Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

thats the chevy body style i like, I'd like to have one EVEN now, but they never were popular around here, i think, just one man had one, green in color, had an inline six, 2wd, with that rear coil spring suspension 

image.jpg

I was watching Barrett Jackson just a little while ago And learned the 2 Wheel DrIve had coil springs.  four-wheel-drive had  leaf springs    Everything looks mean in flat black.  Tires sticking out just a tad , eh 

• Like 1

yes it does, looks real good, I'd take it, but I'd like a 4 speed, i know the boy, said his fathers truck, took forever to stop bouncing, I'm not sure where those 2wds had shocks mounted on the rear end, we had one looked like this 66 2wd same rear coil setup, lwb painted black with a white top cab 3 speed, with a 327, i believe the transmission was a saginaw, never had any issue, never got stuck in snow, or mud with that truck, but we didn't have it long, a collector got holt of my pop, and she was sold.  

image.jpg

• Like 1

I got to give my son in law a thumbs up for his 70 Cutlass , his dad gave it to him when he was 18 , he is 36 now , been garage kept it's entire life , he did a lot of work to it , he coned it  , all except for the 442 fender badges , so he ain't lying about nothing , last year he finished the 455 engine build and swop , don't know how lucky he was to get the Olds455 personal plate , would think that would have been taken already ----  he replaces the hood with the fiberglass 442 hood and the rear wing 

fullsizeoutput_d20.jpeg

IMG_1545.JPG

• Like 8

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

That's niiiiiicccce.

That's reeeeeeeeaaaaaaal niiiiiiiicccccce.

Sometimes the kids make the old man proud.👍

• Like 1

I cant say for sure.. but i am pretty sure these looking thing Fords are photoshop 🤔

55 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

I'm no photoshopper, but....

bronca.jpg

Looks like it says FOOL on the front grill 

Not  a classic truck by any means , my service truck , the water pump blew up on I-10 , lost power steering and brakes as it has a hydro-booster brake system , man was it hard to stop , took 1/4 mile or more from 75 mph , never even thought about the emergency brake till a buddy mentioned it , my buddy that rides 4 wheelers with us is on the right , he was going to pull me for $100 , about 15 miles to home , but he has a hook truck and says it is recommended to take the drive shaft off , so we got ASAP to use their roll off for $150 , the driver had a digital air ride setup , and it was pumped up to the max  and he said it was the heaviest load he ever moved with it , last time I weighed in I was at 16,500 , but also adding stuff to the truck , he said the roll off was rated at 20K ---- the whole ordeal started at 6:30 in the morning , by the time I got towed , took it apart , picked up the pump and new belt , broke a EGR tube and had to do some welding to by-pass it as the EGR is gone anyways , and had a 1 1/2 lunch break ,  it was an 11 hour thing  ---- I was able to change the pump with out removing the fan and shroud , changing the belt I pulled the shroud , you-tubers say you can do a belt change without removing the shroud , after bleeding from 5 spots and wasting an hour or more fighting it  , I removed the shroud 

After this ordeal was over , I google pulling the drive shaft for a tow , and it seems 2012 and up are the ones that need the shaft removed and if we would have stood under 45mph for a short distance it would have been ok to leave the shaft hooked up , but it was well worth $50 to not have to have disconnected the drive shaft ----  O'Riely's water pump is lifetime warranty  and cost less than the belt did , 7 pulleys on one belt , got 296,000 miles on the old pump , can't complain on that 

mUHAbTn7SaCBKBBD%LWeuw.jpg

• Like 3

One of the guys from works car. Had it over 22 years. 

cudaaa.jpg

Edited by ATC4ever
  • Like 7