looks like a 1976 grill and cowl 

They made  F-100s from 1953-1983 

image.png

• Like 2

i just wonder if ford made that model in a 4wd edition, i think  this model was what some called the 5 door ? (just one door one the left hand side) where i suppose the gas tank was located ? must have a been a run between gm, and ford ? 72 chevy suburban, those old classics i sure do like, that's  when vehicles were gas hog power houses. simple to work on, none of that computer mess, ha! how times have changed. lol. 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I seen this B-100 , they said it was a 1979 but it is sporting 1978 round headlights and looks like a 1976 grill and cowl 

They made  F-100s from 1953-1983 

image.png

Right, square lights were only in 1979.

• Like 1

can't veiw that one, must be on my side, what is it ? 

heres an older model, looks like it's got a defrent front clip. kind of looks like a ford exporor , or stretched ranger 

image.jpg

On 3/12/2021 at 3:47 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

i just wonder if ford made that model in a 4wd edition, i think  this model was what some called the 5 door ? (just one door one the left hand side) where i suppose the gas tank was located ? must have a been a run between gm, and ford ? 72 chevy suburban, those old classics i sure do like, that's  when vehicles were gas hog power houses. simple to work on, none of that computer mess, ha! how times have changed. lol. 

image.jpg

I've give my right one for that.

• Like 1